The other side of the Argentine postcard

Hi,

As a tourist in a foreign country, very often, we are enchanted with what we discover.

Living abroad is different. It's a rich experience but there are also some difficulties to face.

When people ask me for advice on living abroad, I then tend to say that one should also look at both sides of the postcard.

As an expat in Argentina, how would you describe the two sides of your Argentine postcard?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Julien

I agree with you!  I get so fed up with naive American tourists that never step foot out of the "postcard" Buenos Aires to glance at the other side.

[url=https://www.google.com.ar/search?q=argentina+site%3Aguardianlv.com&oq=argentina+site%3Aguardia I've written about the REAL Buenos Aires/Argentina

Jerry Nelson
JourneyAmerica.org

When in Rome, do as the Romans do!!!

You travel or live in a new country and want to know your new place  best is to acculturate yourself into the local society.

It is not enough to merely see the landmarks and monuments in a country. To me, a country is its people, their language, their daily affairs

I suggest to all American or any other person of other nationality who decide to go abroad to try something new even if it is slightly uncomfortable- don't always stay in the American/English speaking groups, make friends with your locals. I promise it will make for a deeper and richer connection to the country and will enable you to say that you really traveled or lived there.

Jim Anderson
petsventura.blogspot.com-Living with your pet abroad