New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourself here

Hi Jamielee9,
we are in the same situation. I just arrived in Pattaya from Brazil, I don't know anyone here and I'd like make new friends.
Welcome!!!

My name is Brian

My wife and I are hoping to retire to Phuket Thailand in January 2015.

We are both going to stay on retirement visas, we have visited for a month each year for the last 12 years and have found Thailand to be a wonderful place ideal for slowing the pace of life.

If anybody can give us any advice it would be much appreciated

Brian

Hi

I'm Marion, french woman arrived in Thailand a month ago for a new job. I have been living in Western Africa during 5 years, and before coming Thailand, I was living in Vietnam. I'm interested in meeting people of many nationalities and share good moments around music. My email [email protected]

see u !

Hi All,
My name is Yureipam shadang currently living in India pursuing master's of Philosophy in social medicine and community health. I would like to move in to Thailand in the nearer future as my career place and would like to work in non-profit organization or any other organization. My area of specialization is Public Health, Social Medicine, preventive medicine and other related fields.
thank you

hi mariom,im an african from uganda whio is coming to bankok soon for study,i think we can be really good friends.

Yes for sure  :)
I was also living in Eastern Africa for a short period, in Rwanda.

Marion

Hello All!

My husband and I are in our 40's and hope to visit Chiang Mai this July to do a recce and see if its a city we want to look into further as a retirement option.

We are Canadian, and will be eligible to retire in 13 years.

I would love to correspond with other 45+ year olds expats who live or wish to live in Chaing Mai.

I can be reached by emailing my user name (see my user name here) at hotmail dot com.

Hi I am Sam & I am looking to moving to thailand (phuket) to start a business & need some advice on the matter

Hi I am sam & i am looking to moving to thailand (phuket) to start a business & need some advice on the matter if possible

Hi Dear,
I am from Bangladesh and like to meet new people from home & abroad. I want to make good friendship with you. I like to study abroad, and i need scholarship for the study. On the other hand i need a friend forever & a opportunity to get job in foreign country.

Dear friend,
Are you going there for tours & travel or want to do job there?
I like to go Thailand.
I was going there before & i enjoy my last trip to Thailand. Now I want to stay Thailand for get Job or study with full scholarship.
Can you help me for that???

Hi! I'm new here. My name is Bong. I'm planning to go back there in Bangkok to seek employment or even to live there permanently. I wanted to get to know new friends here as well. I hope someone can extend any help about my plans of going back there in Bangkok in search for a new job.

Hi everyone,
I have just moved here from Hong Kong with my daughter so she can attend a new dyslexic program at the Berkeley international school in Bangna. My wife and other daughter are still in HK for a few more months was hoping to meet a few people for drinks and a chat.

Hi...
       I'm planning on moving to Thailand in or around July of 2015. So far, I'm thinking about Chiang Mai, but I'm open to suggestions. My name is Bob and I'm a 58 year old retired police sergeant from Philadelphia.

My main reason for moving is financial, but I also look forward to the adventure. I have a decent pension and savings, are there other places that come highly recommended?

Hi Bob,

I retired here last summer after living the last six years in China. We chose Chiangmai as a place to settle for now after looking around at other areas and really enjoy it so far. It is probably best for you to choose a spot to start and then look around once you are here. Everybody likes different things and there are many locations to choose from. Apart from Chiangmai, we really enjoy Hua Hin and Koh Lanta. You can check out our adventures on my website.

By the way, I'll be visiting Chiang Mai in September for about 3 weeks. I want to have a good look around

Thanks for the tip CC...Maybe I'll run into you in September. I'll buy you a drink

Hello!

I am brand new to the forum! My boyfriend, a friend, and myself are planning a move to Chiang Mai in August '14! We are all in our mid 20's. We plan to secure jobs teaching English and work on various online projects as well. Looking forward to exploring the forum and learning from others!

