Hello from Pitesti

Hello,

My family and I (husband and 5month old son, Arne) have recently relocated to Pitesti, Romania. We are from Belgium but have been living in Gabon, Central Africa for the last years, and have now just moved to Pitesti for my husbands job.

I'm looking to meet new people in the region. I would love to get to know Pitesti and Bucharest better, so i can find my way around. But most of all, i would love to meet other families and find fun activities to do with my son.

On first glance, Romania looks like an interesting country but i'm finding it difficult to find my way around. Anybody got any good tips on how to learn the language and what activities are on for us expats?

Hope to hear from you!
Kind regards,
Joëlle

Hi Joëlle and welcome to Expat.com! :)
Wishing you success in this new adventure!
Arlette

Thank you Arlette!

So does anyone know the best way to get in contact with families with young children? Playgroups or simular things?

I hear there is a french expat group in Pitesti but have not found any coordinates. Anyone got some info?

Have a nice day,
Joëlle

are you still living in Pitesti?
If yes, please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected]

Hello razvantareg -> This thread is dated 2010. :/

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi!
Do you still living in pitesti. If yes please contact me. I'm moving there in few weeks. Last year my husband been working in Bahrain but now he quit so we going back to pitesti bse it is his hometown.

My mail. [email protected]

Please don't hesitate to contact :)))

Jenny

@ Jenny > I will like to draw your attention to the year that this thread has been created (2010)

If you are looking for some information, i will advise you to create a new thread on the Romania forum please.

Have a nice day

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hello,

Unfortunately we have relocated to Bucharest since the children are now going to international school.

There should however still be a part of the French expat group there (afb). You can find them on http://www.bucarestaccueil.com/?page=37. It is via them that I found my way around there.

If you need any further info, pls do ask.

Kind regards,
Joelle