New members of the Belgium forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Belgium forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Belgium if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello,

I am from Brazil, been living in Belgium since last november for an aupair year. I am currently learning dutch and french and I am greatly looking forward to find and opportunitie to stay in Belgium longer either studying (master depending on earning scholarships) or finding any other job than aupair to start a career and save for future studyings. Any tip would be greatly appreciated, and look forward to hear from your own stories.

Bests,

Daline Aguilera

Hello,

My name is Saleh from Dubai, UAE. in Antwerp since Sept. of last year. Attending a Master course in Uni. of Antwerp. no future plans to stay in Belgium, matter of study only. Great country, its central geographic location makes it an ideal start point to travel around Europe. Glad to be in Belgium.

Regards,

Hi there!
Angela from Galway, Ireland moving to Belgium with Hubbie Steve and two little girls aged nearly 5 and nearly 7 at end of June this year.  First expat contract so excited but nervous and not a lot of free time to spend on investigating options.  However, I am very lucky as little sister is living in Central Brussels and a great support.  However - schools and family living still a little challenging!!  We will get there and look forward to lots of time on this blog!!

I am from Brazil, currently living in Antwerp, Belgium, where I work as as teacher at Antwerp International School. I have a blog with tips for expats and travelers, the URL is brainyexpat.com, and I am looking forward to making new connections!

Hello,
I'm Belgian and living in Brussels, but through my activities I often meet people from various countries. I sometimes answer to some expat's questions like finding a nice place to do this or that. I also like this nice opportunity to exchange teaching or conversation in French with other languages I need or like to learn.
Regards,
"Baila"

Hello lovely people im zeidi from kenya i moved to belgium last year in june and stay in evergem oost vlaanders im currently learning dutch and looking for a job! I had a babyin october and he is almost five months and i look forward to meeting other expats to share experiences and ideas :)

Hi!!

Me I'm an spanish,  catalan,  english and primary school teacher too.
I'm living in Antwerpen and studying Dutch and looking for a job.
I speak french too and was teaching spanish and english all levels and ages in BCN,  my city.
I like very much having this oportunity to be an ex-pat!!! , right now i'm with burocracy and paperback,
I'd like to find a job to be able to live here for some years.
Let's see ...
Montse

Hello,

I just arrived in Belgium last week to start a 2 year post-doc research position :-) I am living in Brussels.

I am Irish but have lived (for study & work) many places over the past 10 years. I came to Belgium from East Germany where I spent 3 & 1/2 years completing my PhD research.

I love to run, read, go to the movies, bake, hike, dance (even if I'm not very good!), many other things.......... I would really like to meet some new people, make some new friends and explore this lovely country.

I'm very interested to hear about any get together, events, random meetings where new people are welcome to join in also!

Thanks,

G :-)

Hi My name is Asad Mukhtar and i from Pakistan. I have been living in Brussels since 2011. I am searching for any kind of a job like dish washing, kitchen assistance or for doing the cleaning in restaurants\pizzeria\hotel or anywhere else. I am energetic,honest, trustworthy, multi tasking and able to manage more than one task at a time.

Dears,
I am an Iranian psychiatrist.I am 45 and I work as a psychiatrist in my two private offices for 13 years and I have more than 17000 psychiatric patients in Tehran-Iran.
I am graduated from Iran university of medical science and got my psychiatric board from there.I have a lot of experience in treating psychiatric patients both inpatient and outpatient.I admit my patients in 3 major psychiatric hospital(Iranian-Meymanat-Payambaran).I have about 3000 child psychiatric patients and 14000 adult psychiatric patients.I can speak English very well and I know Arabic and French to some extent.
I have passed a lot of past graduate short  courses  in Iran in every field.I am very energetic and full of experience.
I think I can hold any psychiatric position very good.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you in advance,we remain.
Yours

HELLO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN?
AM 31  AM A PROJECT CORDINATOR WRITING ALL TYPES OF PROJECT FROM NON GOVERMENTAL TO BUSINESS ORIENTED, am currently living in france but at the same time i would like to meet Rwandan and burundi friends living in france and belguim and beyond -. I hope to hear from you soonest.
Stay blessed

Hello guys,

I just arrived in Brussels 2 weeks ago from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, it's big a change in my life from a tropical and all-year sunny country to the cold and cloudy weather of Europe. I'm happy nonetheless and trying to finish my studies in Mass Communication.

