New members of the Argentina forum, introduce yourself here

Hi everyone, I'm Jeremy. I live in the U.S. currently and have done some extended business trips in the area, which have made me consider making it my permanent home. I'm still not entirely sold on the idea, but it's something I'm considering and would like to know more about since it's an option for me. Most of the time I've spent there has been in Buenos Aires, which I loved. Cheers.

hola
soy una argentina de 59 años próxima a jubilarse en docencia que quiero vivir en Italia, hasta que hable el idioma fluidamente.   En pocos meses estaré jubilada.
Si me pueden aconsejar lo que sea, papeles, estadía, alojamientos, me gustaría roma o florencia.
gracias

italia2015 wrote:

hola
soy una argentina de 59 años próxima a jubilarse en docencia que quiero vivir en Italia, hasta que hable el idioma fluidamente.   En pocos meses estaré jubilada.
Si me pueden aconsejar lo que sea, papeles, estadía, alojamientos, me gustaría roma o florencia.
gracias

Welcome to the forum

As this is an English speaking forum could you please post in ENGLISH only so that others can understand your post and perhaps offer information or advice.
Thank you.

italia2015 wrote:

hola
gracias

hello
I am a  59 years.old argentinian lady close to retired as a teacher , who wants to live in Italy until I can speak italian fluently.
Anyone there in italy could give me any advice at any topic that i should  take into account.,,? I would like to live either in rome or florencia...downtown,
thanks

hello Jeremy
welcome to argentina. If there is anything you need, let me know.
be in touch!
maria

Hello all  :cheers:

REMINDER :

This thread is specifically for introduction of new members, to tell us more about yourself, name/age/profession and also share your expat experience with us - how do you see life in the country hosting you.

If you are seeking employment or need information for an Expatriation project please Create a New TOPIC. Similarly for friendship and meet ups.

Thank you and I wish a Warm Welcome to all New members  :par:

Kenjee
Expat.com team

Hi! I'm Marianna, Argentinian, my mum being from the USA and all the family on her side from USA and UK. Being a language teacher and interpreter I thought this would be a good place to know more about expats living here. Also, I can be helpful in giving advice about codes in Argentina.

[Moderated by team : Please drop advert in jobs and Classifieds section ]

Hello! I'm new to the forum, but have lived in La Plata, Argentina for about 2.5 years. I'm from USA, as is my husband. Joined this forum to share tips and info about living and getting things done here.

Hello my name is Marco, I studied Argentina and Chile in college. Want to live in Argentina one day sooner than later. I work with custom power and manual wheelchairs not sure how I could translate this type of work in Argentina. I do speak ok Spanish being a Hispanic myself. If anyone has any info please let me know!

Gracias Por Todo Che's,

Marco (mi correo electronico [email protected])

Hello, my name is Vijay (VJ) and I am from India. I recently shifted to BA and now looking for work. I was working in Rosario in Electronic and Electrical company as an International Marketing Analyst from last one year. In BA, I am looking friends because I socialize person who always want to interact with the person and share some good time. I am good teacher of Hindi, English language and I give classes or workshops related to Indian culture, food, Gods, Touristic places, guidance about travel to India etc overall anything related to India you can consult with me. I am also looking to teach Hindi language and give workshop related to India (any topic), so if somebody is interested feel free to contact me by private message. I am simple, knowledgeable, friendly and east¡y going person. I am also looking for Indian people in BA to meet and have some chat.

Chau
VJ

Hi, I have been living in Buenos Aires for the past three years. I am a therapist and have a counseling practice here called Counseling Buenos Aires. If anyone on this forum is looking for professional counseling, you can contact me throught my website.  I work with the English speaking community. My clients are individuals, couples, and families from around the world. I have an office in Palermo.
I am an American and have lived and worked in many places, including Ghana, UK, China, and the Pacific Islands. I enjoy living in Argentina and am working on improving my Spanish.

