New members of the South Korea forum, introduce yourself here

Count on me!

Hi everyone! I'm Deidre. I currently live in the United States and I'm interesting in teaching English in Korea! I'm currently learning Hangul before I begin learning more vocab and phrases. If there is anyone just starting to learn the language or already knows the language, I would love to be able to practicing communicating in Korean or writing in Korean! Just message me! ^_^

Hi Kaue Ravagniani > as you are on an english speaking forum, can you please write in English?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello to everyone >Welcome to Expat.com! Thank you for your introduction :)

Thanks Stumpy, dat will do...

[ Moderated : Expat.com is not a dating site ]

Hi everyone. I'm new in this site and would like to make new friends in Asia. You can write me in English or Spanish.

am brian from kenya ......i am hoping to relocate to korea next year..Right now am studying korea...Am an aviation consultant...i hope to meet other expats here.

Hello,
Glad to find such constructive blog for expats in Korea.
Due to my work and studies, I have been living in different countries for nearly a decade before I came back to Seoul. Have been able to survive abroad on my own only because of the unconditional help and support of many great people who Ive met through the years. I guess its maybe time for the to give back since im back in my town. Would be glad to help you out with info on local destinations (restaurants, pubs, cafes), tourist spot (dont know too much but can advise you some unrevealed locations for foreigners), language issues, and anything youd like to know about Korea but to the limit of my knowledge.
Keep in touch and for those who are already here and yet to come, welcome to Korea!

Hi everyone, am Edward from Uganda. I arrived in Korea  three weeks ego. I will be staying for the next four months while following a short training programme at Korea Rural Economic Institute (KREI). Weekends are most boring time, as I mostly stay indoors for luck of company and also not having some one to take me around. And the street language is a problem. Anyway I will be glad to interact with you people.
God bless you all.

HI everyone , I'm Matt from the UK currently I am working in a language school in Pyeongtaek just outside of Seoul and only moved here last Thursday. I am looking to try and meet people/other expats to hang out with have laugh with whilst i'm here. If anyone is interested let me know.

hello from Woosong University
Been here since march.. going well
in charge of solpine restaurant and do some demo gigs
here with wife patricia.. college grad,, English major.. needs a job..anything that doesn't require a teaching degree or masters...

Hi~ I'm Clover and I live in Daegu. I speak English and Korean and would love to language exchange (especially interested in French and Spanish) or be friends with you guys and share the Korean culture with you~ I broke my phone and I'm getting a new one today so if you're interested just let me know~:)

Although I have no recommendation I wish you the best and greatly admire you. feel free to contact me anyway.

hello! I'm abby from Korea  :D 
I live in Busan now and i lived Seoul for a year in 2013.

I love traveling and riding a bike.
I've been to Newzealand, Norway, Sweden and Denmark. also, i tripped all over the Korea by train and bike.
after I visited northern Europe, I'm so interested in their culture and language. I really want to learn Swedish!
I speak Korean and English.
If you need any help in Korea and about korea, don't hesitate to ask me.
I would like to help since i had help from many people.
anyway good to see you guys  :D

Hi iam kumar from india.Iam living in seoul at gangdong...I just want to find a good job and good friends

Hi! Spanish speaker here! I´m learning (or trying) Korean!

Hello abby thank for you support... I want to go to south korean next year. My plan are study korean language and know many places... My English skills are a little advance  jeje so I hope with this skills communicate and don't loss

Hi, I am relocating to Seoul in the next few days and will be seeking sights, sounds and company! ! Be working at an international school so will be in need of lots of outside interest so I dont become a total workaholic!! :) Any suggestions, hints or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very for being so kind and i must ask do you not like driving but then again I have driven in Seoul lol.

Hey! I've been living in Korea since January.

I'm living near Busan and am interested in making some new friends in the area! Shoot me a message if you want to hang sometime!

hi melisab. nice to know that u r learning korean. i hav  also started to learn. its interesting. keep in touch . we can assist each other in the learning process.

hi Elin. good to find u here. i have started to learn korean language and its interesting. i have a lot of things to know about korea. i want to learn the correct pronunciation of the korean words. help me in doing that and i will help u in english. thanks by the way.  :)

Hello Friends,

I am Aajayy from Mumbai , India. Am visiting Seoul on the 17th September for a business meet .Shall be putting up near Gangnam-Gu and would be there till the 20th September .

This is my first vist to Korea and would like to make new friends.

Hope to hear from you friends !!!

brgds,

Aajayy

Hello Kumar,

Good to know that you are from India and in Korea.