I am Algerian but have lived in many different places for work and studies and been travelling all around the world ever since i was a little bambino ^^.

I love all kind of different activities, from movies to books, dancing to running, fitness to hiking and of course travelling which is my number 1 hobby.

I'm looking forward to meet new people and make new friends, please do keep me in touch if there's any get together going on.

Thx.

Hi people!
My name is Pingkan Lydia. I'm from Jakarta, Indonesia. I'm going to study in Antwerp for supply chain management starting this September.
I am looking for opportunities of part time or internship in supply chain related subject for experiences.
Currently I'm still in Jakarta, dealing with papers and taking Dutch course.
If you have any info or tips, I'd really appreciate it.
Many thanks in advance!

Cheers

hie im john and am currently living and working in South Africa . My country of origin is Zimbabwe, i m planning to move to belgium in the near future so your i would greatly appreciate your advice

Hello,
I went to Antwerp last year, deals with teaching field, and the field of music [composer, writer, tenor]
I am caring, [WSM age 38], with an excellent character, know how to listen, and enjoy quiet moments.
I'd love to meet new friends, enjoy intelligent conversation with positive energy ....
I'd love to hear from you!
Alokhim bless you!
Michael

Please call me or write me.

(Moderated: Please avoid leaving your phone number on the forum)
Thank you!
Good day!
----------

Hello.

I'm Mateja. I come from Croatia. I'm 23 years. I come in Belgium for new start in my life. I try found any job.I finish school for cook. I start learning Dutch, but i talk Croatian and English. I live in Zavenetem.

Regrets

Mateja

Welcome!
I would love to hear from you
Have a lovely day!
Michael

wooliejumper wrote:

Hello,

I just arrived in Belgium last week to start a 2 year post-doc research position :-) I am living in Brussels.

I am Irish but have lived (for study & work) many places over the past 10 years. I came to Belgium from East Germany where I spent 3 & 1/2 years completing my PhD research.

I love to run, read, go to the movies, bake, hike, dance (even if I'm not very good!), many other things.......... I would really like to meet some new people, make some new friends and explore this lovely country.

I'm very interested to hear about any get together, events, random meetings where new people are welcome to join in also!

Thanks,

G :-)

What an interesting and diverse group of people!  That's why I fell in love with Belgium.  I am planning on attending Vrije University in Brussels, beginning September 2014, and will enroll in the LLM program in International Law.  I am a lawyer in my home country of the United States.  I like to do just about anything, but I like the simple pleasures in life: being with friends, laughing, talking, eating, running, going to shows, just having fun.  I am interested in meeting new people, so drop me a line if you feel so inclined. :)

Hi my name is Galateia and I come from Greece. Let's see what's new...!
bon weekend alors et a bientot!
bisous!

Hello Everyone

I am recently been relocated to this Country, currently living in Brussels, Belgium, I am an IT Professional work in a Financial Sector at Brussels.  I am looking forward to making new Friends and connections! to make my stay pleasent...

Cheer
Anurag

Hi All,

This is Anshul. I'm originally from Delhi and currently working in New York, USA.

I have got an offer from a Big 4 firm in Brussels Belgium and I'm in the process of negotiating salary. I have the following question and any help from you would be greatly appreciated.

I'm currently working in a Big 4 treasury consulting firm in New York, USA with more than 6 years of work experience. I have got an offer from a company in Brussels Belgium and I wanted to know what should be the expected salary for my experience to move there. Both me and my wife will be moving there and initially only I'll be working as my wife would require a visa sponsorship to work there.

