How can Vietkieu live in Vietnam legally??

Hey.
Just a quick question about the immigrations in vietnam. I'm Vietkieu I have a tourist visa now. I was wondering if there's a way to do "Thu tuc Hoi Huong" in Vietnam while i'm there. I was born in Vietnam but currently a US citizen, I have family there. I have an expired Vietnamese passport, birth certificate.  I'm planing to just stay there on my tourist visa while applying for Thu tuc hoi huong without coming back to the US. Is that even possible?

Thanks

It's ok. Don't worry. It's easy for u to comeback. The only difficult thing is Việt Nam government will check ur luxury luggage ie car... Cause u won't be charged the tax as Vietnamese.

Have u ever ask any lawer here? Cause lawer can serve u for this.

check this out viet imigration  : http://vnimm.gov.vn/nimppPW/appmanager/vnimm/home       this might help

disvi3tboi wrote:

Hey.
Just a quick question about the immigrations in vietnam. I'm Vietkieu I have a tourist visa now. I was wondering if there's a way to do "Thu tuc Hoi Huong" in Vietnam while i'm there. I was born in Vietnam but currently a US citizen, I have family there. I have an expired Vietnamese passport, birth certificate.  I'm planing to just stay there on my tourist visa while applying for Thu tuc hoi huong without coming back to the US. Is that even possible?

Thanks

Yes, as long as your visa is still not expired.

Congratulation, you come back Vietnam. If you wanna get back your original Vietnamese, you have to demonstrate you are original Vietnamese to the govement. To do it, you must have your Vietnamese birth cerfiticate or local relatives. And you have both, so you just tell the govement, they will help you.

Good luck.
Ricky