Did you or do you practice yoga?

I believe in yoga because I have no reason to disbelieve something which is as old as India itself.  :)

Flies eat poo but I'll give it a miss, even though it's very old.

John C. wrote:

I believe in yoga because I have no reason to disbelieve something which is as old as India itself.  :)

Hello Sir,

I do yoga...not much but some of the PRANAYAMs....Its 5000 years before history....Yoga came as human science...to know oneself and command your own body and brain...In India the biggest Yogi India ever had was "Patanjali"....and he who compiles all the asanas of yoga.....

Regards,
Anil

aryavrat wrote:
John C. wrote:

Hello Sir,

I do yoga...not much but some of the PRANAYAMs....Its 5000 years before history....Yoga came as human science...to know oneself and command your own body and brain...In India the biggest Yogi India ever had was "Patanjali"....and he who compiles all the asanas of yoga.....

Regards,
Anil

Hi Anil, :)

1). Do you manage to practice regularly?

2). Yoga came to SLU in 1990 - 1991, mostly from instructors hired by hotels and classes were mostly for tourists.
Now there are a few clubs, some of them free.  They are mostly basic and it's up to the individual to go deeper into yoga by himself.
Video tapes are useful.

3). How did you learn about yoga?  Did you take classes?

John C. wrote:
aryavrat wrote:
John C. wrote:

Hello Sir,

Regards,
Anil

Hi Anil, :)

1). Do you manage to practice regularly?

2). Yoga came to SLU in 1990 - 1991, mostly from instructors hired by hotels and classes were mostly for tourists.
Now there are a few clubs, some of them free.  They are mostly basic and it's up to the individual to go deeper into yoga by himself.
Video tapes are useful.

3). How did you learn about yoga?  Did you take classes?

Hello Sir,

Yes i can take classes for beginners very easily and can practice for advancements....
All about yoga is breathing and postures...
Deeper is for Yogi who want to go into meditation through yoga....
I regularly (twice in a day) sit for meditation and i starts this with Yoga's
I dont go for jogging or running but one which i do it gives me more fitness and strength

regards,
Anil

The reality is that Yoga is too good a technique to be ignored forever ...  :)

Meditation is the key to yoga, as it is to many things.
The correct mental state can increase your body's physical abilities and give a stillness of mind in the most difficult of situations.
I have learned to control heart rate, blood pressure and, most importantly, the ability to remain calm and collected in the most difficult of circumstances.
Amongst other things, this ability saved me from a motorcycle crash when I lost control on black ice.
I remained calm of mind, allowing my body to react far quicker than it could otherwise have done, thus avoiding a tank slap.
This also allows a great calmness in other situations.
My first time on stage was unplanned and there was a serious crowd of people there, several thousand.
I went on, calmed my mind and body and did rather well.
And, just for the money obsessed members, fattened my wallet rather a lot in the process.
My experiences were part of martial arts training so I managed a little more than just yoga but that doesn't take anything away from yoga when done alone, as opposed to part of other arts.

mas fred wrote:

Meditation is the key to yoga, as it is to many things.
The correct mental state can increase your body's physical abilities and give a stillness of mind in the most difficult of situations.
I have learned to control heart rate, blood pressure and, most importantly, the ability to remain calm and collected in the most difficult of circumstances.
Amongst other things, this ability saved me from a motorcycle crash when I lost control on black ice.
I remained calm of mind, allowing my body to react far quicker than it could otherwise have done, thus avoiding a tank slap.
This also allows a great calmness in other situations.
My first time on stage was unplanned and there was a serious crowd of people there, several thousand.
I went on, calmed my mind and body and did rather well.
And, just for the money obsessed members, fattened my wallet rather a lot in the process.
My experiences were part of martial arts training so I managed a little more than just yoga but that doesn't take anything away from yoga when done alone, as opposed to part of other arts.

Fred,
What you are saying describes Tigers best.
The crouching in the grasses, the jump, the kill …

There is nobody obsessed with money here.  There are many private cyber-traders in this forum though, who are people who got fed up with working as employees or employers and work from home peacefully out of sight.
They know that if nobody sees them, nobody can attack them.

They do something other folks cannot do and they never want to do for a living again what those folks keep doing in hardwired robot fashion.
Are cyber-traders yogis?  Yes, many of them are but I do not know about the forum ones.

