English speaking summer work

Hey, I'm finishing an English degree in London at the moment, and my plans are to be in Beijing by 2015 - My folks will be living in Brussels by this coming Summer.

I am a British citizen and my Flemish is non-existent, my French is pretty poor, though ashamedly I already lived in Brussels 5 years - I'm sure given some effort it would improve quickly --

I was wondering - what temp work do you think I could get while living in Brussels? I need to pay off some bills and work up some savings for setting up in China - I was envisaging bar work in an Irish bar like O'Reilleys, but I really have no idea, (I have some experience in the catering/barwork industry) can anybody help with an idea of what I could do with only English?

Thanks in advance for any advice any one might be able to extend ! :)

Hi JAmarde,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I suggest you browse through the Jobs in Brussels section and drop your resume in the work sector that you feel more comfortable doing please :)

Best of luck to you with everything !

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Thanks, I'll pop something in the catering section -

It was also just the question - 'is it possible to get that sort of service work with only English?'

I guess the answer might correctly just be try it and see! :P
But I wanted to know whether anyone knew of similar situations - what my chances were really of being able to get unskilled summer work with just English.