What should be the expected salary gross and net after taxes, what range should be the other expenses like rent, groceries, car and gas, daily living expenses. Any help here would be highly appreciated as I need to discuss the expected salary next week. Thanks!   :|

Regards
Anshul

Hi,

I'm Rebeca from Brazil and I'll visit Brussels on my next vacations, on June.
I'm looking forward to meet the place and new people. It's my first time in Europe.

So, feel free to contact me :)

Kindest regards to all,
Tommaso

are u anywhere near arlon...

Hey everyone, I'm Jaimee I'm from Canada. I moved to Belgium in August 2013. I have a travel blog - feel free to check it out here -- > facebook.com/travel.pray.love.blog

Due to some visa issues I have to return to Canada for a couple months, but I love belgium and I plan on moving back as soon as I can.

Anyone know how expats can get jobs? English speaking preferred?

Hi! my I'm Flavia. I moved to Brussels a week ago for an internship. Looking forward to meet new people and enjoy my time in here.

hello dears I am Andreea Corina,I am in Belgium(Antwerpen) from 2009.and I am a very calm and friendly person, i am very patient with children. I like to work as a nanny/babysitter because i love children. I have 4 years of experience as a nanny in Belgium and i can give good reference.

Hello I'm Marcin and I've recently moved to Brussels from UK. So this is my fourth country I've been living and I hope the one I stay in for a longer time:)

Looking forward to meet you guys,
Cheers,
Marcin

Hi
I am a student in Human Resources Management. I always had a special fascination for expatriates and I would like to become one later. I love traveling, discover new cultures, and read and learn about them.

[Moderated: off topic]

Chloé

Hello,
well, my name is Fatine i came from Spain to look for a job due the crisis over their. i am looking for a work as a babysitter, housekeeping or taking care of old people. i have a long experience in these fields and i still have contact with the people with whom i work. i speak English, Frensh,Spanish, arabic and some flemish.
For the time being, i am in desperate need of a work to rely on myself and i lead my life if you can help me i would be very thankful and very grateful.

with all my best regards, Fatine

Hello

I am Kerli from Estonia, now living in Antwerpen. I came to Belgium March, last year to work as horse groom in show-jumping stable in Deinze. Now decided to move on and start language school and find new job in Antwerpen.
Looking forward to meet new people!

Hi.i m from pakistan living in belgium since 2008 dec.2 kids born here.done my mbbs degree from karachi.now housewife :) just want to meet great people here .thanks

Hello,
I am also from Pakistan but in KSA - Jeddah from 22 years, I know being housewife so many responsibilities, but if you have time and comfort, then reply. I am planning to visit Belgium in October'14 from Paris, I have been in London, Paris as visitors. I have send so many e-mails to our Pakistani Brothers in Belgium  but no response, but being sister I may get your reply, my e-mail id: [email protected].

best regards

Br. Waqar Hussain

Hi,
I am from Pakistan and i have got admission to Ghent Univiersity in a Master Program and now i am preparing my documents of Visa Application.

I need some help and guiduelines regarding this.Can you please help or send me the contact of some one in Beligum who has recently gone through Beligian student visa process recently so that i can learn from their experiences and make my application a success.

Regards,

hi. im Benadate from kenya, i would love to move to Belgium to further my studies there
i im just through with my Diploma in purchasing and supplies chain management..
looking forward to move and learn the new culture and language
thankyou :-)

im 24 years and im also looking for a scholarship to study in Belgium

Hello all,

My name is Roma; it's good to be here.

Just another Italian-American chick looking for buddies in Brussels>> I'm a polyglot, an avid camper, walker, writer and debutant cyclist, who's into cool people, good music and a cold beer at the end of the day.

I've been in Belgium for a little over a year now...

Thanks!

Anyone base around Mechelen? i move to Belgium from England a little over a year ago and been in Mechelen for around 6 months

Closed