Teaching job in Norway

I am considering shifting to Norway , is there enough opportunity for teachers in English language.

Teaching in the school system would require you to get your pedagogic education recognized or complete PPU here in Norway. There are not so many English teacher jobs, at least full time, as teachers in Norway are supposed to teach several topics.

And it is not enough to know just English to get a job as an English teacher. You will also need to be able to speak Norwegian (at least in public schools)

Hi,

I don't know if you were still thinking about teaching in Norway but try all the international schools. There are a couple in Oslo, Trondheim, Stavanger and Bergen. They all teach in English and you don't require a PPU qualification. I spent two years working as a teaching assistant at one of the international schools in Norway. As a teacher they pay better and holidays are actually holidays rather than spending your breaks marking and preparing!! Much better way of life for a teacher :)

Hi superjente. I'm so interested in teaching english in Trondheim. I'm a teacher by profession but not an english teacher (a computer teacher rather), though I prefer to teach english. I'm thinking elementary levels. I have to get my school records evaluated here yet. Can u tell me how to do that? Looking forward to hear from you. Thanks.

Nokut is the place for that:
http://www.nokut.no/Utdanning-fra-utlandet/