Hello Everybody
I am new to the forum and the site.  My girlfriend and I are planning to move to Argentina as an experiment as to "what next" after retiring as an Emergency Physician.  Our plan is to teach English via  TOEFL certification, learn Spanish, and maybe even try to learn the Tango.  As well, to eat, drink, and be merry, etc etc etc.
We don't know anything about Argentina except that is the most European of the Latin American countries.  I was in BA once on a cruise ship layover, but it was right smack in the middle of a financial meltdown around 20 years ago, the streets were full of tear gas, and people weren't in a very good mood-for good reason, I'm sure.
I have lived in Turkey, Kenya, and Italy in earlier incarnations so I am familiar with being "unfamiliar" as an expat.
I am 100 days away from tenants renting out my house so anything anybody wants to say to help me along with apartments, costs of living, how to get money, immigration rules, healthcare, safety, and, of course, possibilities OTHER than BA, i.e. Mendoza or? are welcome.  But, in any case, WE ARE COMING DOWN THERE PRETTY SOON.
Gracias

Hello you all! :)
Im originally from Ecuador and arrived to argentina a little over a month ago. i am doing a diploma in CSR (corporate social responsibility) and have classes only once a week, which doesn't keep me busy at all. I have been looking for a job but it's been particularly hard to find one, same-wise, to meet people to regularly hang out with.
So if you are interested in making a new friend, here I am! :)
Hope hearing from you.
Salut!

Hello to all of you! I'm actually living in Argentina!!! Really eagear to share some experiences on the blog!  :D

Hey ANDREANRJ , I am VJ from India. I am also looking for friends here in BA. If you are interrested in friendhship let me know. I am also learning spanish in UBA so i need people to practice.

Chau

Hello everyone I'm returning to Mendoza for a job. I was living in Barcelona.  1-2e1e12!" :rolleyes:

Vijay13Gupta wrote:

Hey ANDREANRJ , I am VJ from India. I am also looking for friends here in BA. If you are interrested in friendhship let me know. I am also learning spanish in UBA so i need people to practice.

Chau

hmhmhm sounds like a date  ;)

kenjee wrote:

Hello all  :cheers:

REMINDER :

This thread is specifically for introduction of new members, to tell us more about yourself, name/age/profession and also share your expat experience with us - how do you see life in the country hosting you.

If you are seeking employment or need information for an Expatriation project please Create a New TOPIC. Similarly for friendship and meet ups.

Thank you and I wish a Warm Welcome to all New members  :par:

Kenjee
Expat.com team

Hello!

My name is James I am 25 and I currently live in Pennsylvania, I am looking to relocate to Mendoza in the next 9 to 12 months!
I am just starting to learn Spanish, my professional background is in the investment/ asset management industry. I would love to connect with other expats. I have so many questions!

I am not overly concerned with where I work (or what i am doing) for my first 6 months in Mendoza, I would love to hear other peoples experiences and get an idea for what is possible! I am really at the beginning of my research!

Thanks!
James

Goodmorning  Julien Christine all,I thought that yesterday i had given a short life history of myself no problems however nb.i am not very good on the pc.being 76 years old .Born in The beautiful small town of Tayport Fife Scotland 12 miles from St.Andrews the home of golf.and 3 miles from Dundee which is virtually across the river Tay from my home place.Broughty Ferry is directly opposite and there was a Ferry from around the year 900.
Okay have been living here in Bialet Masse Cordoba province and 53 k,s from Cordoba city.married  to a Cordebese mujere for 8 years,who i met on the internet in 20004 love her and living in Argentina but still adapting to ritos y costumbres:jajajai drink to much beer wine and believe it or not tooooo much teeeaa
),love  the Weather not the cold tho!!but sitting here on our veranda the temp. is at the moment 20 C.with a violent wind all night the beer the good red wine and asado.virtually the same good life as the 25 years i spent in South Africa with my first wife been divorced since 2003.having 3 boys and a daughter educated in SA,for which they have said thanks dad.the youngest has 4 degrees is Housemaster at Duke of Yorks in Dover the 2nd an international accountant son 2 degrees the 3rd everything but a degree.my daughter also very bright.see judith on facebook if you are looking for recipes.i myself am a 5 year time served fabricator welder city and guilds of London inst.plus 7 other bits of paper in all NDT testing.highest position Qa/Qc superintendent with Dorbyl heavy Eng SA x para and special forces sgt officer promise.

Sandy

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Wrong language - If you wish to communicate in spanish, i invite you to participate HERE

Hi Vijay, I run English language workshops and translation projects. I would like to organize a workshop for adult students on Indian culture. If you are interested in getting together and see if we can work something out, just let me know.
Our website is - hoopoe-english.com.ar
Regards,
Mariana

Hello,

I'm Kay from Taiwan.
And I work at Dealfon ( supplier of cell phone accessories and consumer electronics ) in China.
Glad to be here and being friends with the others .  :D

Hello everyone!
I'm currently living in South Africa and I'd love to move to Argentina to open a recording facility one day.
I love meeting new people and I'd love to learn Spanish.
:)

Hello guys, this is Julio. I am from Brazil and right now I am planing on moving to Argentina (Mendoza) with my family.
It would be really cool to have more infos about the city.

