Childrens books in English

It came up today as a thought, but the more I started to ponder this, the more concerned I started to get...

Is there availability of books in English in Serbia for little kids? Should I buy and ship over a lot of books just in case? I'm concerned because we're a book heavy family and read constantly and go to the library. It occurred to me that I won't have that luxury of tons of english books at my finger tips for little kids like I do here....

Hello Veverica!
I know you can find some English books in BG (Belgrade) and bigger cities. And  year in BG there have a massive  book fair or Siam that has books in Serbian and in English. Also, I have heard the international schools have book fairs. But this question and other questions may be better answered by a group on facebook. Belgrade Foreign Visitors Club is so helpful. Locals, expats, and people from all over Serbia are on that sight.  I have found help there. People are happy to help each other out!

awesome thanks so much for the advice!  I read your blog all of the time and know you have a little one close to my daughter's age (Which is why I'm such an avid follower!) Do you read exclusively in Serbian to your daughter? I have a few books in Serbian but it's hard for me because they are all in cyrillic. I'm a slow reader when it comes to cyrillic and I think that frustrates my daughter.

I am the same as you, so slow in Serbian Cyrillic! But from what I have read, the native speaker should be speaking their own language with the child. But it doesn't hurt us to try and improve our Srpski! I have both English and Srpski books here. I brought the English ones from home. English books here are expensive, but I haven't shopped for them at the fair or in BG. I have a Kindle fire for me and my little one. It is great for getting apps and games for her in English and even children's books! I use it for books in English. It is Priceless if I ever have the chance to read... (Pretty much never!) ;)

If you could speak Serbian with your little ones with the hubby. And he speaks Serbian with them, they will be golden by the time they are 5. If you want to speak Thai with them as well, they will pick it up too!

I am happy you like my blog. :)

I meant every year ... every year there is a book fair.