New members of the England forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the England forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in England if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi,
I am Gina from Romania, a social worker who would like to learn and practice the British child protection model. I don't know how to do this step yet, so if there is somebody willing to give me some tips, I would be very grateful. I have over 10 years experience in this field and I would like to continue developing my skills in a new context. Thank you!

Hi Julien,
My experience abroad is not  a very long one. I came to the UK in May last year and I lived and worked for aproximately 6 mounths in Guildford. Since December I live in Brighton and I like it very much. I just willing to see the city atmosphere in Spring and Summer.
Before coming to England I lived in Romania for 4 moths because of a job in a Spanish company.
So that is briefly what I can say about my experience abroad.

Hi all. I am from Hungary and  I live in the country 9 years now. Some time ago I red somewhere online  that British expat. found it hard that being in  Hungary for 3-6 months thsy still don't have any friends there (by not speaking a word in Hungarian...and most Hungarian don't  speak English either). I speak English and also spoke from the very beginning  and had no one time a single friend in this country. Is anyone here having the same problem?

Hello Julien,

I just joined Expat.com and happy to be a part of it. This I believe is a wonderful way to familiarize the expat destinations, seek guidance/advice and exchange views etc. I have been in the UK for about 5 years now. Still trying to analyse how the restaurant business works here with everything from rent , wages to rates very high but the menu prices. Don't see much traffic either in many places either. Just can't gather how they meet the ends let alone making profits.

Best regards,
Janaka.

Hi Julien

I'm from mauritius and been in uk for some time. I live in Poole and looking forward to speak creole, share gateaux piments with fellow expats sometime in the near future.

Jamalac1

Hi there. I'm Liz.
I was born in England, but my family moved to Canada when I was young. I'm planning on moving back there this year with my boyfriend. We're working on the visa for him now. I'm a British citizen but I know moving back to England is going to make me feel like an expat there, as I'm more Canadian, even though I've visited lots.
I'm enjoying the resources here, particularly the blog listings. :)

Hi. I'm Anna from Naples( Italy). I'm 20 years old and I study languages at university.
I would like to be an exapt, but I'm already planning the travel and the things to do.
My favourite destination is Leeds.
I'm trying to obtain a great number of informations about it.

Hi,
I'm from morroco , I intend to settle down in London in next few month , maybe in two or three months.
I'm going  to london for work, as I got a job opportunity in IT domain.
I'm glad to be part of this community , I hope I will make friends here , to feel less lonely once arrived to London.
This is a wonderful experience for me , even if I don't know anyone in England , I still confident and positive.
Feel free to contact me .
I speak french and arabic also.
All you advices are welcome here!

Hi Julien,

I am from Washington DC now living in London town. Just joined Expat.com-wish I had found it sooner! Life here for me is akin to Alice in Wonderland. Just amazed by the sheer strangeness of it all but love it nonetheless.

Cheers

Samantha

Hello people! i am Ravhan from india , i am study in mechanical engineering. i was already member here but i am come here after a long time .

Hi everyone!
I'm Irene from Malaysia. I'm looking to move to the UK within a year or so as my boyfriend is there. I'm currently a radio news reader/writer, and am looking to find a job there before I move. I joined this forum to find out more about job opportunities, get financial and healthcare advice and meet more people! :)

[Moderated: please post in the Personal and household services jobs in England section]

Hi al!
I'm Lucy from Italy, my husband' s got a good job in Oxford and we would like to hove some informations about living there... we need a house, a school for our daughter that is 2 yars old and possibly a job for me! Actually I work in a bank :)
Thank you!

Hi all!
I'm Sara!

I was born and raised in Texas, but six months ago I moved to England. I started blogging as a way to stay in touch with friends and family back home. Can't wait to check out everyone else's blogs and hear other expat stories!

xoxo
bristolinmypocket.blogspot.co.uk

Salmo Alikom,
My name is Mohsine. iam Moroccan living in Dubai. i will move in September 2014 to study in Salford Manchester. i have no one there. i want to contact with you to help me know about life in Manchester. Many thanks and God bless you
Regards
Mohsine

Hi there!

My name is Doireann, I'm from Ireland and I'm moving to London very soon and was just wondering if anyone knows where the best and cheapest ( but not a shit hole :) ) area that is easily accessible and a bit of craic?? I'm moving over with me fella and a male friend :) thanks x

Hi All! I've moved to the UK last year, Manchester area. I came from Portugal and this is my first experience abroad.

Hi, the name's Jacky. I currently live in suburban Toronto, Canada. IMO this place is alright, not great. Based on my research, England isn't too distinct from here. My dad has spent some time in England, and liked it. Originally, I wanted to move to England. But I'm more interested in Australia. I'll definitely visit England and even live there for 6-12 months. Australia will be permanent. England is warmer, with richer history,and lower crime rate etc) and I'd like to experience it. Have been wishing to go there for a while now. Immigrating there isn't simple, but certainly possible. I can picture myself temporarily living in England.

