New members of the Bangladesh forum, introduce yourself here

well come to our country

where you work in bangladesh..i am living in national univercity

well come to our country..i m Bijoy sarker

vai koto din dhore ajarvaijan asen..ebong appner profeesion ki?

Hello Bijoy sarker,

Welcome to Expat-Blog..:)

Kindly note that the discussion is in English so if you have any information to share please post in English only.

Thank you
Yuveshen

Hi, I am from Dhaka Bangladesh. I am new here and want to make friends with expats through this platform.

I am still in the usa.  I want to come to Bangladesh and live there.  I am thinking if I got a job as an English teacher, I could get a long term visa. therefore I need to know some schools where I can teach English. how are the educational system set up? elementary school, middle school, high school, college?

I have post graduate education in sociology.  my main language is English, but I speak Spanish, Russian, Korean.  because I have income of my own, my interest is not salary.  I need a job for a long term visa.

I want to know if I got a two or three room apartment in the city, whether the apartment will have running water, toilet with flush water, shower , and how much that will cost per month?

tell me about where you live? how much you pay per month, how many rooms, whether it has running water, hot water, kitchen, and flush toilet?

what kind of work do you do?

I am living in usa yet. as soon as possible I want to live in Bangladesh.  I need a long term visa.  to my thinking, if I taught English some where, I should be able to get a long term visa.

I have post graduate education in two usa universities in sociology.  my main language is English, but I can speak Spanish, Russian, Korean.  because I have an income, my job should help me with obtaining a visa, and I am not interested in the salary.  where can I teach?  how are the educational system structured?  elementary school, middle school, high school, universities?

I want to rent with two bedrooms, sink, hot water, and flush toilet.  how much would this be in a month? where can a get materials to learn spoken Bangladesh?

Hi there, I am Alisha and it's been five months since I came back to Bangladesh. I am not an expat, however I was born and brought up in India and lived in Canada for the last seven years of my life and coming back here, I realize how few people I know. It's been difficult getting used to life here, and I am probably still adjusting. Recently, I have come to the realization that I really miss having company and conversing in English. Having come from a lifestyle where I was always surrounded by different groups of friends, it's been really difficult to have to set limitations on how I express myself. I chat and skype with my friends all the time, but let me tell you that it's just not quite the same. So, if anyone is interested in getting together and being friends, message me :) I am a very open minded young individual who enjoys nature, photography, learning about different cultures, playing Frisbee, rock climbing, and much more. I would like to get to know some like minded people! I am also proficient in conversational Japanese, if anyone wants to teach me/learn together :D

Hello Milan, are you still in Dhaka? :) I am Alisha, Bangladeshi by descent, but born and brought up in India and lived in Canada for the past seven years. Got back to Bangladesh five months ago, and I miss having friends who can converse with me in English. I am looking to make some new friends in Dhaka. If you are interested, maybe we can meet up for coffee sometime? :)

hi love and lonely. I am still in the usa. I am an American, but want to move to Bangladesh.  how are you surviving with English only?  how many rooms do you have at what usa dollar cost?  do you have a flush water toilet as in the usa?

my main language is American English. however I speak Russian, Spanish , Korean. 
are you working there? are you living on a pension?  where did you learn Japanese?

Hello, hello. You seem a little confused, my friend. I am Bangladeshi by descent, so I don't have any problems getting around. Yes, I am working and no, I am not on a pension.

I have a great interest in other cultures and languages and my interest led me to learning Japanese on my own. I only speak the language however, written is much more difficult to learn on your own.

I don't understand why you keep repeating how many languages you speak. Unless it's required for the kind of job you are seeking, I don't really follow :/

There are flush toilets available at many many places in Bangladesh now. I can assure you that it won't be a problem for you to find an apartment with a flush toilet. Which part of Dhaka do you intend to stay in? Foreigner apartments have almost everything you need to be comfortable. They are also in safer and quieter places in Dhaka, so it's not so bad. I don't live in a foreigner apartment, so it's much cheaper for me to rent. However, I am not really certain of the price of a foreigner apartment. It would most likely be anywhere from 650-800 USD. You are better off checking the price listings on the internet however.

May I ask why you want to move? :) You are not getting a lot of answers because you are simply waiting for people to give them to you. I would advise you to do some research online. There's almost nothing that you can't find on the internet these days.

Hi everybody,

We are off topic here.

I remind you all that this thread is only for the introduction of the new members.

For your questions, please create a new thread on the Bangladesh forum.

Thanks

Priscilla

Hello, having lived abroad in the past building boats, I am thinking of building one in Chittagong for myself. Lot's of water and lots of boats so an ideal place to build?

Design things for a living, which is fine but now looking for something a bit more adventurous.

hi,
good idea. But could you please share about the building boats?

