Outdoor Swimming pools in Riyadh

Hi, if I am not going to live in a compound are there any clubs I can join in Riyadh which have outdoor pools to swim in, sunbathe by ? If not, could I use a hotel one as a non resident ?

Yes, most hotels allow non-resident guests to use their pool for a small fee.

Thanks musicman

Tri club, pm me your email and I'll send you the email of the person who organises it. They will put your name on the list of a compound where they swim and you can go there twice a week.

Hey Musicman, Can all of the EAGLES party and sunbathe by the hotel pools too...  :P:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hi Johnny, why have you chosen to live off compound? To get more exposure to the real Riyadh or?

It would be good if others could chip in with their experiences of living off compound.

Hey Stevie, to be honest with you I would much prefer to live in a compound but I am quite sceptical about my chances of finding a place in one because of the severe lack of availability, hence my resignation almost, to living outside.

It would be good if others could chip in with their experiences of living off compound.

Some times you get what you ask for! lol

Ok I'll just give you a few clues about what it's like to be off compound;

First, if you're a bachelor, it's very hard for you to get an appartment in a building occupied by families, especially in Riyadh, so you'll end up living in a bachelors building, that means the service is not good, the place is not good, usually not clean, and well if you managed to be in a relatioship with some girl good luck on inviting her to your place! lol

Second, you'll lose all kinds of organized social activities that can take place in a compound.

Third, no recreational facilities of any kind.

Now the above is the down side of living off compound, the upside is it's cheaper... thats all.

So to conclude I'll just tell you this: the only reason for anyone not to live in a compound is simply not being able to afford living in one.

Enough said! Peace...

Hmmm, doesn't paint a pretty picture does it ? But what you are implying - please correct me if I'm wrong here - is that affordability is the issue, rather than availability ? Do you think if I try hard enough I could get a studio/small flat or room in shared villa in a compound for my max budget of 5-6k SAR per month ?

Thinking about this, I'm going to open up a new thread to ask this very question to (hopefully) a broader audience...

Hmmm, doesn't paint a pretty picture does it ? But what you are implying - please correct me if I'm wrong here - is that affordability is the issue, rather than availability ?

Availability is an issue but way less of a problem if you can afford to pay.

Do you think if I try hard enough I could get a studio/small flat or room in shared villa in a compound for my max budget of 5-6k SAR per month ?

Based on your nationality I'd say sure you can find one, you might have to wait for few months but eventually you'll get it, and the price depends on which compound you're talking about here, but the amount of money you're willing to spend is very decent :)

Good luck with your search!

i know what allie's going to say, but non the less, I'll try to get back to this one.

Salman

Go to al- ezdihar Holiday inn Hotel in Exit 7 , they have very nice swimming pool with low cost .

I want to know what Allie is going to say now.....

Just discovered ladies aren't permitted to use the gym nor outdoor pool at the Radisson... and nobody was using them either
-what a silly waste of water that is :rolleyes:

Ioanna wrote:

Just discovered ladies aren't permitted to use the gym nor outdoor pool at the Radisson... and nobody was using them either
-what a silly waste of water that is :rolleyes:

hahahahaha :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: u r so right :P

Nonzie!  I was just asking Allie where you had been!  So glad to know all is well and your in back in true form!!  :lol::lol::lol:

[email protected]

please let me know about the swimming pool

Stevie334 wrote:

Tri club, pm me your email and I'll send you the email of the person who organises it. They will put your name on the list of a compound where they swim and you can go there twice a week.

Hi all,I would like to know any feasible price for outdoor swimming pool,I checked the Marriott Hotel which is close to the place where I live but a full membership is SR 7000 per year, and SR 3000 from 6 AM till 3 PM,the price includes full gym and swimming pool usage.

recently arrived in riyadh to work as a physio. interested if anyone knows any decent places to swim outdoors, play golf or do outdoor activities. if so i am staying at novotel suite hotel and would be keen to find out more.

Hi Stevie,
looking for a decent open air pool to use over the next 2 weekends.
Done The Continental Hotel twice can you point me to a better one.

Best Regards from Harry.

Hi stevie
. I want to know the place for swimming here in riyadh. . Maybe.u can send me the details too. Here is my email. xxx.   Thanks in advance..cheers!

where is it loacated and whats hotels name .....and can u say me the feees

Hi Stevie! Can i also have his email? so i can also join them. Thanks

U got any swimming pool if u got share it plZzz :)

Can u suggest me a pool per day charges and location plzzzzz

Hi Steve, May I also join. Please? Is there any fee for that?

Hello baste are u having any knowledge about swimming poool in riyadh if u know plzz share it