New members of the Turkey forum, introduce yourself here

Hey guys, Laila here. Just moved to Istanbul this week. :) 5 days here and I'm already feeling helpless due to the inability to speak the local language. Going to hunker down this weekend and learn as much of the basics as I can.

[moderated: pls post your advert in the housing section]

Hi Laila, do you have any particular questions in mind?

Im atilla, 32 years old, I m orignially from turkey. I live on asian side of istanbul on my own. I work for a tecnology company as an industrial engineer.
I consider mysef well educated, friendly, intellectual
ı enjoy developing new friendships with  people from different countries...
if you think like mine dont hesitate to say hello to me..

DEAR BROTHER ,

I AM NOW IN ISTANBUL, MBA IN MRKETING, PROFICIENT IN COMPUTER, FLUENT IN ENGLISH, IELTS 7, NEED ANY GOOD JOB IMMEDIATELY.

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME.

BYE,

MAHMUD

hi all
It is Omer Can from Turkey
After some years being expat in different countries I am finally at home, Istanbul
So have passed years within  expat communities
Just looking for a new international community especially eng and spanish speakers in istanbul

Hello Everyone and All

i am Hussien , originally from Egypt
But was living in Denmark and just moved to turkey in order to live here for a while
I picked up  ALANYA as a pretty nice city to live in
If anybody here living around i would like to meet soon
Just moved 3 days ago

Hello Husseyın,I live in Alanya,if u are one day around alanya,u can visit me,
Metin
(Moderated: no free ad pls)

Hello
My name is yasir ali
I am from Iraq and I live now in turkey
I looking for work
I'm a civil engineer
I am 26 years old
I m married and we are waiting our first baby
I need to work
I hope u can help me and not ignoring my asking

Best regards
Yadir ali
[email protected]
0534 210 7265

hello..m aisha...currently living in pakistan...want to move turkey for job, m doing mba finance...

I'm now in turkey
In duzce
Looking to find a work in duzce or another city

Hello everyone,

For those who are looking for work, please post an advert in the jobs in Turkey section.

Let's keep this topic for "New members of the Turkey forum, introduce yourself here".

Thank you.
Christine

Hi there,

My name is Fernando Santos. I am from Portugal and I have the goal to live in Turkey. I have been one week in Turkey and I simply loved it. Looking foward to find an opportunity!

[Moderated: pls post resume in the jobs section]

welcome brother,

how you enjoy Istanbul?

Hello everyone! I am Aaminah from Pakistan. And im planning to come to Istanbul by start of January and enroll in Kadir Has university for masters in international relations. I hope i settle well soon and get a job there after study.

Dear sir

much appreciated for your responsed.

Iam from kabul Afghanistan just by 12 August 2014 is my flight to stanbul.

Just iam coming with family to see turkey I want to be with vocation time in stanbul.

Me and my wife and two kids.

[moderated: post an advert in the Flats for rent in Turkey section please]

Many thanks

Hello everyone,

I'm Cédric french lad from Paris. I'm moving from Paris to Istanbul very soon in order to work there during one month in the logistic area for my company.

But my contract will end after this month. And I'd like to stay there working in this beautifull city.

I'm graduated in International Marketing. I've been working in the communication and marketing area in Portugal, Spain, Italy, France, Vietnam and Brasil.

I'm also a start-up entrepreneur. But as a young person I'd like to make some money beside. I'm a hardworking and honnest boy. And i'm asking your help because I wana find something. If you have any tips or opportunities, hit me up.

And because it's also a social place. I'd like to ask you, where can I meet new people over there? Where can I play football? Where can I find a flat, or BnBs for the first days? If you can help me with one of those or if you just wanna talk, hit me up.

Thanks for your time :))

Merhaba! Are you working? Was it easy to find an jobopportunity?

Hello all wanderers/ explorers/ adventurers,

My name is Lola and I will be moving to Turkey, Istanbul in about 10 days! Am incredibly excited! Will be living in between Kadikoy and Maltepe.

Just a little bit of information about me, I am originally from Singapore but have lived and worked in South Africa, Cambodia and soon, Istanbul. I love travelling, scuba diving, camping and being in touch with nature. My profession is a Preschool Teacher but I am also a safari field guide, wildlife enthusiast. I do not drink nor smoke, preferring to have a good night out with friends instead of getting smashed, I spend a lot of my weekends painting, DIY-ing, typographing, travelling to nearby provincial towns, playing my ukulele, having long nature walks along the beach and devouring delicious brunches with my friends. Also love discovering new places or cool cafes where I can just hang.

