5 year visa?

tourist visa Vs Business Visa? can you change the visa type?

what is the cost for a 3 months visa/do it yourself cost? anyone knows?

What do you hold currently ? 3 months should be 200plus usd . I got my 2 years resident permit cancelled and was held up at the airport . Immigration chopped a one month only on my passport and my blue colour rectangular card was confiscated.
Now I was told that i m able to apply fir a 3 months 'work permit' , not sure bout that .
Anyone with similar situation or with knowledge pls share .

•A tourist visa is available for one month as a single-entry or multiple-entry visa. The maximum duration of the visa is 30 days.
•Business visas are a little trickier. Applicants need to get an official entry clearance from their sponsor, usually their employer. This visa allows for multiple entries and a stay of up to  one year. If you do not have a business partner, employer, or other sponsor who can provide you with an entry clearance, you can also apply for a business visa for a stay of up to 90 days.

Things are getting really 'legal' anymore.  The cost for a 1 month in Cambodia was about $32.00 and a 3 month in HCMC was  $115.00 for a B3 depending on what agent you go to (2 to 5 days)...if it is a B3...you better have a contract from a business...if ever questioned by immigration.

Good luck to both

I got a 3 month business visa for my 14 year old son a few months ago with no issues. Did the visa on arrival for it and had no problems at all.

Isn't the 5 years Visa only for Viet Kieus or foreigners who are married to Vietnamese?

You are correct about being 'married' or having 'dependent' children who are Vietnamese.  The five year is one that is 'good for 90 days' at a streatch.  At which time you have to retain another stamp from Immigration and pay $10.00.  I've done all the previous requirements from visiting to working and doing the visas, work permits and temp. residence cards (TRC).  If you are not 'emloyed' by the company that is the 'sponsor' on the TRC, you do not have the right to retain such card.  You have to be working for the company to use the TRC and a copy of the work permit can prove such.
You can also retain 'permission' to live in Vietnam which is on a case by case basis from what I have heard.  This will also give you either a residence card or an extended Visa.  This is for those who desire to simply 'retire' in Vietnam...I'll be looking into such before long from the department that issues the marriage documents.  I was told I would be able to 'retain' such from their office.
The 'visa on arrival' if flying in is perhaps the best way to do the entry.  You go to the window, show Id and your letter and pay the fee and it's done. Depending on the immigration agent and how they read their laws is dependent upon how things are controled over here.  Retaining a 3 month 'B3' Business is often possible for extended stays.  I've never had a problem with a 'B3' visa.

Thanks Anth for the answer.

Then I'm good to go with my 5 year exception but still bothering me to leave the country every 3 months (though I like short trips to Singapore and Cambodia) or let an agency do it ...

You don't have to leave the country with that 5yr visa...just go to the nearest immigration office within the 90 days and pay them $10.00 to stamp your passport.  You do not have to exit the country to remain legal. 
You can travel in and out of the country with no problem...anytime.  If you stay in Vietnam it will only cost you the $10.00 for a stamp every 90 days or less.  An agent will cost you two or three time that for a fee.

missmae wrote:

Thanks Anth for the answer.

Then I'm good to go with my 5 year exception but still bothering me to leave the country every 3 months (though I like short trips to Singapore and Cambodia) or let an agency do it ...

If you've got a 5 year VEC in your passport there is no need to do a border run every 3 months. Just do the requirements on the ĐƠN ĐỀ NGHỊ CẤP, BỔ SUNG, SỬA ĐỔI THỊ THỰC, GIA HẠN TẠM TRÚ doc and take it to immigration there in Saigon. Cost $10 bucks and takes about 7 days.

I walk in, place my passport on the counter with 210,000 VND and the agent stamps my passport...all of 5 minutes and leave with my passport...why the number of days?

Anthony64 wrote:

I walk in, place my passport on the counter with 210,000 VND and the agent stamps my passport...all of 5 minutes and leave with my passport...why the number of days?

You get it done in Saigon or Da Nang?

ah thanks i should let my mates know as well since we always plan out trips ahead. he likes to jump on his bike to go to cambodia:)

Anthony64 wrote:

You don't have to leave the country with that 5yr visa...just go to the nearest immigration office within the 90 days and pay them $10.00 to stamp your passport.  You do not have to exit the country to remain legal. 
You can travel in and out of the country with no problem...anytime.  If you stay in Vietnam it will only cost you the $10.00 for a stamp every 90 days or less.  An agent will cost you two or three time that for a fee.

Everything you report is accurate. You will also need to leave your passport with them for one week and then go back to pick it up, pay the 10 bucks and pass go.

Amazing!  In DaNang, I came back just after lunch the same day for a 3 month visa because I arrived at 10:15 AM.  Went upstairs and picked it up just as they were stamping it. 
As to the 5 yr., have not had to wait at all for a 'stamp'...no one in line and he speaks English well.  And if you cross the border, just count the 90 days from the re-entry date to stay legal.  It is sort of like keeping in mind when your bike insurance is to expire...
Budman...That was in DaNang...they have two places you can go here...I like the second...much less hassle and no waiting.

Thanks everyone for all of your advices  :up:

I give you the Vietnam Visa Fee 2014

Kind of Visa                                             Normal service (Rate/pax)                Stamping fee / pax
Visa on arrival - 1 month single entry            20 usd                                                 45 usd
Visa on arrival - 1 month multiple entry           30 usd                                               65 usd
Visa on arrival - 3 month single entry           40 usd                                               45 usd
Visa on arrival - 3 month multiple entry           45 usd                                               95 usd

If you need any information abt VN, you can contact with me by skype: ntlinh161 , i will help you, hope for your best choose

When does one have to start doing these 'border runs'? I haven't had to yet but keep hearing about it and wondering when it's my time.  :huh:

You can extend your visa 2 times. After that you should move from the country or take a border run and get visa from there then come back.  :)  Sometimes they instruct you just take the border run and stamp visa here before visa expire. I did this one time. Don't know it's possible now or not.

milkybunnyHCM wrote:

When does one have to start doing these 'border runs'? I haven't had to yet but keep hearing about it and wondering when it's my time.  :huh: