New members of the Ethiopia forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Ethiopia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Ethiopia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

hi all,,

my name is Sara i am german citizen and by birth ethiopien actualy i live here since i got back form Germany and depending on the topic i would like also to share about many things therefore i will wait your reply thank you.

best regards

welcome Sara,

I am Neal Adams from Seattle, Washington.  This my second trip to Ethiopia.  I was here ten years ago and finally was able to return.  I have been here for two months.  I am volunteering at a new high school in Jemo.  I am also trying to learn as much as I can about the history and cultural of Ethiopia.  Being here is a refreshing experience for an African American who lived the first 21 years of his life in the State of Arkansas.  I look forward to meeting and getting to know people over the next three months.

For now, I need help with a computer problem.  My MacBook Air has frozen up.  The start-up disk appeared to be full and the computer shut down.  I need to identify someone with the training, skills and certification to work on my Macbook.  Please send names of individuals and computer shops that may be able to help me.

Thank you very much!

Welcome Adams to both the forum and Ethio.

I suggest you visit SNAP computers at Bole rd,Alem bldg 1st floor, or individuals visit Kazanchis IT village (but go with local guy, just in case) i can suggest individuals too but 1st exhaust this option as they have better reputations.

good luck

My name is Jennifer and my family lived in Kenya for 6 years (actually our 4 year old son was born there).  I live state-side in Texas but will be making my way back to Ethiopia for the 2nd time this year to work with refugees in the northern part of the country.  We work with unaccompanied minors and their conditions are harsh.

We are wanting to purchase bunk beds (or have them made) and need to find out where to purchase these in Addis or Shire.  I assume there is more availability in Addis.  We also need to buy mattresses and mattress covers (I don't even know if mattress covers are available in country?) and need some guidance.

I am new to this blog so I will navigate around.  Thank you for providing this service.

Thanks very much for the information on the Apple shop, Hardim PLC at Bole EDNA Mall, Area Gulf Bldg, +251 91 232 7753.  I took my computer there today and left with everything working.

Thanks Again!

Great, and i will keep Hardim in my list.

Hello, i'm Léa
I'm moving to Addis in 2 weeks

I am glad to introduce and write a little bit about myself. for this opportunity.
Here is some information about me.
My name is Ashine Eshetu.

Everyone calls me Ashu.
Please call me Ashine.

birthplace

I am from Addis Abeba, which was a capital of Ethiopia.
I was born in Sululta , and I grew up in Addis Abeba.
My hometown is Addis Abeba, Near Nifas Silk.

Education

I am graduated with Bachelor of System in Information System from Hawassa University.

I am majoring in Computer Science/Information technology/Information System.
My minor in Business Entrepreneurship.

thanks share me any idea

Hi Neal
How are you and how are you finding life here in Addis Ababa. Let me know if you still need any help with your Mac. My brother in law is a IT geek nerd who knows all about repairing laptops, Macs, PC etc. Always willing to help a brother out here in Addis.
Ray

Thank u, My name Is Ramzee Canzata,
I'm a Master Plumber by trade for some 47 years, I live now in Atlanta Ga. But now that I have been there to Ethiopia and found a wonderful woman I want to live the rest of my life somewhere I can do something good to help other people.
What I need to find out from you all how do I open a bank account and which is a good bank over there to deal with?

Hello everyone. My name is Amanuel. I am new to this blog & don't know where to start. I graduated with Computer science. I am here to give any kind of assistance on computers and also interested in any business ideas.

dear all
my name is Mehiret Abate i live in  Ethiopia. i was graduated with diploma in midwifery and in public health BSc i have no Expat experience
here i become a member i will post my feelings and interest thank you
i willl look forward to give me some information
thank u!

Hi . Im in addis for a few days . And I want to meet some expats if u r available

hi julien,

my name is manish,

this is a very good forum,

i am thinking about coming to ethiopia to work as a professor

Hey.. :cheers:

hey lets come ethiopia life in ethiopi too cheap

Bahar Ali.143 wrote:

hey lets come ethiopia life in ethiopi too cheap

Hi Bahar. Welcome to Expat.com.
Could you please introduce yourself to us with a little information about yourself. Thanks

my name is remedan I live in jigjiga Somali region

hi my name is solomon, right now am on travelling with french guy who work for EU in addis as his amharic teacher for a month on road trip. after bahirdar,gonder,awuramba community, lalibela and the surround, kombolicha now we are in bati visiting the camel market then will go to afar and will return back to addis on may11. am happy  share stories of the places i visited.
inbox me.
c u

Hi, Sara my name is Habtamu and i am ready to tell you  regarding my country every information as far as i know. remain blessed.

