Exchange to Working Visa

Hi! I am new here, you guys can call me LEX. I am from Philippines. I want to explore any idea if I acquired before an Exchange Visa (Multiple entry visa) but already expired, will it be possible or easier for me to be given a working visa? How could anyone here in PH get a job offer (which they say needed) as a proof that I am invited for me that I won a job there? I highly appreciate your thoughts.

Thank you so much!

Hi Lex,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I think that you may find some interesting information if you can go through the articles in the Visas for in the USA section.

Thank you and have a nice day,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Thank you Ms Priscilla! :)

What type of visa did you have before? Letter followed by number (i.e. J1 or F1)

When did it expire?
Where are you living now?
What type of work do you do?
Do you plan on immigrating or just working in the US?
How many times have you been to the US and what was longest stay you have?
Have you ever been deported or overstayed your visa?

Sounds like an interview, but let me know and I can help you further. Feel free to PM me if you would rather take this off the public domain.

That's too many questions.  People come here looking for something for nothing.  Answering questions takes a little effort.

Hi usmc_mv,

I think those questions are more than s consulate interview lol but it was fine though :)

I had a J1 visa wayback 2010, expired on 20JUN2010. That was valid only for almost 4months and used it once, didnt overstayed also. I was also given my SS no. and I was told that this is for lifetime use. Somebody told me that if I'll get another visa to go to US, it'll be more easier if within 5yrs after the previous visa expired. But for now, I don't know how, nonetheless if I will have a direct employer or unfortunately seek for a help from recruitment agency (which will cost alot).

I am now here in the Philippines and into a travel company for more than 1 yr and a half now doing sales coordinator to sub affiliates. What makes me feel to pursue my career in the US are my experience acquired on my exchange program I joined and it served me well. If there will be an opportunity to stay there for immigrant, why not. This is not only for myself but also to my family.

I hope I answered your questions :) I appreciate your thoughts on this. Thank you! :)

Hi Ms Hailey,

It's fine answering those but it was literally alot of items, i hoped that Mr also given me choices of answers lol

I'am checking this site not regular because of my schedule, Lucky that I have enough time now :)