New members of the Singapore forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

I am achiel. new member here, I am here because want to clear about my work visa problem. Good thing is, I found so many potential friends here, although my work visa was rejected. So, I'm not an expat actually :)

regards,

Hi all,

This is Efshan , new on this forum .
I am from Pakistan.
im looking for Web Developer job in Singapore
Php, Wordpress,Joomla ,Oracle
but even after one year of job hunt i never got a interview call from any Singaporean employer dun know y
i didnt mention any requried salary in my cv and do mention some of my major projects
guys plz help me , how to get jobs there?
i am regular viewer of these website
jobstreet.com
indeed.com
jobsdb.com

Also plz share what salary an expat should have to live in Singapore ( if we prefer separate accommodation)

As a web developer, you are probably out of luck, because there are few jobs and enough locals to fill them. Furthermore, this kind of job is increasiny moving to cheaper places like India.
To have your own private apartment will cost you S$2500 (maybe S$2000 if you are lucky and find a cheap one). The salary you can expect is not much higher than that (assuming you are a fresh university graduate).

I am 6 yrs experienced [ beppi ]

Well, at least you have the normally required min. 3 years applicable experience - but you didn't mention a university degree (recognised by MoM), without which you can well forget about working in Singapore.
With six years experience, you could potentially earn more (IF you find a job). You should google for salary surveys, which are regularly published by several headdhunters and consultancies. You may need to subtract 10-30% from the figure given there, because people from the subcontinent are usually offered less (supply and demand - there are too many of your countrymen desperate to move to Singapore at any cost).

I am Computer Science Graduate

Well, then you can (on the MoM website) check whether your degree is recognised.
(As far as I know, very few or no Pakistani degree is.)

Welcome to Singapore

My family pictures reflect the joy of Singapore

I  Am a marine engineer in a foreign ship. I decide to take up short term course in Singapore polytechnic to write class 1& 2  exam for  promotion to second engineer, exam conducted by Singapore maritime academy(SMA). The course starts on April 20, 2015 and I may be there 8-10 months.I need sharing accommodation nearer to Singapore polytechnic.
Kindly guide and help me for my stay over there from April 15 onwards.
Thanks and regards.

Hi Jega upon reaching spore give me a call or email me. I use to study safety there.... It's at Dover rd west of Singapore  n spore is small but it's expensive to buy things... Keep in touch

U may try cz my best fren is from Pakistan n work as network engineer. Keep in touch

Hey guys, just arrived in Singapore around a month ago on a business visa. and now have got my EP (yay!). which means there is more time to explore the place. its refreshing to see that ppl here are generally very health conscious and have some physical activity or the other. inspired me to train for the marathon!

Hi Dev,
I originated from Kerala but been here since born. If need any help do let me know. Some are sincere but some are cheater. U try mustafa centre it can be trusted but not all are cheap. Just call me I advise u 96474572 (rafik)

This is zibengsh. I like Singapore weather and culture. Good place to stay

Welcome to Singapore!
Everyone is welcome in Singapore. Feel free to roam around, it is very safe.

Hi all,
My name is Joseph atallah. I own a chocolate business in sydney Australia. I make my own chocolate starting from the cocoa beans. I also run chocolate making classes for fun, such as Corporate Team Building, Hen's Parties, Children's Parties, as well as series classes for people interested in working with chocolate at home, please visit my website kimberleychocolates.com.au
As well as the classes I make a large range of hand made chocolate and confectionery. The business would not have to be in a prime retail location such as Orchad rd, it can be in another location as selling would be a destination rather then impulse. The chocolates and the classes would be mainly sold on line.
I am interested in relocating to singapore, I believe there could be a good market for the classes, as well as good quality hand made chocolates.
I am looking for a business partner to assist in relocating to Singapore. I have most of the machinery and all the required knowledge to make this move successfull.
I am not sure if this is the right venue for such a proposition, if it is not, I would appreciate you directing me to an appropriat venue if you can
Regards
Joseph

Hi Joseph,

Welcome to the forum!
I am not sure if this is the right venue for finding business partners (for that you need more trust than I'd give a stranger on a forum), but you are welcome to enter an ad at this site's classifieds section.
We had a very similar discussion a few months ago, but the poster then did not seem to know what he's doing (see https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=368113).
I wish you good luck - and please reserve a few pieces of chocolate for me!

Greetings,
    Beppi

Wanna know more about SG n it's job acquisition n how to get the EP

good day I am ellen a filipina currently working her in singapore as a helper.i have experience taking care of baby age 1 month to 9 months old..

Respected Sir/Mam
Myself, Shibendu Das. Worked in food and beverage department   in various position and different place of world would like to apply for the position of Captain / Asst. Manager.
I will be obelized if you give me a chance to work with your firm. I'll blend myself in any atmosphere and update myself as soon as possible as per required. I am a quick learner who picks up everything in a short period of time. In total I had an experience of 10 years in the field of hospitality where I have performed myself the best I can and had 5 years of Retail Sales experience which I had worked as a par time job.
As per my point of view, I am an honest, straight forward and trustful person but at the end of the day I am a hard working person who respects his work and works hard to improve himself.

Thanking You
Shibendu Das

Shibendu: It seems you are under the false impression that you will get a job by posting this message here. But this is an Internet forum, not a job site! We can give you advice on how to find a job, but we won't find one for you.
That said, this site also has a classifieds section, where you might want to post a job search ad. But in my experience much better is to apply for jobs directly at appropriate employers in your field in Singapore. And, above all, you should network: Connections and personal contacts are the best source of job opportunities anywhere. So, by all means, travel to Singapore for as long as you can and build those personal connections!
Good luck!

P.S.: I am mesmerized by the word "obelized" in your post, which I have never heard and which I also cannot find in the dictionary. What does it mean?

Hi Miguel,
Do you already have a job offer, visa and/or a girlfriend willing to marry you in Singapore?
If so, your chances are quite good to eventually move here.
If not, you need to find those first, otherwise you have no chance.
(Please note that to find a job, you basically need a recognised university degree. Do you have one?)
Good luck!

Hi everyone,
I'm Turibia, apparently I have joined this site to look out for a job as a live out helper. ..
I have 6 1/2 work experience in the same field. I have experience to look after a newborn and 1 to 12 years old and pet as well..
[Moderated: Post your advert in the Home help in Singapore section.]
thank you so much

Regard,
Turibia

Veganmoein:
You should read (on this forum and other sources) about the visa types and possibilities of moving to Singapore.
In very short:
- You need a good job offer fitting your education, work experience and salary level (by Singapore standards) to get a work visa. In addition, there must be a shortage of suitable locals for this job, and the employer must have space in their foreigner quota (for some visa categories). This is difficult, unless you have a recognised university degree and at least three years experience in the field of work - or you want to do manual labour for peanuts.
- Starting your own business is risky, as everywhere, and to get a visa based on that is nearly impossible now - unless you invest S$1.5million or so. If you want to try nevertheless, contact company incorporation service providers like Janus or Rikvin first!
- PR is out of the question before you have completed 3 years working (and contributing taxes) in Singapore - unless you invest a double-digit million amount, are a world-known artist or sportsman, Nobel-price-quality scientist, or otherwise desirable to Singapore as a nation.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=437626

Thanks!

Closed