I'd love to hear from Stumpy.  :cool:

Are cyber-traders yogis?

Yogi bears in some cases.
They always have a plan, but never get the picnic basket.

mas fred wrote:

Are cyber-traders yogis?

Yogi bears in some cases.
They always have a plan, but never get the picnic basket.

Fred, :)
I know you are the one who knows everything on your turf, including yoga postures, while the rest of us can only guess.
How can we get Stumpy to tell us about his yoga favorite exercises?  :/

The word yoga comes from Sanskrit, an ancient Indian language. It is a derivation of the word yuj, which means yoking, as in a team of oxen. In contemporary practice, this is often interpreted as meaning union. Yoga is said to be for the purpose of uniting the mind, body, and spirit. Yoga teachers will often refer to "your practice," which means your individual experience with yoga as it develops over time. The amazing thing about yoga is that your practice is always evolving and changing, so it never gets boring. Although the poses themselves do not change, your relationship to them will. happy yoga everyone, you can do it anywhere for as long as it is peaceful and quite. :one

yes, yoga is great. i used exercise yoga everyday, but now just 3-4 times/week

willyauh wrote:

The word yoga comes from Sanskrit, an ancient Indian language. It is a derivation of the word yuj, which means yoking, as in a team of oxen. In contemporary practice, this is often interpreted as meaning union. Yoga is said to be for the purpose of uniting the mind, body, and spirit. Yoga teachers will often refer to "your practice," which means your individual experience with yoga as it develops over time. The amazing thing about yoga is that your practice is always evolving and changing, so it never gets boring. Although the poses themselves do not change, your relationship to them will. happy yoga everyone, you can do it anywhere for as long as it is peaceful and quite. :one

Hi Willy, :)
Thank you for your post.
Yes, I agree, discipline is key.

Do you practice yoga?

rubytran7691 wrote:

Every week?  :(

John C. wrote:
rubytran7691 wrote:

Every week?  :(

To be any good, that's a minimum.
I did 4 hard training sessions every week in TKD, another in jujitsu and Sunday mornings playing with Ninjitsu.
Of course, that was a good few years and 20+ KG ago.
I can still break bricks, kill people with my bare hands and so on but I can't kick people off their horse any more - I just can't jump high enough these days.

I'll bet you think I'm joking.

In our lungs we have around 6000 holes and for a good health  person only 1500 holes are filled with oxygen and rest are with carbon-di-oxide, but yoga has the ability to fill all the holes with oxygen and if somebody can do that....then if you put that person in a box and burried in the mud...he may be alive for 6 to 7 days......the asana for that is BHASRIKA and LOM VILOM

Regards,
Anil

Bhuddist use the same technique in Vipasna Dhyan (Vipasna Meditation).

I practice Yog daily ( the correct word in Hindi is Yog , when it is written in Roman an additional a is added) . I learnt it during my school days when I was a kid. It was in our curriculum. My yog postures are from Vedic Yog. I start with Anulom Vilom , Bhamri and  Kapal Bhati. Yog is an inseparable part of my life ... It has amazing powers to heal and restore your Physical , Mental and Emotional abilities.

You are a true Indian Woman,any way wishing you a Happy Women's Day.............

gym is gud than yoga

aryavrat wrote:

You are a true Indian Woman,any way wishing you a Happy Women's Day.............

Hi  Anil thanks for compliment and your wishes on Women's day. This really made my day ...

roshan789 wrote:

gym is gud than yoga

But when you stop going gym body becomes like a tyre.....

I have used some hatha yoga poses pretty much everyday as well as core strengthening work to keep my back and posture in form. I've done body building in the past but don't always have weights available so I've modified yoga and strength/ core moves to be fit and flexible. I added a muscle stimulation plate 2 years ago and use it once or twice a week.  It works without injury so thats what I stick with.

aryavrat wrote:
roshan789 wrote:

gym is gud than yoga

But when you stop going gym body becomes like a tyre.....

You wanted to say 'But when you stop going gym body becomes like a deflated tyre ...', didn't you???  :/

Absolutely correct Sir...............

I'd love to take yoga! I think it'd be fun. It'd be nice to be more physically fit. xP

Go ahead what did stops you ayan05?

Find useful info to succeed in your expat project

OR