New members of the Qatar forum, introduce yourself here

Hello there, I'm also from South Africa and will be a newbee soon:-)

Howdy! I will be moving to Doha in August. I have lived in the Middle East before, but I have never been to Qatar. I'm excited about the new experience and I would love to meet up for dinner, drinks, or shesha once I arrive.

Regards.

Hi Im an aussie as well looking to meet new friends out here:)

Hey all!
Still newbie on Expact Blog, I love trying new things, specially the ones that challenge me. My mission is to travel the world and meet great people with different ideas/beliefs/lifestyles who simply appreciate life. I would say I'm an open-minded, easy-going and friendly person who likes going out with friends as well as having a relaxing evening and a good discussion over couple of beers (or is it more culturally conscious to say a nice juice cocktail here in Doha ;-)) I come from Palestine, but I've lived in the US, Spain, Canada, & Romania - I've been here for almost 4 years now so if you have got a question about Doha, I've probably got an answer for that! Nice to meet you all! A

changing your profile pic to a less creepy one could be a starting point :p

Hello guys, am paragonne with academic backgrounds on economics, project management, safety studies & practical electrical knowledge.
I intend  to cross over to Qatar to advance my career as a project manager & a developmental economist.
Am a young dude who is in love with nature cos originality is the way.

Thank you all for the level welcoming...LOVE YOU ALL.

Hi all, Newbie here with a fairly trivial question. My wife has just secured consultancy work in Doha for the month of August with the prospect of a full-time contract from October onwards. I plan to go over with her to meet/network with some potential employers and to check out the place ahead of a big move. I'm concerned however that, like at home (Ireland), many people will be away on annual leave during August. Please can you tell me if August is a bad time to meet with people over there? I work in media and marketing. We are an Irish couple keen to go exploring but with no great experience of life in the Middle East. Many thanks - Dara

Hi everyone, am Melinda, I live in Ghana. Looking forward to live in Qatar one day.

Thats wassup. Im from the states too, and new in Qatar. When you arrive we should link up. Here's my email [email protected]

@ Meed welcome on board  :)

Hello People, anyone in Doha soon ?

Hi everybody,

Do note that this thread has been created for the new members, they came here in order to introduce themselves and to share with us their project about moving to Qatar.

So thank you to avoid going off topic please.

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

hi..

new guy on the block :)

Hey there all!

newbie! just arrived to Doha, West bay Lagoon villas!
need Some showing around ;)

i am new to Qatar and loking a job can you help me?

Hello romeodxxxb, Qatarimatt and hailush abrha,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I recommend to create a new topic for all new queries you may have as it will allow the members to give you appropriate answers.
@ hailush abrha, I also recommend to check on the Qatar jobs section and you can post an ad there.  ;)

All the best,
Olivier
Expat.com Team

Hi All,
thanks for the warm welcome
yes i'd like to move in to Qatar and find a job in electricity
I'm very ambitious, self directed and always eager to learn continously

Thx and see you soon

I am new in this Forum and working in Doha Qatar as Business Dev.. Manager. I would like to get relation and friendshipment with defferent culture.

Thanks

Vijay

Guys just don't go  :offtopic:  Its a new members of the Qatar forum, introduce yourself.

Hi

I am Shaan. I am new to Doha , Qatar. I will be moving soon. May be by the end of this month or probably earlier. I would like to make new friends and I am ready to explore all over Qatar. Kindly feel free to contact me.

hi...

i am new here in doha qatar...i want to meet other people here...thanks...

Hi
I am deeya from Mauritius, n now in Doha...
I am searching for jobs.
Anyone can help me pls...

My name is Emmanuel Omale.
I reside at present in Doha, near New world at the back of Doha Bus Station.
I participate in the renovation work going on in Sheraton Hotel ( City Centre)

I have some inquiries to make but would like to seek ur permission.

Emmanuel

thank you for directing me.
I am currently in qatar and I work.
my plan is to leave qatar and go continue my studies in usa (united state). or work there.
is it possible? help me to clear up my problem ... thank you

Qatar is still good for people at your level of attainment in life.
But Qatar is not good for beginners at all, no matter your educational qualification.

Qatar has respect for nationalities from Europe, America, Canada, Australia. But no regard Africans and some part of Asia.
Please , i encourage you to come.The weather is relatively very hot from now till the end of August.
But at your level, you will not suffer from it because your car will have AC, your resident will have AC and any where
you go AC will be there for you.

I will be expecting you. Don't forget to contact me when you come.

Emmanuel
+974 7075 5063

Study visa to US is very easy if you have enough money.
See you then

I want to be your friend.

See u then.

Please do not come to Qatar. We were deceived. Do not fall victim. Qatar has no respect for Africans, how much more Nigerians.

If you doubt me google Qatar living dot com.Why not try any country in Europe, my brother.
Emmanuel.

hi
I can help you
what you need to know ?

Hi I am Naz I will be moving to Qatar in a 2 month time as I got a job offer as store manager, is there anyone who works in the retail sector just wanted to get a feel of how things work over there

I am actually moving from London and English expat who lives in doha

Long hrs mate! Which store/mall are you in?

It's gap Not sure which mall yet it's either Villaggio or landmark originally I wanted to join h&m . How many hours is long hours as I do around 55 hours a week here in London

Naz,

Villagio is prob. the most popular mall in Qatar at the moment and thus the busiest. Landmark is decent but never as crowded or as busy.

All I can advise is shops, with the exception of Friday, open 8-9am and close at 9-10pm, so you want to make sure you have a shift with another manager otherwise I wasnt kidding its going to long!

You will need to get a place near where you work as traffic can be pretty bad, its a country under a lot of construction development. And unfortunately, accommodation is very expensive out here, you're looking at approx. a min. £1K for a room in shared premises.

Thanks for the info, I am going to need a 1 bed flat as I am moving with the  wife how much u think that will cost me I check online there is not May option

And what would be a good salary a month ?

sandraferal wrote:

Hi Im an aussie as well looking to meet new friends out here:)

Gday

I am Bulgarian and I would like to have friends from Europe here.

Hi Roba

This is Atif here from London, technically we r still in Europe, i am new here would love to listen to your experience.

Regards
Atif

Thank you for welcoming newbees.
I am trying to understand it gradually.
would like to share my experience in Qatar
so far with u.
Am i welcome?
Emmanuel

hi i need job to do

Closed