If you have any tips or lovely places to point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it! Also, am always open to lovely nice human beings who like what I like to hang and travel together maybe.

Many thanks,
Lola

(Moderated: no copy/paste on the forum pls)

Hi all,
I have just moved to Bursa, Turkey. I have plans of teaching English in here since I have been a university English teacher in my country, Syria. Anyways I still don't know where to start exactly. P. S. I have learned some Turkish, in order to survive you know.
Regards
Mkurdi

Hiiii my name is Olive am from Cameroun but now living in Istanbul Turkey for more then one year now it is so nice and lovely to be in turkey and am happy to be an expat on babysitter work or home keeper am seeking for work and i will be Happy to get one here CALL +905394059421 thank you,,,?

Hi all,

Anyone living in ege region, more spesific in Izmir ??

if yes...
please contact me
B

@ karos > As you are a new member, it would be nice if you can introduce yourself here. Your introduction may help the other members willing to get in touch with you. :)

Thanks

Priscilla

My name is Bara,  born and raised in Jordan.
a year ago I moved to turkey. Established my own business..
I travel alot on the bike around the countryside..

anyone free at evening time, he is welcome to join
cheers

Hello everybody.
I'm Jalillah. I was born in the North Caucasus but I love Turkey since my first visit. I decided to live in this beautiful country. Currently I'm searching job in Turkey.

I'm a master of manicure, pedicure, aesthetic cosmetology and massagist.

Also I work as an English-Russian/Russian-English interpreter, writer and blogger. At this moment I'm developing my own site.

I fond of gardening, sewing, knitting and cooking.

I would be happy to meet good people and get wise advices.
Thank you for your time,
Jalillah

I'm from syria. Moved to Jordan 2 years ago and to turkey 2 months ago to start university. I would love to make some friends.

Hi,everyone!
My name is Arzu. I am from Baku(Azerbaijan).Now living in Aydin .
Best regards

I'm from syria. Moved to Jordan 2 years ago and to turkey 2 months ago to start university. I would love to make some friends.

Hey everyone....

I'm the "Junk Removal Guy" living in Antalya / Turkey currently and lived at 8 different countries prior to settling in Antalya... until second notice!!! I don't think or plan about when, I should or want to leave. I decide in 15 seconds, Get up and go to the airport.... done.

Like I said I currently reside in, Kepez region of Antalya and have a Junk Removal Business which I have been doing for the past 15 year alkl ove rthe world.., which hasn't made me a billionaire ( Yet.... ) but keeps me happy and independent....

anyway.... I can write for hours but I don't think most people neither have the time or the patience to read until the end...

So if you want to; Say "Hi", ask something or meet-up for a coffee, drop me a line and introduce yourself.

Take Care all

hello how are you doing

Hi,
I speak English but Im not a native speaker and I would love to meet you

hi,  i am Sayf from Tunisia. i am in istanbul since 2007..i am petroleum engineer and freelance translator

Hey Selen...

I was browsing the Introductions, saw your introduction, and particularly got a bit surprised about the part "If u are troubling to find new friends in here.......".

I most certainly have been witnesed to some situations that, people who find it difficult to find friend tend to be trouble themselves ( except, there is a minority who find it difficult to socialize because of their psychological mis-structuring), I'm sensing you must be very much confident with your people skills.....

No disrespect....

Does anyone know that which university is better,Kadir Has or Istanbul Kultur University??

Hi I am new to the forum.  We are moving to Turkey April 2015 and need information on getting a residents visa

Hi , ı thınk its easy for the foreıgners. If if you buy a house or etc in here, it gonna be easıer.:)

hey, my name is Hakan, working as export mang. for one of the biggest food factory,  anybody would like to share their knowledge about business are welcome.Also we meet with our english class every weekend at taksim. Any decant expat, speaking English, could come and join us and become a friend of ours. To be a decant person is the only obligation as our girlsfriends also join our meetings.

hi
we have lived in turkey for 7 years now this april
rules changed on residency permits prior to april you could apply for up to 5 years depending on whether you owned or rented property and how long was on your passport
the new rules are they will only give 1 year regardless (there is talk about unlimited once you've had unbroken residency for 8 years but that hasn't materialised yet)
you also need to have health insurance or join sgk
you have to have 550$ per person funds (i would check this out

there are some very good forums on facebook Fethiye area Ex pat Zone is a good one which gives good honest advice also antalyacentral.com/ and insideguidetoturkey.com/
these rules change all the time but they are correct at the moment
if you join the forums and search for your question or post a question you will get good honest answers from them
good luck with your move

Closed