Hi shaifudeen
you should make an entairnship; it s good way to make studies and find a job, and here there are a lot of universities

Marion

Hi all,

I have just moved from Slovenia to Bangkok, new to place, looking for new friends here.

City is awesome, looking for people with similar interest to hang out.

See you soon people.
Robert

Hey guys! Our names are Rachel and Sherri and we have just arrived in Phuket to make it our new homes! Two South African friends travelling light (well at least that was the plan!), we are actually looking for a place to stay in Phuket. We are both going to be English teachers here and are very excited to begin!

We don't mind sharing a room to save costs, we are basically looking for a warm, happy house/flat-share situation with people who also love good food, gardens and reasonably-reliable WIFI :) Please contact me on [email protected] if you hear of anything at all. Many thanks! Rachel and Sherri

Hey... I moved to phuket a couple weeks ago.. Unfortunately I can't help u with accommodation as I am an au pair and live in. But it is apparently  easy to organise good affordable places to stay.

I am however looking for people to hang out with... perhaps that sounds a little desperate but it seems slightly harder to meet people as an au pair.

Also from SA. Phuket is different but really cool at the same time.

Email: [email protected]

:) happy travels

Hey Rachel ,
Welcome to Phuket.  I have also arrived in Phuket about a week back and taken over a hotel in Patong beach. There are lots of accommodation available in Phuket...which are fo you prefer. I believe you'll would like to be near your school.  Which school will you be teaching?
Meanwhile if could be of any help let me know....I have a hotel on the patong beach and can offer you special rate till you find something for your long stay.

Cheers,
Rahul

Hey I'm 24 female moving over for a year this may. I just got offered a job in nakhon so Thammarat but doesn't seem like I can find much people there from these forums :-(
I'm going over alone and looking for a house share. I hope I'm not going to a deserted place?! I'm 1.50mins from surat thani so anyone living there let me know cause I'm sure I'll be there alottt... Most weekends by looks of it ha!

Hi guys

Nice to meet u.

Cheers

Vivian :)

Sawadee kap

Have a nice trip

Good luck guys. Enjoy every moment!!! Ek is skoon jaloers op julle!!

Hi I'm Anne 24 from Manila, I will visit Bangkok this year :-) hope to have friends in Thailand :)

Hi Everybody,
I am John from India working here in Bangkok 8 Years...
Hope i will get many friends here...
Thanks

Hi,

You can include me in your list,

Capt REZA

Thank you for your greeting.  As an expat here in Thailand for over 15 years I am sure I have some experiences that might be of help to new arrivals.  I, however choose to have a private life in the far north and am not necessarily a social individual...but if I can help some how, please let me know.  Thank You, michael richie

:) hi all my name is Steve, I am booked on a flight to Pattaya on 30th april for a month
my intention is to look for a cheap condo to buy in or around Pattaya. I was in Bangkok
a month ago and took a day trip to Pattaya but one day was not long enough to get a
feel for the place, so I have to have a month to feel my way about and meet some expats.

Hi just moved to Thailand husband retires in 1 month.
Nice to know there's a blog.

Hey all, name Kevin. Born in Bangkok. Can speak fluent English and Thai.

Hi Everybody,
I've been living in Bangkok since 5 years now, I'm a mother of 2! Looking to make good friends with other expats living longterm in BKK
I can help other woman who want to move or just moved in n need advices...

Cheers,
Talar

thank you, im Bill Ray and want to live in Thailand,Phuket. have lived in costa Rica for 6 years. need to know about medical cost,meds cost. rental cost range for 1 male.anything that would help I would be happy to get. Bill

I'm Wendell. I'm Filipino and I'm 24 years old. I'm an English teacher in a secondary school in Kalasin Province. If you would like to come over, you're very welcome in my flat.

Hi All

I've recently moved to BKk and would love to make new friends. Being alone in a big city is the worst. Pop me a message and we can chat

Hi!

I am Thai and live in Thailand. I need to have friends and join expat activities.
Should you have any news or information joining the community, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Closed