New members of the Australia forum, introduce yourself here

I am from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia wanting to migrate to. Adelaide...with 2 kids and a wife...been a business owner all my life...how difficult to start a business in Adelaide? Appreciate your advice...

Its not difficult to set up a business, I know of a sincere person who can help...
We on the other hand, bought a business here and consulted him too for advice.
Contact me here - [email protected] if you want his contact, then, you can discuss amongst yourselves.
Btw, we liked Adelaide too...its pretty but we are now in NSW :)

Hi all, I'm Italian but I've been living abroad since 2004. I'm an MFL teacher, currently stay at home mum, I have three little children and with them I follow my husband around the world, wherever his job takes us. We have been living in Melbourne for the last 9 months, so far so good. It would be nice making new expats friends, get the children play together and have fun.  :)

Hi All,
My name is Ida. Originally from Indonesia, been in Oz since 1997. Looking forward to expand my networking so here i am on expat-blog. Thx

hi all
i m Vietnam women, my husband staying Darwin nt. My husband have a plan for me go to Australia. I m waiting for visa, in this time we try to start furniture business ( hard wood)
I love my husband, and i love your country :heart:

Hi, my name is Regina, Im a Indonesian Chinese who was born at Pontianak, KalBar. And then later I move to Taiwan for study. Im gonna visit Perth in this early June and plan to stay there for one year doing working holiday. Really would love to meet new friends. Thanks.

Regina

hi all! I'm mark, 37 years old, from Denmark but now living in Spain, I'd like to move someday to australia and would like to meet australians.  :)

my email: [email protected]  :)

My name is Yahvinah, I have been living in Melbourne for 12 years. I am now a citizen, and study. Lately been feeling a bit funny and homesick, so thought I would try to connect with some other expats and see how they manage!

losolitru.blogspot.comwe are new in the forum. We are a family of three, living in Colombia. Our short-term goal is moving to Oz. Right now we are improving our english level and the plan is to place the application by the end of this year. We have a three years old girl and she is our main reason to leave this country. Among a lot of personal believings that are also the ingredients of this migration adventure. We run a blog about this project so if you want to visit it, you are so welcome, it is written in spanish but in the next days we are going to start writing it in english in order to practice the language, also, if you find some gramatical mistake, please feel free to point it to us, we will be grateful with the corrections.
This is the blog:   losolitru.blogspot.com
Kisses

i am abrha hailay i am leaving now in Ethiopia.i am learning civil engineering in Ethiopia . i want to do my masters program
in Australia...and i will help by my department to Australia with the cooperation of the university.

Hi, I am from South-Africa. I have a National Diploma in Civil Engineering and is currently working on a Uranium mine near Swakopmund in Namibia. I am very serious about moving to Australia, but I need a sponsor to get over there. Can someone please help me with contact details of someone who could possibly help me? Or if someone can show me the ropes, it would be wonderful!

heey everyone i m Oussema i m 23 years old and  i ll be graduated as interior architect in this week  , i m also a basketball player in a team here in Tunisia .. i m kind of athletic guy , i pratique sparfishing , wind surf , go to gym regulary ... and i want to have some informations about how to go to Australia  from Tunisa and maybe immigrate work there or play  basketball  it s a dream for me i really love everything about it ! ... the problem is that there is no australian embassy in Tunisia so i can have informations .. please if someone can help or Tunisians who lives in Australia please contact me ... thank you very much :))

Hi all,
Iam new member. I am applying a 2-years-scholarship in Australia. Hoping that I will success, by then I will have more things to share. BTW, I am an easy going Vietnamese girl who love reading, travelling and swimming. I'm glad to join this forum and want to be friend with you ^^

hello there....im iresha originally  from srilanka and currently working in kuwait as a beautician....looking for a  chance to move to Aussie... if someone can help me please inbox me...my mail id is [email protected] you

rose jay wrote:

hello there....im iresha originally  from srilanka and currently working in kuwait as a beautician....looking for a  chance to move to Aussie... if someone can help me please inbox me...my mail id is [email protected] you

Welcome to EB.

To be brutally honest you will not get a visa to work in Australia as beautician work can be done by locals
For visa information and applications www.immi.gov.au

Hi, my family and I are originally from Zimbabwe, moved to South Africa for a few years and have now settled in Brisbane. 
We love it here in Brisbane but we're finding it difficult to make friends. My husband and I are in our early 40's and my son and his girlfriend who is also from South Africa are in their early 20's.
We would love to meet up with other Zimbabwean or South African families in Brisbane.
Luis, Gayle, Nic and Carla

Hi All,

I am living in India. I am a PeopleSoft Consultant with 4 years of experience. i am planning to move to Australia and I am taking baby steps towards it. Please help me

iamsgk wrote:

Hi All,

I am living in India. I am a PeopleSoft Consultant with 4 years of experience. i am planning to move to Australia and I am taking baby steps towards it. Please help me

Welcome to EB
First step is to find out whether you qualify for a visa.For visa information and applications www.immi.gov.au 

Just be aware that unemployment is rising, the new govt is increasing taxes and they are tightening up the immigration policy. Companies will employ locals first and unless you have a skill that no one here in Australia has then it will be very difficult for you to come here.