In December Im going to spend 15 days to 1 month there looking for rental and schools.

:cheers:

Hello,
I am from Russia, and am currently in Panama city.  I and my husband would like to relocate to Argentina but we can't figure out if there is any immigration program that would allow us to relocate.  If anyone can suggest any useful web info or maybe even a trustworthy immigration lawyer we can talk to, I would truly appreciate your help.  After looking through lots and lots of websites we still feel pretty puzzled... thanks!

Hi All,

New to the blog, not new to Argentina. I have been living here in Rosario for over 6 years, am married to an Argentine and we have 2 children.

I teach English part time - CELTA qualified - but am looking for something more permanant something similar to what I did in London (bilingual PA for a construction company).

I am keen to meet other native English speakers - not because I can't speak Spanish I do!- but firstly I want my kids to be in contact with other English speakers, and secondly for me too as I feel I am losing my Englishness! I am totally surrounded by locals as I don't live in the centre of Rosario (maybe I'd have more chance meeting expats if I lived there) so that's why I'm on this website.

Really hoping that I'll be chatting soon with more expats maybe meeting up for a glass of vino and perhaps some bbq!

All the best

Kirsty

Sandy

Did you mention you were in the special services? My dad would have been your age you may have known him.....Sorry your introduction wasn't very clear....

Kirsty

Hi Kirsty,

Where are you in Rosario? Where do you work teaching English? Have you visited our FB page. English Conversations with Friends?

Please let us know if you would like to get together and practice English.

George and Gaby

Hi George andGaby
I live i the North of the city. Close to Baigorria. I don t head into town much.

I give classes to doe businesses and as well private classes. All near here.

Am looking forward to speaking to you. Maybe tomorrow I LL call.

Kirsty

Hola,

This is Guru from Mumbai- India. I'm looking for a job opportunity to work in Buenos Aires
as I really want to travel there and learn Tango which I've been pursuing from the past 3 years in India.

I'm an Engineer   MBA and If you can help me with a job it will be great. I can speak spanish fluently and currently
in level 4 at Instituto Hispania. I have cleared D.I.E level A2 as well.

Here are some of my details :

Photo : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5auMrmHLmnuQ3VDbUhURV9ib00
CV : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5auM … AxRFZkSkJn

Any directions or leads will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Gurupratap Singh Matharu

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share personal contact infos on the forum, you could use our private message system for that.

Hola, invito a los argentinos que viven en el exterior a participar en mi programa radial Argentinos por el Mundo, segmento de Buen Domingo que se transmite por LT8 Radio Rosario (AM 830 y www.lt8.com.ar) los domingos de 11 a 13 hora argentina.
Las notas se basan en las viviencias de los compatriotas fuera del país y pueden escucharlas en: omarmaneh.com (botón buen domingo).
Espero que me escriban a mi mail: [email protected] para pautar las fechas de las entrevistas.
Saludos
Omar

HI Kirsty,

The best way to reach us is through our Facebook page - English Conversations with Friends. Hope to talk to you soon. We are working with a friend from the U.K. on a proposal to work with companies in Rosario. Maybe you have some suggestions.

George + Gaby

I am a bilingual certified ontological and systemic coach. As a former expat and PTA coordinator for Spanich and English parents at an international school, I think I can be of help to those expats who find it difficult to adapt to a new country/culture.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Please post in english only on this english speaking forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello,
I'm Natalia, I work as an architect/construction project manager, I'm half Italian/half Argentinian and have some English origins too. I was born in Buenos Aires and grew up between Buenos Aires/Milan/London.
I live in London and I'm planning to spend a few months in Argentina (based in Buenos Aires and then possibly spend some time in other areas such as Bariloche, etc.), to discover my Argentinian roots.
I have family in Buenos Aires, Italy and London.
I'd like to get in touch with English expats living in Buenos Aires and in Argentina to get their insights/tips into living in Argentina, prior to travelling to Buenos Aires sometime in early/mid 2016.  I am a bit daunted by the prospect of living in Buenos Aires/Argentina, mainly due to preconceptions passed on by my immediate/extended family and friends/acquaintances - so it would be good to get some first-hand feedback to dispel (or not) some of these myths!
I'm fluent in English, Spanish and Italian - I prefer communicating in English, although Spanish and Italian are OK too.
Gracias y Feliz 2016 a todos!

Hi Natalia,

Check out our English Conversations with Friends page on Facebook.

Saludos!

Thanks, gwashington62 - will do!

ps.:  gwashington62, what's the URL?  Been trying to find Facebook page and can't.
Thanks

Closed