New members of the Uganda forum, introduce yourself here

What kind of help do you need ?

Thanks for your offer to help! I'm interested in getting around Uganda to see where I'd like to stay... and maybe not just Kampala but the countryside, too. Do you have a suggestion for hiring a car, or renting a car?

Hi let's keep in touch!

will be in position to help both in accommodation and car hiring.

Hi,

Im Virginia, a spanish 28 years old girl. I will stay in Kampala for the next 2 months  and would like to meet new people to do some trips on weekends, or going out to have dinner or drink some beers.
Also I will spend some time in Kitgum, so would like to know if there is anybodyelse living over there.

Thank you and Regards!

Virginia

Hi virginia am Joseph Ochola  thank you for your message and I hope by the time you come you will link up with me  and my email address is [email protected] and my contact cell Number is +256750416524  and I will love to have friendship with you and will be able to take you to those places especially Paderi very disadvantaged District in Uganda  tank you and hope to hear from you

yours Joseph Ochola

I am Medical Doctor, specialized in Public Health and got early retired from UN Mission in Chad, working now as Independant consultant.
Just arrived in Uganda and will like to familiarize my self with others exparts.

Regards

Well come Hernandez Maria. Do you project to open a cabinet in Uganda ? So We can be your client.

I'm still looking around, I will let you if is possible for me to open the clinic, they have a lot of clinics.

Best regards

Maria

C'est vrai qu'il y a beaucoup de clinics dans  et autour de Kampala, mais Kampala et ses alentours sont fort habités, une clinic doit bien fonctionner ne t'en fait pas. Il suffit de donner de bons services et de bien  faire la publicité (marketing) comme dans tout business.

Merci , je viens d'arriver il y a une semaine, comment on peut se rencontrer pour mieux discuter?
je vois que tu es de Lyon , moi aussi j'habite Lyon, je connais les bons services cae j'ai travaillée 17 and pour l'UN, mais je ne maitrise pas la ville.
Si tu trouves une femme expat qui cherche une collocation je serais interesser , car celle est avec moi veut partir à Kajansi, et moi je veux aussi etre avec quelqu'un comme ca je ne m'ennuie pas. 250 Dollars le mois.
la personne peut prendre la grande chambre avec la douche , moi je reste la ou je suis? mais la personne doit etre vehiculée.
je cherche une voiture d'occasion aussi, mon numero 0778222613

Cordialement

hernandezmaria wrote:

Merci , je viens d'arriver il y a une semaine, comment on peut se rencontrer pour mieux discuter?
je vois que tu es de Lyon , moi aussi j'habite Lyon, je connais les bons services cae j'ai travaillée 17 and pour l'UN, mais je ne maitrise pas la ville.
Si tu trouves une femme expat qui cherche une collocation je serais interesser , car celle est avec moi veut partir à Kajansi, et moi je veux aussi etre avec quelqu'un comme ca je ne m'ennuie pas. 250 Dollars le mois.
la personne peut prendre la grande chambre avec la douche , moi je reste la ou je suis? mais la personne doit etre vehiculée.
je cherche une voiture d'occasion aussi, mon numero 0778222613

Cordialement

As this is an Anglophone forum could you please post in ENGLISH so that others can understand your post.
If you which to post in French then click on the flag icon top right hand corner of this page and select the language from the drop down box.

Thank you I told to the friend that I would see the posibility to open the cabinet but will first need a connection with people who knew well the environment.
In the same way I would like to share my home and looking for house mate rental 250 dollars a month and share charges: electricity,water , cleaner and garbage collection, house is furnished.

Best regards,

Dr Maria

It's true that it's not always easy to start something  in a foreign country. Everyone meets some  problem. I'm in Belgium, but I have a small project in Uganda. Before going in Belgium I was in France (Lyon). If you give me your e mail address I can give you some information / advice about Kampala. Mine is: bizimana.deogratias (at) wanadoo.fr

Thank you, my mail is [email protected]

Regards,

Maria

Hi, I am from India and life has been great so far.

Recently, I got an offer to work in Kampala, Uganda. I am a bit apprehensive about it however would love to take some advice.

Thanks,

contemplating wrote:

Hi, I am from India and life has been great so far.

Recently, I got an offer to work in Kampala, Uganda. I am a bit apprehensive about it however would love to take some advice.

Thanks,

Hi and welcome

Please give members some information about yourself, what sort of job you will be doing, what the salary package includes etc so that others can then offer advice.

My name is tony , I would like to set up a poultry farm and transport business in uganda before relocating . Any help or advice is appreciated . My email is [email protected]. I am current living in us but moving to work in Uk in 2 months.i work as a DBA . Any honest genuine friends out there get in touch. I have been to Kampala twice before and stayed in kansanga.

Hi Nagesh
I am Sudhir from Hyderabad. I am a CA with 10 years of experience in Finance & Accounts. I am looking for Job in Kampala.
How much I can expect salary in terms of USD
I am married and have 2 kids
Thanks for your reply
Sudhir

akkinenisudhir wrote:

Hi Nagesh
I am Sudhir from Hyderabad. I am a CA with 10 years of experience in Finance & Accounts. I am looking for Job in Kampala.
How much I can expect salary in terms of USD
I am married and have 2 kids
Thanks for your reply
Sudhir

You need to do an online search for work. The salary will depend on what the company can afford to ;pay you.

For cost of living www.numbeo.com

You can check the jobs section of this forum by clicking on "jobs" at the top of this page. You can also place your CV there.

[ Moderated : Please avoid phone numbers over the forum ]

iam  sandrah looking for a receptionist or waitresss job and have two year experience.Iam a hard working lady and want to work in restaurants or coffee cafes.thank you for welcoming me to your thread iam greatful

Hi all, am Brian a financial manager/analyst and entrepreneur, here to meet new interesting people.

BrianMan wrote:

Hi all, am Brian a financial manager/analyst and entrepreneur, here to meet new interesting people.

Hi and welcome to the forum

Perhaps introduce yourself to the forum with a little information about yourself.

Good afternoonn every body, My name is Asrade , i am from Ethiopia i am an expat working with the internationa NJO based in Uganda, I have been in west africa before moving to the East and this is my second assignemnt to East African country. I am glad to have taken part in this forum and m sure will learn a lot about Uganda.

Ugandan semujju Edward seeking for apart time job in catering, carpentery and any category young energetically stable and health and am glad to be welcomed here thanks
And iam need of a sponsor due to my elders children am caring they education which i've little help. So my friends if any opportunity am ready i don't mind whether it's cleaning

Am Ivan a university student am new here hoping to meet different people and learn more

Hello,
I'm in Kampala, have  been for the last one week. Bored and extremely lonely.
I'm cosulting for an American company that is looking to open office here.
I need all the help I can get.
We need an apartment or a home to rent , secure, cost.
What are the best locations?
What are the cost variations.
How about transport? I need to rent a four wheel for a long period .
Where can I go on Friday to mix and mingle?
Is there any one out there who can show me around for free ?
Hellooo?
Lizy

(Moderated : Please post in the Housing section )

[moderated: free advertisement is not allowed on the forum. Please register your company in the business directory]

I am called Carol a Ugandan and a holder of a bachelor's degree in Economics.I currently hold a position of an administrative assistant and i have gained a lot of experience doing office chores since.In case of any opportunity am available please

Hi Carol,

Can you do the job of marketing ? Tell me if you can do it so we can go ahead in our discussion on the marketing issue. to join me, you can use  : bizimana.deogratias (at) wanadoo.fr

Hi Deogratias, Thank you for paying attention to my request and i believe i can do it provided that we reach an agreement. I have recieved your email address and I'm going to drop you an email.

Thanks so much I will be waiting for your response.

Carol

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com!

If you have any specific questions, please start a new topic on the Uganda forum.

I also invite you to read the UGANDA FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT.

Let's keep this thread on Introduction of new members.

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com team

Hi all my  name is josephine I live in uganda  need a job to earn and go for futher studies like bachelor's degree g thank u all

Hi Everyone

Am Nathan Okiror a Social Work by profession, I have coordinated various youth and women projects in the areas of reproductive health, economic empowerment and women and child right and have also worked as an Administrative Officer. Am happy to join this platform and looking for an employment opportunity in the areas of Social Work and Community Development

Thanks
Nathan Okiror

[moderated: free advertising is not allowed]

[moderated: please post your ad in the housing section]

Am A Ugandan And Live In Uganda The Pearl Of Africa, I Work With GLS&H Organisation , I Also Practice Farming And I Like It . God Bless U All

Hi, my name is Guy and I am from the US now living in Mbarara, Uganda. I have been in Uganda for about 9 years working for Kimbla-Mantana African Safaris.

Hi!

We are two Norwegian girls, 22years of age, wanting to move to Kampala in June/July to work for about a year.

Last year we lived half a year in Kisumu, Kenya and after visits to Uganda and Tanzania we immediately fell in love with the East- African people, life and atmosphere!! And we want to go back ASAP :D

In addition to apply for jobs through the Peace Corps we want to get in contact with the expats already living in Kampala to hear if anyone know of any NGO´s in need of more people.

We both have a bachelor in social work with a specialty in international social work. The plan is to continue with a master in international development.

Hope to hear from you about Kampala in general, job offers, newly imported expats, or just about yourself!!

-Julie and Sandra :)

Closed