Australia is an expensive country to live,having the 4th most expensive economy in the world.

Thanks Stumpy,

Yes, I read a lot about it. I am trying to settle down in New zealand or in Australia. As per my analysis Peoplesoft has got lot of market. Need expertise views on this guys..

Hi All.

My name Hairul. I want to explore my experience in Logistic-Warehouse-Transport-Distribution .  I am from JakartA (Indonesia). Contact me at [email protected] if a vacant position.

Thanks
Hairul

hairul wrote:

Hi All.

My name Hairul. I want to explore my experience in Logistic-Warehouse-Transport-Distribution .  I am from JakartA (Indonesia). Contact me at [email protected] if a vacant position.

Thanks
Hairul

Welcome to EB.

To be brutally honest you will not find work in Australia. For visa information and applications www.immi.gov.au

Hi how you doing myself Rony from  Melbourne. .can we become friends
Cheers

:D Happy to be here.  Thank you for having a forum available.  I am the new kid on the block.  I am form Los Angeles, California and want to relocate to Australia and here to learn from all of you folks about best ways to do this.  I have been reviewing Visas and things and just kinda discouraged.  I am aware I possess a good skill set:  Sales/Marketing/Custome Relations and more  - it just about putting it all together.  Thanks and Cheers!

JillianPress wrote:

:D Happy to be here.  Thank you for having a forum available.  I am the new kid on the block.  I am form Los Angeles, California and want to relocate to Australia and here to learn from all of you folks about best ways to do this.  I have been reviewing Visas and things and just kinda discouraged.  I am aware I possess a good skill set:  Sales/Marketing/Custome Relations and more  - it just about putting it all together.  Thanks and Cheers!

Welcome to EB.

I suppose you have checked out www.immi.gov.au for visa information etc.  I suggest you read other posts regarding coming to Australia.
It is an expensive place to live. Oz now has the 4th highest cost economy in the world. Jobs are getting harder to get for locals so expats will find it more so. Unemployment is rising.
For cost of living www.numbeo.com.

Don't let me put you off, but this is the reality so be aware of this when you decide to come over our way.

Hi Stumpy:  Yes, been on the Immigration website and all...Thanks.  My feeling is If the Universe wants me over in Sydney it will happen (You know Law of Attraction).  I had a lot of interest in my skill set when I was over there....so will just see.  I did not think to pursue further.  I would love to study also so maybe I can just go over and study or?  Thanks!

Hi Regina,
                    Love to meet you if you come to Sydney, you can contact me mobile 0418276120 or email me [email protected]

Nicky Pillay

Hello!
My name is Fred, I'm Belgian - Australian.
I have been living in various places over the years (Belgium, The Netherlands, Mexico, Spain, DMC, Emirates) and now Australia that I call home since 2005. I have spent the last 7 years in Esperance (WA), but am now living in Perth.
I would be glad to help you with your questions in French, Dutch, Spanish as well.
Best regards,
Fred

Hi all...!

Recently moved to Sydney couple of weeks back..! was earlier based in Belgium for couple of years..!

Now with Sydney calling, looking forward explore more of city and coutryside culture..! and at same time to meet up
expats and locals here..!

Best regards..
Nitin

Hi, I'm Alex.

Have been living in Oz for the past 14 years across the east Brisbane/Melbourne and now in WA Perth.

I came to Oz in 2000 to do my Uni. Originally from Ukraine.

Hola mi nombre es Constanza tengo 21 años y me gustaría ir a estudiar a australia , la verdad es que necesito primero fortalecer mi ingles , por lo tanto necesito un buen instituto , tengo familiares allá por lo tanto no tengo problemas en donde vivir , necesito ayuda y orientación en cuanto a la visa , ya que no se con que visa debo irme ni cuanto tiempo me durará , mi idea es irme muy pronto, toda ayuda e información me será muy útil. También me encantaría conocer a jóvenes que lograron el sueño mio y me cuenten que tal todo por allá.

paz olejnik wrote:

Hola mi nombre es Constanza tengo 21 años y me gustaría ir a estudiar a australia , la verdad es que necesito primero fortalecer mi ingles , por lo tanto necesito un buen instituto , tengo familiares allá por lo tanto no tengo problemas en donde vivir , necesito ayuda y orientación en cuanto a la visa , ya que no se con que visa debo irme ni cuanto tiempo me durará , mi idea es irme muy pronto, toda ayuda e información me será muy útil. También me encantaría conocer a jóvenes que lograron el sueño mio y me cuenten que tal todo por allá.