Thanks
Sharif

what kind of  visa did you get that you are able to build a boat?  I will assume you need the time, place, money invested.  did the government already gave you such visa permission?  or such permissions are not required?  I am a businessman.  I am trying to find out how I can get a long term visa in Bangladesh.  I am also trying to figure out how to survive financially in Bangladesh.  as an example I could bring foreign buyers to come to Bangladesh to purchase your boat.  but will the government give me  permission to operate a business.

Hi Alfoz, welcome to Bangladesh. How are you doing?

hey, contact with the US Bangladesh High Commission office, you will get the visa information. Bangladesh is a good place for investment. Many foreign nationalists are doing there business. Bangladesh have low paid worker so you can earn a good profit. So, don't hesitate to invest in Bangladesh, you can have also invest in Export processing zone where all modern amenities are available . Good luck.

smbcuet wrote:

hey, contact with the US Bangladesh High Commission office, you will get the visa information. Bangladesh is a good place for investment. Many foreign nationalists are doing there business. Bangladesh have low paid worker so you can earn a good profit. So, don't hesitate to invest in Bangladesh, you can have also invest in Export processing zone where all modern amenities are available . Good luck.

To leeanderson

Hello everyone,

Take note what Priscilla said earlier:

Priscilla wrote:

Hi everybody,

We are off topic here.

I remind you all that this thread is only for the introduction of the new members.

For your questions, please create a new thread on the Bangladesh forum.

Thanks

Priscilla

are there export base infrastructure, do you think, where I can make head wear, caps? or teddy bears?

are the import export businesses  regulated by the Bangladesh government as in china by the big brother china  government?  or are the import export business more like the usa model where the businesses are run by individuals?

this export processing zone has a name? is English enough to survive?  are documents accepted in English?

Hello everyone!

Firstly, it becomes difficult to keep track of threads where a newbie can post decent queries... We all understand that we have loads of queries when we come to a new place, but wouldn't it be wise to check the subject before keying in strokes on ur laptop #justasuggestion :)

Having said that, a warm hello to everyone staying in Bangladesh (and of course on this blog!)

I am Smitesh, a 26-year old Indian guy from Mumbai, having traveled South-east Asia, Middle East, recently moved to Dhaka, for an assignment from my Indian conglomerate.

Now that I am looking to establish my base here, I would like to start interacting with like minds in this new home !

Cheerio! :)

leeanderson wrote:

are there export base infrastructure, do you think, where I can make head wear, caps? or teddy bears?

are the import export businesses  regulated by the Bangladesh government as in china by the big brother china  government?  or are the import export business more like the usa model where the businesses are run by individuals?

this export processing zone has a name? is English enough to survive?  are documents accepted in English?

:offtopic: 

This thread is for new members to introduce themselves to the forum.  If you have another subject you wish to get information on, then please open a new topic. Read post #100 from the administrators.
Thank you.

leeanderson wrote:

I think the link will help you to find more about the export processing zone- Export Processing Zone

university  :dumbom:

KMPRINCE wrote:

university  :dumbom:

As a new member please introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello, I am from Bangladesh exporting agricultural products of Bangladesh and looking for businessman in Russia who are interested to buy/purchase potato, mango, rice, pumpkin etc. I am also interest to meet with Bangladeshi expats in Russia and very much wishing to get help from them.

Hi ferdous,what type of business do you intend to do there,if you need any advice contact me ok

Hello my name is Tania and I am from London.

hello,i m habib  from bangladesh.

how much $usa dollar are you paying for your apartment, with how many rooms?  does it have flush toilet and hot water shower?

yes there are lots of information on the internet.  I am not a person who wants the internet to be my sole source of friendship. the internet will never be my soul mate.

Hello leeanderson,

To whom are you addressing  :/

And to recall, this thread is for presentation of new members.

Thank you,
Marjorie

Hi.I m Esha. Studying English literature. I will be living Dhaka next year. I want to help my international friends to learn English and Bangla as a tutor. If any friend is interested to learn please let me know. Thank you.  :D

Hi Esha,

There are a couple of students for learning Bangla - Alisha and myself :D

Though we could help you with English to a good extent :p

Would be happy to hear more from you.

Cheerio!
-Smitesh

I think leeanderson is a spammer, could one of the forum administrators look into this? :/

@Smitesh, be nice. Stop being silly :p

I will be happy to help you guys...  :)

esh_nueri wrote:

Hi.I m Esha. Studying English literature. I will be leaving Dhaka next year. I want to help my international friends to learn English and Bangla as a tutor. If any friend is interested to learn please let me know. Thank you.  :D

esh_nueri wrote:

Hi.I m Esha. Studying English literature. I will be leaving Dhaka next year. I want to help my international friends to learn English and Bangla as a tutor. If any friend is interested to learn please let me know. Thank you.  :D

esh_nueri wrote:

I will be happy to help you guys...  :)

@smitesh

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=462046

Thanks!

Closed