The other side of the Tanzanian postcard

Hi,

As a tourist in a foreign country, very often, we are enchanted with what we discover.

Living abroad is different. It's a rich experience but there are also some difficulties to face.

When people ask me for advice on living abroad, I then tend to say that one should also look at both sides of the postcard.

As an expat in Tanzania, how would you describe the two sides of your Tanzanian postcard?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Julien

Hi
I wont describe one side of card which is more or less is known for Tanzania beautiful beaches safaris easy going life like holidays. ..
Its been challenge for me to settle down here though I belong to privileged category of expats , living in best area of Dar es and having best living conditions. .
The main and biggest concern is Security, woman here  is not safe and white person here like a target. Despite high security full time at home we have been robbed twice while being home sleeping. Going out evenings not safe allways need to be watchfull for thieves. Police is so corrupted here..they do least or nothing to secure important areas of country where mostly by foreigners visited.everyone has to secure own place car and body . I.dont feel free to go out and enjoy time.its nice country but  sad that security and traffic gets worse every day.in addition to all life is expensive here even for.basic.neeeds...well this is Africa....never know what to expect ...

Hi Thanks for the Message.

how you doing...i am happy with the Expat.com.

regarding query  you raised? is valid one. both sides of the post card should be described..

1. Basically i am from India, i can feel comfortable here as i can see thouands of Indians in Tanzania.
2. i can see many people can speak Indian laguage, similer food habits and traditiosn as well [temple's]
3. i like beaches, in tanzania we have so many...its a best place to hangout..:)
4. very good Natural food available here. like ORGANIC food like fruits and vegitables [organic food: productiion without artificial fetilizers].

Other side:
1. sometimes night life was not safe.
2. people should avoid lonely streets[where people are not there in the streets, we should avoid to pass by]
3. Fake police guys
4. mugging
5. too expensive of medical services.

so, overall TZ life was good. people can enjoy the place.

BR,
Giridhar S.