New members of the Iraq forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Iraq forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Iraq if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi, I joined New Mushroom Farm in Baghdad 3 months before as a Farm Manager for a short term. The farm is nice & the people are so kind here. For Indians, the big problem is with Food which is non spicy & now I am preparing my own food. I will be going back to India in the end of April since the life here is so lonely & I cannot even travel in Capital city of Baghdad freely mainly because of security reasons. Hope the things may change & if so, I will be happy to visit again for another short term. Hope for the best !!!

Hi, I am just planning to move to Erbil and came here to find out more about this city.

Welcome to Erbil Dr.

Regards
Giri

[Moderated: Avoid copy/paste on the forum.]

i have just moved to Iraq and am wondering are there companys here that allow people to work from home doing data entry etc?

Hi, Which part of Iraq you landed in?

Erbil Sir

Wow! Good Mam, I heard Erbil is good place in Iraq for living. By the way, I am leaving to India soon and hope come back again after vocation.  Also I am hoping to get job in Erbil. Anyway, nice to meet you and be in touch. My social sites are (Moderated: please avoid leaving contact details on the forum)

hi my name is charmaine i am working here in baghdad iraq,before im not happy and scared here but after staying here for 7 months now i already adjust the life style here and i can say i am ok now lol.... :)

welcome to erbil

hello,i want work in erbil,so tell me about it,i stay in india or can you send work visa,please tell me.

I just landed in erbil is there any filipino community in erbil that i can join   thanks

there is a lot of Filipino here where do u work

did you got any info or not yet?

what about here in baghdad?is there any filipino who's working here?

Hi
I just want to tech or translate Enlish language there.
please Guide me.
tx

hi

i am new joining  the forum ,basically from india and working as a chief engineer in star hotel for more than 3 years and i have done  diploma and Btech electrical ,i worked for past in sharjah and Qatar.i am happy to join the forum.

regards
ranjith

Hi I'm Maurice - consultant in Najaf- been here 6 months
Great place, very very safe (safer than East London) but don't come here if you like a drink!
(cause there is none!!)
A shawarma and 7Up on Rawan Street is regarded as a 'wild night out'
The people are generally very friendly and I've had no trouble whatsover (except for the roads being so bumpy!!)
There so much work it's not true......

hi how are you?
Are you Filipina working in Baghdad?
I tried to get Filipino Engineers here in Najaf but POEA a nightmare
Currently I'm looking for housemaid - know anyone??
thanks

yes i am filipina lol...if u want engr..to come here in baghdad try to get someone from dubai..u will having trouble if u will get from phil..same like me i came from dubai before coming here..about the house maid i dont have idea..but my boss have house maid and they are nepal and indonesia i heard they are from agency

thanks for your help Chame - yes getting Filipino Engineers is near impossible unless they ignore POEA and go via Singapore / Dubai etc and pretend that's their destination for vacation, which is costly.
But I'll keep trying as the expertise will be a great help
I don't suppose you can find out what agency your boss used?
(I've also experienced agency difficulties as it seems certain overseas agencies are 'favored' by certain Embassy staff).
regards
M

Hello,

I am living in Erbil from 27 days. I am an interior designer and have a lot of work in this moment so I did not get the chance to look around. I have been living in Paris, France and Milano, Italy for 7 years. Now I am exploring Asia.
I am currently looking to condivide a house / apartment with a girl - or even two. If someone is looking for an apartment - or house, or if someone know someone that offers houses / apartments - please, write me.

Thank you very much!
Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Hello all.
I'am living in Duhok since a month, after having been in Erbil over two years.
I work for an engineering company for a  local Ministry.
I look forward to meet other expats living in Duhok.

Ciao.

i am pakistani
and currently working as project accountant in najaf
from last one year

Hi, I am moving to Dohok in September.  I have joined this blog so that I can learn what to expect when I am there as an American female.  I am excited to learn about the culture and to meet the people.  It is my goal to become as much a part of the culture as I can.  That being said I am thinking about what I should be bringing with me as far as clothes, shoes, and personal items.  Is there anyone else who is living in this part of Kurdistan? I would be interested in talking to other expat women who are living in Kurdistan. 
Thank you for your help,
Christina

Christina,
Sorry, I am a man... and therefore I can't help you much on a women's point of view on the city of Duhok.
I can tell you that the climate is much more pleasant than in Erbil but can be freezing cold in the heart of the winter. A couple of snowfalls per winter are not an exception, so do not forget at least a heavy rain jacket and one pair of heavy waterproof shoes. September will be still hot and dry so your wardrobe shall take in account all seasons and conditions. There is no major items (clothing,shoes, accessories) that you can't find here at the malls or in the bazar in any style and quality. Just remember that your clothing must show little of your skin (unfortunately for us male expats, if I can say so...), even in the hottest days.This at least when you shall be formal, at work or visiting someone. Expats are not so many as in Erbil and there is very few "meeting points", but life can be good in Duhok. A young female colleague who spent several weeks here in the past two years never complained about the place.
Do you already have an accomodation arranged? I may give you a few suggestions based on my experience and that of others.
Please feel free to ask anything more about Duhok (and Kurdistan): in the worst case I will not be able to answer.

Best regards,

Francesco

Hi

I'm new to this forum and have received an offer of employment in Erbil. I have reviewed most of the common questions asked on this forum and appreciate all of the answers and comments provided.

Regards,

To those that responded to my private messages I have sent to you, thanks a lot for your honest and quick responses. It really is appreciated!!

Hi i landend to Erbil ,is there any kenyan i can join plz

[Moderated: No free ad]

welcome hope you will have good time.
I am French but I still need friends
Turbogas

Hi I have just moved to Sulaymaniyah, I am working as an engineer in a mobile operator.

Hi everyone im nhie from philippines..im planning to go to erbil to meet my friend living in erbil..

Welcome to you
I hope you have a good stay

Dear All,
I'm Dineesh "AMIE in Mechanical engineering From The  Institution Of Engineers (India) I'm a Job Seeker & New members of the expat-blog i don't Know how to work & find Employers here in Expat-Blog.

Currently living here in Dhaka Bangladesh, urgently want to move in Iraq, Qatar, or Afghanistan, Someone can help or advice me please.   

Always you can contract with me +8801845916865
or Email: dinkrish34[at]gmail.com

Thanks!!!

:)
I wish every thing is fine in Our dear Kurdestan.

Hugh here.  I'm looking for an ESL volunteering job in Iraq.

Hey everyone, I am Doha an egyptian media and graphic designer, newly living in erbil with my husband since last june and planning to stay here for a couple of years.
My husband and i are still looking for a job. He is dutch/kurdish and he has experience in magazines editing, he speaks fluent dutch,kurdish,turkish and english as for me, i have experience in graphic, media, videography and montage. i also speak fluent arabic, english, french and a bit german.
I would appreciate it if anyone can help us find a job.
oh and does anyone know egyptian or dutch people living in erbil?
Thanks and i wish everyone a safe stay in erbil.

hello
you can send me your CV with your photograph
to my email id   [email protected]

Closed