New members of the New Zealand forum, introduce yourself here

Hi All,

I'm Rasela. New comer for expat-blog. Professionally software Engineer. Actually expatblog is a very cool and nice idea. I hope this will hit just like facebook, linkedin, etc...

Thank you..  :)

Thank Julien for creating this topic ! :)
I'm happy to make friends with everyone here. <3

Hi all!

My name is Juan Camilo, I actually live at Medellin, Colombia.

Im a crossfiter and triathlete, like all the sports, nature, the international cuisine and knowing new cultures.

Im currently looking to move to NZ Auckland, I would like to mknow people and text a little before moving in order to get some suggestions and to meet friends.

If you would like to have some friendly chats and give me some suggestions they will be really appreciated.

see u soon!

I would like to emigrate in the next 2 years, I am running a successful Pest control Business in the Cape Peninsula, We believe in an honest integrity based service which is proving the fuel behind our continues growth.

We don't believe that even though we are living an affluent life here that we will be happy with the continues crime and corruption that rattles us from time to time,

We are looking for options in NZ: To start or purchase an existing business, our family(legal residents) have convinced us to start prospecting.

We are religious, we love sport and have three young children.

Hi,
I am moving to NZ in Jan.

Hi all,

it seems interesting to join the Board,on the way of exploring and searching For opportunity ,trained and specialized in Field of high tech standings:air surveillance Systems,RF testing of semiconductor products,microelectronic Assembly ,all part of back-end manufacturing plants,My Long Experience Will give me the right power to meet new Challenge,focusing to create and contribute For new concepts in production,quality and Environment ,For the best in all.concerned to work on project or to be installed closely to investiguate and study area of request.
thanks.

Hi, I m a local Chinese Singaporean lady in my 50s and looking for traveling partners keen in traveling to Australia, NZ or any English speaking countries.  I would like to go for longer stay/travel and see if the country suits me, whether Im able to find a job (part/full time) for my age and so on........ before I make the decision to relocate there.
Im still working but planning for retirement.  Right now, I have a Quantas ticket place on hold and need to use it before end July 2015.  Anyone keen to travel , please contact me at  email   swong553[at]hotmail.com
We can meet up to discuss. Please reply with your contact or email address if keen.
Thanks and regards

Hi everyone, I am Emily. I moved to new Zealand in June this year. I find it a remarkable place, and cannot wait to explore this beautiful country and its people, even more. I am from south Africa. Looking forward to meeting some of you. Thanks

Hi

I'm a Sri Lankan planning to come to New Zealand (to wellington) and planning to apply for "Silver fern online visa" next year as its already late in this year. I'm a chartered accountant but will not qualify for getting visa under skilled migration category because only "external Auditors" are listed under skilled employment category (I work as a financial controller in Africa).
I want to know how easy to score a job for a sri lankan in NZ and then with the job offer will I be able get the PR?
What benefits will derive from obtaining the PR?
Thank you

Unable to advise you in relation to your employment.  What I can say is that even if you are on the skilled shortage list it is still difficult to find work here.   My husband and I are both health professionals with over 20 years experience and PR and cannot even get to the interview stage. When it comes to employment, the kiwis have a saying "it's not what you know, it's who you know".  That does not apply to everyone of course, but there is a lot of truth in it.

One benefit of getting a PR is that you can apply for NZ citizenship after 5 years which allows you to live and work in Australia.

AUBREY BELEN wrote:

Sir/Mam,
        Im AUBREY BELEN 26years 0ld ,single . I lived in 587San miguel sto tomas batangas.
Im work in Company (HYSONIC PHILS.INC) here in san rafael sto tomas batangas
I want to go to new zealand b'coz i want to help my family.

THANK YOU

For visa information and applications www.immigration.govt.nz

For jobs www.seek.co.nz  or try gumtree

For cost of living www.numbeo.com

Hello' I am here to ask you something. i want study in NZ.Can you tell me about job market for a student  in auckland ? Can i bear my living cost by part-time job? Would you share your own experience ?

