New members of the Ukraine forum, introduce yourself here

Hi Everyone

Just married a fantastic young lady in Krivoy Rog. Happily married now after 31 years with the last one. In two minds as to what to do next as the wife wants to go live in England! I have posted some questions on another forum I would like everyone's help with. My name is James and I love Ukraine, its people and the way of life here. Oh and the cheap alcohol costs as well, One English Pound for Two litres of beer, superb, in England its Thirteen English Pounds and twenty pence for two litres in my local pub......

Hello.
My name is Vladymyr Korn.
I am from Ukraine, Kiev. I work in jewelry company Leemas as an investment manager.
We are suggesting to investors and entrepreneurs who have interest in the United Arabian Emirates, Hong Kong markets or other countries and territories the participation in Jewellery Business (Franchise). Ask me for our investment proposal details.

Hello kornva and welcome to Expat.com

You are advised to drop in an advert in the proper section of the site > Classifieds > Business Partners in the country's forum where you are seeking investors. (Check the green banner overhead to find the Classifieds section)

This thread is more for the presentation of new members and to allow them to share with us their expatriation project.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com team

Hey all , Im Dilip and im From India , Im been having one hell of a time to find someone to share an apartment with .
i had no luck for the past 5 months and im living in a hostel currently which s***s so bad !  and yeah just found out about this website and just posted an ad , hope it helps :/
would like to meet new people btw .
peace :)

Indian here too  , Looking for friends ,  but im sure u would have found alot of friends by now :/ just wondering if that offer still stands lol  .. oh and yea dozing off in keiv lol

Hello DilipBk,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Who are you exactly addressing in your last message please? It is quite confusing.  :unsure 

Just a quick tip, always try to mention the person you are replying to in your posts. Makes it easier to follow the thread. ;)

Thank you,

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

Hi all,

Newbie on the Ukraine forum? Don't know how to start?

i am looking for working vacation in Ukraine, which allow me to know culture and life of ukraine along with i can make up for my expense of staying by working simultaneously. Your kind advices will be very helpfull.

with regards,

Suryaksh

Hello! I'm currently live in Western Ukraine, but now thinking about moving to Sweden to work there. I'm ready to do cleaning jobs,  gather berries etc. What city is better for such purposes?
Also I want know about life in Sweden (prices, housing, etc.) I will be grateful if you give me any advice.
Ira. 22 years old, Ukraine

Спасибо за теплый прием ребята, но переезжать пока что я никуда не собираюсь, если реально можете помочь, так это найти людей которые хотят зарабатывать и заинтересуются моей информацией и компанией в которой работаю JEUNESSE GLOBAL полная информация на коротком ролине на сайте povadiana.ecotm.info   справа когда откроется ссылка мое обращение, ролик на русском языке.

Vadim1973 wrote:

Спасибо за теплый прием ребята, но переезжать пока что я никуда не собираюсь, если реально можете помочь, так это найти людей которые хотят зарабатывать и заинтересуются моей информацией и компанией в которой работаю JEUNESSE GLOBAL полная информация на коротком ролине на сайте povadiana.ecotm.info   справа когда откроется ссылка мое обращение, ролик на русском языке.

As this is an ENGLISH speaking forum could you please post in ENGLISH ONLY so that others can understand your post and perhaps offer assistance or advice.
Thank you.

Hi Walter ,read your post ,
My name is Ray from England . I live in Poltava now , I'm retired too, would like to speak with you sometime, either by email or skype.
[email protected]

cheers Ray

Hi! I'm jay i  am planing to move to ukrain.

hi willium
am koko from egypt , 28 years old. electronics engineer and i have good experience in electric power and control .
i going to visit ukraine next month and i will search for new job there and i hope to find it . it's my glade to be friends and meet u there .thanks

name's Andrew. I'm from Kiev. Looking for opportunity to move out from Ukraine cause of economical and political situation.

