Favorite Restaurants in the USA

I am interested in hearing our expats opinions on their personal favorite restaurants in the USA and its territories. It does not have to be a chain it can be a local restaurant, just identify its location.

I will start with my favorite -

Cheesecake Factory (national) - free bread, 30 page menu, great food - have eaten their about 50x only have cheesecake 10% of the time.

Portillos (Chicago) - best hot dogs on earth.

Lou Malnati's (Chicago) - best pizza on earth.. buttercrust

Matt's Bar, Minneapolis, MN.  Home of the Jucy Lucy.
Cranberry Café, New York, NY.  Great sandwiches.
Hell's Kitchen, Minneapolis, MN.  Homemade everything.
French Meadow, Minneapolis, MN.  Fresh bread and all kinds of organic food.
Gazala Place, New York, NY.  Tiny hole in the wall Israeli restaurant.
Ess-a Bagel, New York, NY.  The best bagels in the world?  Maybe.
Victor's 1959, Minneapolis, MN.  Very small but very good Cuban restaurant.
Broadway Pizza, Minneapolis, MN.  The one with the caboose out front.
2nd Ave. Deli, New York, NY.  The best coleslaw in the world, but not actually on 2nd Ave.
Parker's Lighthouse, Long Beach, CA.  Near the Queen Mary.
Tito's, Culver City, CA.  The best taco stand north of Mexico.  It's more like a shack then a restaurant, but the Mexican food is excellent.  Much better than the other taco stand down the block.
Valentino's Pizza, Long Beach, CA.  You can't even go in and sit down, but they have the best slices west of New York.
Canter's Deli, Los Angeles, CA.  A million times better than Carnegie Deli in New York.

Good afternoon folks,

Can anyone recommend a nice place to eat in Portland, Oregon? I'm visiting family in June and would like to treat them to a nice meal. Nothing too flamboyant, I'm not talking lobster thermidor with a side of beluga caviar .........just tasty food to suit from 13yr - 80yr.

Thank you. X

Chuckle_butty I would ask them where they would like to go. I know my family when not with our little ones loves to go to wine country and eat in restaurants there. I believe Joel Palmer house is still there & if you love mushrooms this is where to go.

Downtown Portland has soooo many different restaurants that are very diverse and many use local ingredients.

Unfortunately even though I was born and raised there I don't get back very often so I have no clue what the top restaurants are & we end up at kid friendly restaurants as if we are all together we have kids that range in age from 13-1 year including one child with down syndrome so more often then not we eat in.

Though if you want to really experience Portland's food hit up the food trucks (huge variety & very welcomed in downtown Portland) and Voo Doo donuts.

Guardino's - Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco

The Captain Whidbey Inn, Whidbey Island - WA

Shilo Restaurant - Newport - OR

Anyplace that has good seafood is fine by me.

I forgot to mention McDonald's.  If you want to lose some weight, it's a great place.

A couple Big Macs and you should be vomiting for hours.

Well Hailey, I don't have to worry about Mickey D's here in Brazil. The prices are so high you've got to take out a mortgage at a major bank to take the kids out for burgers there. Just way out of my league thanks.

xxx ooo
JJ

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

I forgot to mention McDonald's.  If you want to lose some weight, it's a great place.

A couple Big Macs and you should be vomiting for hours.

Sounds like an eating disorder.

Mcdonalds in the Philippines appears like mushrooms. Lol I remember my favorite chinese restaurants in Albrightsville, PA. I forgot the name but seafoods really tastes freshly catched and good. Also near the Stroud Mall in Stroudsburg, PA :)

LesterCastle wrote:

I remember my favorite chinese restaurants in Albrightsville, PA. I forgot the name but seafoods really tastes freshly catched and good.

Do you mean the China Pearl?

Thats it :)
Chinese receptionist is also look cute :))

LesterCastle wrote:

Thats it :)
Chinese receptionist is also look cute :))

They all do

Thank you all for your help. X

wjwoodward wrote:

Well Hailey, I don't have to worry about Mickey D's here in Brazil. The prices are so high you've got to take out a mortgage at a major bank to take the kids out for burgers there. Just way out of my league thanks.

xxx ooo
JJ

McDonald's is a fancy night out around here.  I'll never get used to that.

chuckle_butty wrote:

Thank you all for your help. X

You're welcome.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

McDonald's is a fancy night out around here.  I'll never get used to that.

I ate well in Hong Kong, never went to any such chain places.

Yet millions of people do every day.

National - has to be chipotle.

Boston: Haru Sushi at Prudential Center

Cambridge: Moksa for the fusion Asian food