Moving to Dalian this summer, looking for E-Cigs

First, thank you already for the information you have posted about living in Dalian.

I am a recovering smoker and am looking for electronic cigarette products (devices, e-juice).  Do you know of any places in town that sell such items?  100% of what I buy here in the US is made in China.

Thanks,

Ben

Hi Ben,

I have actually looked for these kinds of products in Dalian but unfortunately I was unable to find any. I went to Thailand to buy mine  :lol:

I'm actually running out so if anyone can find any, I, like Ben would much appreciate it!

Thanks!

Thanks for the post.  When you say you buy from Thailand, do you mean just the equipment, or even the E-Juices?  Do they ship to Dalian? That has got to be a very expensive habit.

Regards,

Ben

Hi, Ben,

It's Joseph, a local Dalianese. I don't smoke so I don't know much about that. I think you can find those electrical cigs in any large shopping centers in Dalian, such as New-Mart or Rooservelt Center, maybe you can look for it at the counter who sells the cigrettes. Or you may ask a local friends to help you to buy it on the Internet. That's the last but effective way to solve your problem.

Hope you enjoy your stay in Dalian.

Jsoeph

You can be secure in the knowledge that you can basically get anything you need in Dalian, if you cant find them in mortar and block shop, you can turn to Taobao--Chinese equivalent of ebay. I have already checked for you guys there are many choices open for you. Shopping online is not only a fad prevailing in China, it is also becoming a habit of young people.
By the way, I am a Dalian local student--having spent 6 years in Dalian University of Technology--and decide to go further.
Any help about How-to and Where-to information, you can feel free to ask.

Devon.

Hi Ben,

I actually went to Thailand on holiday and bought a lot of the Juices back with me. I bought the equipment and Juices in Thailand.
The previous posters are right, maybe in the big supermarkets, I'll have a look next time I am shopping and let you know.

As for the last post, Taobao is fantastic for almost anything, but honestly I wouldn't buy anything from there that I would put in my mouth. You can't guarantee the authenticity of products from taobao and buying E-cig Juices from there that you inhale would not be a good idea.

Becky

Now I know I'm really out of touch.  What on earth is an e-cigarette?

It's an elcetrical device, filled with juice, looks like a cigarette and you can inhale it just like you're smoking a real cigarette, but less harmful.  It's good for those addicts.

Thank you all for the replies.  It has been very helpful.

Modern technology is amazing.  And more than a little strange.