Shall be glad to catch up with you.

good luck brother. i have heard korea is the most awesome place to visit. u are lucky to visit it. bring back some pictures from korea or post them here to see how it is. enjoy ur time there and also teh food.

So great mate
I think everyone can be friend
I wish you got the good job.
And have many nice friend

try approachin directly to the employers for a job. by the way, wat job are u looking ?

Hi everyone!

I'm Mira and i'm from malaysia.
And im going to korea next year (2015) for a holiday.  I hope i can meet people that are living in korea from malaysia. I hope we can meet! Love to make new friends :):)

Hi! I'm mira and a high school student

Hello, I'm Kerrie, I recently moved to Geoje but I don't really know anyone here yet! Send me a message if you live in the area and would like to meet up one weekend for drinks :)

Elin3426 wrote:

Hi!
I'm Korean and a high school student!
I live in Jinju, a little city in Gyeong sang nam do, and I used to live in Seoul.
It's the first time to post something in English T.T
I hope I could make friends a lot :)
It'll be cool if I can learn English from you and help Korean to you!

hi elin !! are u from jinju city? i happen to know some friends from jinju as well when i was in beijing!

Hi everybody,

I come from Greece and I am moving to Seoul on Sept 1st. The last 3 years I have worked and lived in Saoudi Arabia, Vietnam and India. It was a great period of time and I met some lovely people both expats and locals. Seoul will be my home for the next 2 years (at least) and so I really want to establish a good network of friends.

What makes me feel happy? Hang out with friends, neverending discussions about everything and most of all, I love people who like to share things like culture, way of thinking, ideas, opinions, knowledge, information etc. Newbie in this Metropolis, I will need  lot of guidance. But hey, I have lots to give.

Luckily I have secured a very good job and accommodation. But we all know that the key to a balanced life is our friends and relatives. So, do not hesitate to contact me for any reason.

Look forward to meeting you all...... I am really excited!

Cheers
Steven

Hallo everybody!!
My name is Ama, I'm currently in the Netherlands. I'm doing a bachelor degree in Media and Entertainment Management. I'm hoping to graduate at the end on November. After that I want to live and work in Korea.
I fell in love with Korea in 2006 and started to learn everything about Korea. My Hangul is still really bad, because there are no Koreans and Korean schools in my area.
In 2010 I finally got the chance to go to Korea through the Summer Program at Dankook. I loved it and fell at home. It was like I always lived in Korea. In 2012 I did the Summer Program again and this time I also stayed 2 week extra to visit friends in Busan.
I've been trying to find a job in Korea, but it's really difficult if you are not a native English speaker.
If anybody has tips or even a job offer LET ME KNOW!!
I've got a college degree as an Art, Culture and Media social worker, I've worked in as an entertainer in a British hotel in Lanzarote, I've worked in restaurant etc. If you want to get my full CV, just let me know^^

Hi everyone! Just moved here in SK last April. Would like to meet new friend livingin Daejon. It's the city where I currently live in. I'm married to a korean, had my baby when I came here. Hope to meet you guyz! Please share me your experiences here as well. I'm not yet familiar with the places here especialy in my city which I already mentioned, Daejon! Feel free to message me! Thanks!   :top:

Hello everyone! I'm Malaysian and looking forward to moving in South Korea. I'd love to work and live there, but I wonder if my qualifications could match any jobs. any help?

Hello 😊I'm Chinese from Malaysia . I'm planning moving to Korea. I would like to stay there to work and study. Any idea for that? I'm 18years old, I went there for my dream ~ I don't have spm , can I study at Korea?

Hello , you are Chinese?

Hello, everyone. I am Elle. I've been living in South Korea for almost 9 months now. I live in Seoul, but more so on the outskirts. Just wanted to kind of say hi--I've been lurking around this website for a while now, but never really introduced myself on the forums. So, yeah--that's it!  :D

Welcome!

Hello All ,

I am new to this forum but not new to Korea. I am living and working in Korea for the last 4 years. I lived in Incheon during my first year. Then after, I am working in Seoul and living in Bucheon. So, I am here in this forum like an Old wine in New bottle ;). I love to meet people from different corners of the world coming to Korea. We all expats here (registered as Aliens with Ko-gov :) ) should come together to create a galaxy (not samsung one ;) ) but not with STAR-WARS.

For those who are already in Korea : Have a nice stay... Eat,Explore,Teach,Travel,Meet and Tweet.
For those who are dreaming to land in Korea :  Good Luck. May your dream come true.
For those who are fed up or vexed with life in Korea (I guess no one here) : Please be a guide to newbies  out of your (frustrating, if any) experiences.

Is there any other category I still missing  :/:/

Closed