Coming to meet my future wife.

Hello everyone,visited ghana last march 2013 and will be returning,found the appliances and furniture in sunyani not very good,is it advisable to ship my furniture from the usa?Any advice is appreciated.

If you bring appliances from the US you will have to also bring adapters as the voltage is different here. Whether to ship or buy is a dilemma. Shipping is expensive and can take time. You need to look at the costs involved. On the other hand things here are not cheap and often they are not the latest model. However we bought most of our appliances when we came 4 years ago and everything except a relatively cheap freezer from South Africa is still working satisfactorily. I suggest you look on the website for Game or Melcom and look at the prices of the things you need and do your calculations based on those.
If you want to be comfortable here you need to ensure you have sufficient water storage and a back up electricity supply as both are essential.

Appreciate the info,and very refreshing to get a detailed response,Have  a good day.

Would check the costs of shipping out to buying in Accra. There are so many good furniture outlets around I personally would never dream of shipping furniture halfway round the world. Will get damaged on the way and there are also good furniture makers in Ghana and Nigeria .

Hello there,

Welcome to Expat-Blogs both of you ,thamill and ronnyronny.........

Regards,
Anil

He who findnet a wife findnet a good thing and obtain a favors from the lord?

salams Thamill, are you in Ghana?