Hi there,

I am Phil from Malaysia. I've visited New Zealand a few times and am now thinking of moving there with my family. I am here to find out more about moving to New Zealand, what to expect, and  work / business opportunities in publishing, marketing, and advertising.

I am glad to be part of this community and blog. If there are any anglers I here... A big hello to you and how's fishing?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Phil

Hello, my name is Diego and I am from Peru. I am currently looking for a job as a Mechanical Engineer (Product or Machine Design). I have a partner that will come with me to NZ and we are looking for options. I have researched a lot about immigrations and steps but my main question is:

How much does a mechanical engineer, with 2-3 years of proffesional work experience, earn in a year?

I really have no idea as to how much one has to ask for. Here in Peru I have an idea but in NZ?
Thank you so much and thank god this blog exists.

diegoterc3 wrote:

Hello, my name is Diego and I am from Peru. I am currently looking for a job as a Mechanical Engineer (Product or Machine Design). I have a partner that will come with me to NZ and we are looking for options. I have researched a lot about immigrations and steps but my main question is:

How much does a mechanical engineer, with 2-3 years of proffesional work experience, earn in a year?

I really have no idea as to how much one has to ask for. Here in Peru I have an idea but in NZ?
Thank you so much and thank god this blog exists.

Welcome to the forum

For salary try www.payscale.com or simply Google it.

Hiya. I am Susan from Kerala, India. I am planning to come to Wellington, New Zealand on a student visa in Feb, 2015 to do a masters course. I don't know anyone in Wellington and I look forward to making some friends so I wouldn't be completely alone when I get there.  :D

I am an Ex-Backpacker, I've traveled extensively before deciding to settle with my girl friend in Auckland. I like salsa dancing, cooking, rock climbing, mountaineering.

I love sharing ideas and discovering new ways of life.

My favorite travel experience was in Honduras (central america) when I went to live in in the middle of the rain forest with local populations, learning their way of life.

After years of traveling I want to give back to the traveling community, this is my tribute to all those who have helped me in the most challenging adventures, those who welcomed me in their homes and to all those who today are carrying this amazing traveling bug, helping the world understand each others better one traveler at the time.

airbnb.co.nz/rooms/3962215
Yann

I am a Sri Lankan, got New Zealand Resident Visa and planning the move now. I have more than 10 years Oil & Gas Industry experience in Pipeline Construction in Saudi Arabia.

Anybody here in the same field?

Regards,

Hello my name is Derrek and I am a college student studying in the United States.  I am currently a junior attending a community college to save on money.  I plan on obtaining a Bachelor's degree in Human Biology. I am considering studying abroad and possibly moving.  i thought it would be best to wait and get my Bachelors degree first and then go to graduate school somewhere cheaper.  I am looking to possibly become a doctor and get a degree in the medical field.  Does anyone have any advice?  I don't have a lot of money right now.  I am a vegan and very healthy as I enjoy weight lifting and the outdoors.  I heard organic food is expensive.  I try to buy as much organic food as possible and eat very little processed food. 

What are the pros and cons of moving to Malaysia from the United States?  What else should I consider?  I would to visit Malaysia first but I am not sure if I can afford it.  Does anyone know of anywhere where there is affordable graduate school and good countries to live in?

Hi I'm Karen, my partner and I are moving to NZ in mid may this year from Scotland. I grew up in Australia so looking forward to being (slightly) closer to family, and enjoying landscape and climate relatively similar (perhaps a bit warmer) to Scotland, in the north of the South Island. I'm looking to find work in Marketing and Communications, and perhaps set up a little business in sound therapy as well. The dream is to run a retreat centre.
Both of us are keen mountain bikers and we'll definitely be exploring the mountain bike tracks, so if you are looking for someone to go cycling with give us a shout.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=437617

Thanks!

Closed