Hello my name is Lindsay, I am a 21 years old Frenchie and I live in Brighton since last saturday! However, I am here for an internship at the Guardian in London for the next 5 months and I do not know anything about these 2 places ( it means that I do not know the places to hang out and cool people to talk to :-) )
See you soon I hope!

Hi everyone!

I'm Marisol from Caracas, and soon to be an expat in England and i was wondering if there's any venezuelan that can give me some advice about job seeking and inmigration, I have an EU passport so I'm half the way but there are a lot of thing I want to know and I will be really thankful if there's someone there willing to help me!

Be happy and see you soon!

tekas wrote:

Hi All! I've moved to the UK last year, Manchester area. I came from Portugal and this is my first experience abroad.

Hiya tekas,
whereabouts in Manchester please......it's a big city <3
have you managed to settle in? Where are you working? Or are you a student?
Chuckle-butty.

What's up everyone?

I'm a young (soon to be) professional from Belgium and I recently moved (back) to London to start off my career! I'm a pretty big music fan (I listen to a lot of different styles including electro and Hip-Hop... but my main focus is on everything that is Rock'n'Roll, Punk, and Metal related). I love eating (and from time to time, cooking) mouth-watering food while downing copious amounts of beer! :)

I'd love to meet same minded people that are into the same kinda stuff! (in other words... people to go to shows with, drink, eat and enjoy life!) :)

Laurent.

Im Sam from Sydney, Australia. Ive been in London just over 2 years now. Im always interested in meeting other expats in London, learning about this city and im always on the look out for tips in the job market and finding my home away from home.

Hi everyone,

I'm a Learning and Development consultant and trainer. My main areas are trainings in Sales, Management, Leadership, Marketing and Finance. I'm part of the EMEA tem of a large multinational IT company. I travel more than 75% of the time. For 2013 alone, I was on the road 42 out of 52 weeks with a total of 300,000 km under the belt.

I have been scheduled for a relocation to Berkshire (around Bracknell, where's my office) and I'm currently planning this huge event. I'm moving with my family - my spouse and 2 kids, 6 and 2-years old boys, so obviously it's also about schools, nurseries, etc...

I've been raised as a kid of expats, spending most of my childhood moving around different countries, so the feeling is not quite new to me. But it's a new life and I'm eagerly looking to start the journey...

Milko

Evening every body

I am from Tunisia i have moved to the UK north Newcastle one year ago now it's my first time aboard I like it here I am looking for friends and some help

Hi how are you today??

Has anyone successfully managed to get a marriage between a South African and British person registered in South Africa, if so what did you provide for proof of non impediment. The British Consulate in Cape Town does not issue these letters of non impediment and Home Affairs are being very difficult about it. Please anyone who had to go through this process, could you please give us advice. We cannot afford to go to the UK just to get an affidavit to declare single status.

hello wanna come to visite england please can you help me my number is [Moderated] my name is karim

karim41 wrote:

hello wanna come to visite england please can you help me my number is
my name is karim

I really don't think that you should be broadcasting your personal details on ANY website. Maybe you should edit your post and remove your phone number.

Also, how about an introduction too?

Chuckle-Butty

thanks but i dnot want know how me can delete my number help me please

I THINK  she knows what she is doing ... she is not stupidl...

Hi UsaUkLIMA01 - no one says that she is stupid but just as a safety measure we tend to tell members to avoid posting their personal details on a Public Forum :)

Hi  im  benjamin from Mexico ,  im  moving  to  Nottingham  next  September with  my  family   I would  like  to  know  if  somebody  can  help  me  with a  few  questions
I would  Appreciatte  it a lot 
sincerely
benjamin

hello there! I am Cécile, i ve just moved for work in Essex ! i m originally from france but i live in Hungary and Hong Kong for the last 6 years! since i m completely new i m obviously looking forward to meetings some nice people around Essex area or in London!

Hi, just relocated from Johannesburg, South African to London and still adjusting.

Can you take me with you?

estoy buscando una violinista cubana en London.  Se llama Claudia Vega de la cuidad habana.  Cualquier informacion sobre ella q me dejen saber pa ver si puedo lograr de visitarla y darle una sorpresa. gracias

Im looking for a cuban violinist that has arrived in London recently and need to know exact location of where she is at...her name is Claudia Vega from Ciudad Habana, Cuba..

Hi everyone, I am annalisa and I moved to Leeds a couple of.months ago with my boyfriend...I am Italian and he is Spanish.. I have been living in UK.for the last 5 years, but I moved around quite a lot...When I saw the blog I thought " why not, let's give it a go", so.here I am dropping a line hoping to make some.new friends in Leeds x

Hola, tengo un amigo de Manchester Viviendo en DF, viajaremos a Inglaterra en un mes aprox.el me ha resuelto muchas dudas, si gustas puedes hacerme algunas y te escribire sus respuestas. Saludos.

Closed