Hi everyone,

My name is Izabela and I am new in Addis. I will be living here for about 3 month so please anyone interested in meeting up, please let me know. It would be nice to meet some new people.

[Moderated: please post in jobs section]

hi, its nice you are searching for a good bank well it is Commercial Bank of Ethiopia.

hi! ezabela i need to meet and know you more

Hi Izabela, nice to meet you if you want to stay here in Addis for three months we can meet and i can give you information about the city feel free, it me Habtamu

Thank you for warm welcome and suggestions :)

Highly talented individual, holder of Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA Generic), International Postal Graduate Diploma in Management Studies, Professional International Diploma in Project Management, Certificates in Journalism, Anger and Stress Management (ASM) and many more other certificates and qualifications with 12+ years multi-sectorial experience and skilled professions. The three (3) major experts and skills competent and not only limited to are: Generic Leadership, Management and Training.
    Holds facilitation, training with excellent written, communications and presentations experts/skills especially to organisations dealing with HIV/AIDS, Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH), and Gender, Governance, Human Rights and many others. His skills and experts extends to programs/projects management, development and design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation (M&E), reporting, resource mobilisation, advocacy, policy analysis and any other related programs including ability to design program logical frameworks.
    Goal oriented, constructive with advice, motivational as part of a team, disciplined and committed to achieving the desired results with minimal supervision, sociable, possesses ability to adjust and adapt to cross-cultural based global environments.
    Skilful in computers in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power point, Project Management 2000 and Internet.

[Moderated: register yourself in the Business Directory pls]

hello,

my Name is Oliver originaly from Germany, can not say I am new, allready 12 years living and working in Ethiopia. After 1 year in Addis I moved to Adama, which I realy like today, Addis is getting to bussy by today and I prefer life in the Country, ok this Comes as well with my profesion as a agronemist.

I alway like to meet People who think out of the box, looking for new ideas where other poeple reject, NO, THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE.......

Of course as a Geman I realy enjo my after work draft, which is my own coffee ceromonie, good that Ethiopia has good draft, but I must admid I prfer the smal local bars to the shine expat bars.

best regards

Oliver

After work draft sounds good Oliver....especially during World Cup Month. German V USA, should be a good final  :D

oh I rember some Long time ago that we had a hard game against US once, but i must admit I am not from a typical socer Region in Germany, I am more into winter Sport, one of the things I realy miss in Ethiopia, it is not even on the TV. realy like Biatlon and People do not understand what I am talking about, if I talk about snow and ice....

Oliver

hi Mr oliver,,

i am just repying your post am also by citizen german and if you like we can share experiences i live in D/ zeit it would be my pleasure thank you.

hello d/zeit,

nice to know, I always stop for a drink in town on my way back from AA, have some Italien friend in town.

Oliver

PS contact me directly

hi...i want to meet new friends from all of the world ...

iam glad to introduce little bite about myself for all expat user ...my name is bahar ali and iam from ethiopia and i currently living in harar ...harar is the holy city ...fortified historic town .. ....

especially in this fasting Ramadan month every things ..social life stayle of living .etc amazing ...so who wana to coming harar plss tell me who wana to visit or staying ..living life in harar too cheap .....
so we are waiting you to host you as like partner ...friendly ...

hoping everyone you can call 251915185302 ...

.thank you

I am Addiszemen moges,am 24 year old and was born in dessie and grown up in addis ababa.I finished medical school in Hawasa university and now I am currently working as general practitioner in one of peripheral universitity.

Dear,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Currently I am working at Jimma University,Ethiopia as an assistant lecturer in civil engineering department. I have plane to study MSc. program in civil engineering at Indonesia. That is why I need to join to this group.

Kind regards,

Kefiyalew Zerfu

[ Moderated : No Free ads, please register your services in our business directory ]

Closed