Welcome to the forum. 
As this is an Anglophone forum could you please post in ENGLISH so that members can understand your post and perhaps offer information or advice. Thank you.

Hi everyone,

My name is Rumana. I moved to Sydney in 1995. I am the Co-Founder of an exciting food startup - mamaCOOKoo.

We find amazing home cooks throughout Sydney and connect them with people who demand a home cooked meal ;)

I know you must miss food from home, so through mamaCOOKoo I want to connect you back with your home food. If you are either a passionate cook or a foodie, and you live in Sydney, I would love to hear from you.

Cheers,
Rumana

Hi everyone!

My name is Diana. I'm a 28 year old mexican English teacher with a Bachelor's Degree in Teaching Foreign Languages and a Master's Degree in Education. I want to go to Australia to study and take it from there. I would love to expatriate myself to this country, though I want to experience living for a few months over there to see if I actually like it. I have applied for some Masters Degrees at different universities in Queensland and got accepted into all them. Sadly, I missed the deadline to apply for a complete scholarship, so now I´m looking for some VET courses which I can afford to pay.

I would love to go to the Sunshine Coast, though there is an agent who is trying to convince me to go for Brisbane instead. She says it's less expensive and has more casual job opportunities for International studies. I don´t know how true this is and would like some comments regarding this situation.

Blessings!!

Hi,
I am shafiqul islam from Bangladesh. I am an honours graduate and master degree holder from mathematics. I have been working as an officer at the largest state owned leading commercial bank of the country since 2009. I am too much interested to move Australia.
My contact email:
[email protected]
And
Cell Phone: +8801713680003

I am Jignesh Jani Born in Mumbai and settled in Melbourne, I am Australian Citizen since few yrs, I work as SAP Consultant. I enjoy travelling to different part of world as tourist with my wife and 2 kids after doing my home work on TripAdvisor, Lonely Planet Google etc and book itinerary myself :-)

HI all! I am Ratana. i am from Cambodia . Living as  a student in a university of teaching skill. Nice to see you all.

Hello all member

Myself Jaswinder from Sydney, another newbie of expat-blog.

Hello!

Good Day to all!  I am Daniel, I am international agent for real estate company. I am visiting Aussie this August for a business trip, Its my first time to visit Australia and my company will send me there and I am wondering how to get a visa approval in easy way because my company told me to try tourist visit, I have relatives also there who can help me to send personal letter. We dont have letter coming from the company thats why i hesitate to get a business visa. I need to get some opinion what type of visa will easy to get if tourist?  :) thanks.

Best Regards,
Daniel

danetabile wrote:

Hello!

Good Day to all!  I am Daniel, I am international agent for real estate company. I am visiting Aussie this August for a business trip, Its my first time to visit Australia and my company will send me there and I am wondering how to get a visa approval in easy way because my company told me to try tourist visit, I have relatives also there who can help me to send personal letter. We dont have letter coming from the company thats why i hesitate to get a business visa. I need to get some opinion what type of visa will easy to get if tourist?  :) thanks.

Best Regards,
Daniel

If you do not intend to work or chase up real estate you can come on a tourist visa.  Sounds to me like you will be working so you will need a business visa. To get the letter I suggest you contact real estate agents here with an outline of what you are looking for and perhaps you may get the letter.

Hi all,

I am an employee of the University of Pretoria in South Africa and I have been given the heavy task of liaising with graduates living in different parts of the world, including Australia.

The Vice-Chancellor and Principal of the University of Pretoria (UP or Tukkies) is hosting an informal cocktail function for alumni and their partners in Melbourne, Australia.

If you are an alumnus of Tukkies then our Vice-Chancellor, Prof Cheryl de la Rey, would really like for you to honour her with your presence at this event.

The information is as follows:

Date:        Tuesday 22 July 2014
Time:        18:00 for 18:30
Venue:    The Aria Bar and Lounge, Langham Melbourne Hotel, 1 Southgate Avenue, Southbank, Melbourne
Dress:        Smart Casual/Office wear
Cost:        Free (only include juice, wine and light snacks)  Alumni will also receive a gift.

Kindly contact me at [email protected] in order for me to send you the formal invitation and Confirmation of Attendance form which should be returned to me by Friday 11 July 2014.

Thanking you.

Kind regards,

Thabo Mangoenyane
Alumni Relations
Dept. of University Relations
University of Pretoria
E-mail: [email protected]

Closed