Wish to start Indian Veg Restrarant in Mauritious

Hello.. I am from mumbai.. and wish to open an veg restrarant  specially Maharastrian Fodd in Mauritious. I would like have opinion from local indian resident of Mauritious about whether is there any scope to this. will people like to taste Maharastrian food.

Hi Sand,

Of course there is scope for an Indian veg restaurant in Mauritius. However, there are many veg restaurants already, so you will have to innovate and provide at a higher level to grab a chunk of the customer base. Maybe you will have to add different local dining options to your Maharastrian menu.
Maybe you will have to provide beer to cater for local taste and customs. There are some aspects that you will need to ponder upon.

You will have to take into consideration the location of the restaurant also...e,g you will fare much much better in an area with a high number of Indian expats even if a large part of the population are fond of Indian food.

I would suggest you come for a short visit to know the place better and to learn about the conditions for doing business in Mauritius.

Hi Kaviraj G

Thank u very much for the immediate reply and your valuable feed back on the subject. I really appriciate for d same. If you know about mauritious then please guide me on the locations where i can focus to work upon. Suggest the hot area where we can thought about. Thanks once again.

Santosh

I should know Mauritius, I'm a local!

About 65% of the Mauritian population is of Indian origin, so you will have no trouble finding a customer base. However, you should also consider the fact that the country is small and there are already many Indian-themed restaurants.
The coastal regions are good spots because, along with locals, there are many tourists living in those regions...most hotels are located on the coast.
You can also try out in towns which have a high population density. The town of Quatres Bornes especially has got many Indian expats living there. There was a fine Indian restaurant there but they moved out of town a few months ago. So there is definitely scope for a new one there.

However, I maintain that you would better make a short visit to know about the conditions and procedures for starting a business.

Hi
I am from Mumbai too based in Mauritius. There is a big Mauritian Marathi community in Mauritius that celebrate Shiv Jayanti in a big way. There is also a Marathi film festival planned in Mauritius for the month of March. If you are catering for Malvani food veg and non veg, there is a scope. Only for Pure veg I am not to sure. Pm me your Mumbai contact number , I will contact you whenever I am in Mumbai.

First thing first... respect the country where you aspire to open business - have its name correctly spelled and written.
No offence meant here, just a (maybe silly) observation from my side.

Good luck in your business venture!

Im from.delhi, lived in mumbai too for a while. I have tried few indian outlets here but I will gv 2 out of 5 to taste.
The real flavour is missing.  People never had panipuri, wada pau, dabeli...n yes all delhi street food delicacies.

Big scope, you need to be well planned if you are serious.

All the best.

Goshika wrote:

Im from.delhi, lived in mumbai too for a while. I have tried few indian outlets here but I will gv 2 out of 5 to taste. .

Where is 'here"?

Manama?

Bharain is NOT Mauritius :o

[Moderated: pls post your resume in the Jobs section]

Im in Mauritius now..moved 6months back from Bahrain

hi from Mauritius!
Veg restos are popular as this is a 3/3 people of Indian origin,who are often going veg due to religious festivals. Otherwise,other people also are going veg due to health reasons. My friends opened such restos in the past and its working well. So depending on the towns,and quality of your food,you will definitely have success,but maybe just for lunchtime as people dont really go out at night for eating. It will be also good to offer organic veg, this will attract tourists and informed people! Contact me for more!

For opening indisn restsurant in msuritous Contact me
  Mougam pareatumbee chef hotel catering training centre ltd tel 6745071 or 52548372 email address [email protected]

In the trade if food n hospitality for the pasr 35 yrs and honorary member of Indian federation of culinary association s (ifca)
Running my own restaurant  n training centre , Friends of Chef Sanjeev Kapoor,  Soundararajan corporate Mahindra, chef Majit Gill  corporate Itc group n jugesh Arora  from Mumbai Chennai . Contact me by email n lets meet when u r here , im running indian restaurant in curepipe, check royaume des saveurs in facebook, n join me in facebook, mougam pareatumbee  n my email is [email protected]

Dear Mougam

i am Pakistani reside in MAuritius i will suggest you to concentrate on Tiffin System as well as Many Indian Workers are woring here and they always look there taste . i Agree that by the name of indian food many resturants is here but Real Taste i am not sure ... Here you can grab market in Few time if you Really have command on Taste

Good luck

dear  sir, I  viewed with great interest the bakery,pastry&tandoori cook position, I wish to apply for this position, please consider in great detail my attached  your application form . If  given opportunity i will prove my best and be productive member of your team.                                                                                       
Looking forward your favorable reply,                                                                           

Thanking you                        my contact no 00919003414511

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum.]

[moderated: pls register your restaurant in the business directory]

For opening restaurant in Mauritius pls do visit n I invite you we can sit down n talk when you r here
Will be in singspore next week for food n hotel asia 2014,  to see food evolution in world market from 7th to 15th april .
To have an idea of what I do join me on facebook mougam pareatumbee
GOD BLESS MOUGAM PAREATUMBEE