Hi!
Andrew
Why don't you try India? India is fast growing economy and offer excellent grown and opportunities. I'm based in Mumbai. Please let me know if you require any help.
Vishnu :)

Hi , I am living here in Ternopil in the mid-west of Ukraine , and it's been about 6 months now . And believe me when I say that it's just normal out here .

Hi all my name is Richard Sennie, new on this blog and from Ghana and am looking for a job in Ukraine as a heavy duty mechanic.
I'd be grathful if any one can help,hope to here from you soon. Thank you,

Hi I'm a new mamber, currently living in Ukraine, in Kiev
I'm originally fr Kiev, interested in communication with a native speaking person (English , Spanish). My interests are : tennis , classical musics , It(internet) and going out ).
English, spanish(poco)
Also could advise other members of the site about different life issue in Ukraine )

Thank you for your warm welcome! I would like to meet a Filipino people who are living in Ukraine. Because soon i can be in Cherkassy, Ukraine for a vacation. Thanks.

I just posted a new topic.  I'm a new member.  I'm going to Kiev.  I've not been there since 2003 (loved it).  I need an apartment for a couple weeks.  Any advice would be welcome.  I did find out the hard way renting one outside the city center is a mistake.

Hello all

Welcome to New members of Ukraine forum :par:

Little Reminder

This thread is solely for presentation of new members.

We encourage you browse the forum by ''Forum Categories'', found on the up right side of your screen, to gather useful info.

We have dedicated sections of the site to host adverts you may have found amidst the green top banner of the site.

Feel free to Create a New Thread to share your expat experience!

Looking forward to read you.

Regards,
Gavind

I'm Brian. I live in Lviv.... I got kicked out of Donetsk.

I work with computers.. From San Francisco,CA, USA..

I am coming to Kiev in mid July.  Frankly, I'd like to meet a wife.  You just never know.  Anyway, I have been researching apartments for a couple weeks.  There are about 3 dozen near Maidan Nezalesnosti Square, but I have read horror stories about Americans who have pre-paid for apartments and upon arriving, found the one in the photo is not the one they rented.  You know this scam.  Anyway, maybe I could get you to do a little checking for me, and I could help you with your English.  I am a well traveled English teacher.  In fact I was in Kiev in 2003 so I am very familiar with it and with Ukrainian women.

Hi Brian, Steve here, I was in Lviv in 2003.  I don't know what Donetsk is like, but Lviv is a beautiful city.  I am coming to Kiev in mid July.  I live in the very East Bay -- Martinez.  Don't believe what you see in the movie SAN ANDREAS, San Francisco is still here.

Having an interpreter (a translator is for written materials) in attendance when you meet someone new is extremely inhibiting and distracting, to say nothing of ridiculously expensive. Added to which, the proficiency of the interpreters is frequently debatable. I've seen a number of instances right on this website where “interpreters” have made mistakes in their English. And just how long is this interpreter supposed to dog the footsteps of you and your acquaintance? A far better tactic is to get ahold of an ebook phrasebook that you can use with a Kindle or an iPad or a Nook. An exceptional, brand-new one on the market for Kindle is “Ukrainian Phrasebook, Dictionary, Menu Guide & Interactive Phrasebook”, which has the equivalent of over 1900 pages. It's far and away better than Lonely Planet, Berlitz or Rough Guide. I've used them for different languages and they're frustrating as heck. First you have to figure out what category something is in and then go try to find it. With the Ukrainian e-phrasebook it's arranged like in a dictionary: If you want to ask “Where do you live?”, you look under “live”. And the ebook costs $5.95, about 40% of what your $15-an-hour interpreter charges for one hour. Of course, there's no substitute for just learning the language, but a phrasebook like this can sure be a huge step in that direction. There's also a Russian e-phrasebook by the same publisher and a couple other languages.

i am avneesh,  :) can you give me information about best medical college in ukrain?

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=495061

Thanks!

Closed