New members of the Netherlands forum, introduce yourself here

[moderated: off topic]

Greetings from Germany!  I 29 years old, was born and raised in the US, but have been living the last 8 years in beautiful Munich, Germany.  The next stop on my life's adventure will be Amsterdam.

I'd basically love to use this forum to help me in the first steps of moving my life over there.  I'm a freelance web developer by trade and think I have that portion of my life under control.  The company Hays has clients all over Europe that I can get jobs with, and there are many more similar companies, I'm sure - plus I'll likely be keeping some of my long-time German customers.  I've done my research on the IT job market in Amsterdam, and I really don't have any huge concerns there at the moment.

What I need help with, though, is sorting out my artistic endeavours.  I'm a musician and have TONS of equipment and I'll need a rehearsal space/atelier all to my own to continue writing and recording music.  I've done some searching for "oefenruimte" (rehearsal rooms) and for the most part I can only find rooms available per hour, and they come with all the instruments included.  I know you guys will likely point me to another form for all the details, but basically I'd love to know how local bands and artists practice and what the general artistic/music climate is like.

Thanks in advance for all the help and I can't wait to become an active member of the community and can't wait to start the next part of my life's journey!

PS - I make psychedelic/avant-garde rock music.  I can send you a link to my music if you're interested.

Hi all.. I'm Santosh gahatraj from India Mumbai..I'm a hairstylist by profession with 10 years of experience.... wanting to move to Amsterdam. ..looking for an opportunity to work in a high end salon there... if anyone can help me with it, will be really appreciated. .. thanks

Nevet gkrgo amsterdam I like europe but need papers forlivin sad very happy ther

Im Chelony , the painter , artist , photographer . radio dj , sculptor and more , i have my painting s hang in our home sweet home , i love to cook , i like meeting people and i love the netherlands .

Hello everyone,
I'm from Colombia. Been in Amsterdam since 2008 and I love it; specially ride my bike without looking or worried about who is behind :)
Greetings and I will update my blog soon!

Hi! I'm María, from Spain. I'm moving to the netherlands on september 10, and I would love to know people to go out or have a cup of coffee. I'll be in the Hague working as an au pair for a year.

Thank you!!

Hola maria :-) i am italian and i will be in haarlem in august :-)

Hello everybody,
I am Mal and not new to the blog but I am new to the Netherlands forum.
I hope to get married to a nice Dutch guy and come to your beautiful country soon.
I have to learn Dutch soon. But it is very difficult for me yet. :)

Hi, I am Elisabeth, I worked in Netherlands since June but I worked already in the Hague in 2000-20003. Now, I am living in Ede and I work in Wageningen for an agency of the European Commission. I have a 6-months mission. Let me know if some of you is living around Ede (between utrech and Arnhem)

Hi, I am Laura.  I moved here 9 months ago from America for my fiance, who is a great Dutch guy!  I am going to interview for an internship, and hope to work a job from that.  Dutch is hard to learn, but you will get it slowly but surely when you move here.  Good luck, Mal!

(Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls + register in the business directory)

Hi everyone,

I'm an 19 years old Argentine student. I've been wanting for quite some time to live in the Netherlands once I finish my university studies. I'm completely absorbed by Dutch culture and architecture, among many other things I love about your breathtaking country. Right now I'm working on my Italian citizenship which is the only way for me to be able to live in the EU, so hopefully someday, with a little luck maybe, I will find myself wandering the streets of Amsterdam!

Best wishes
Seb

hello everyone
Am Ann from Nigeria, just got into Rotterdam last week. skooling in Rotterdam business school, would like to make friends

Hello everyone,

Im javie ( a girl) living in The Hague..im a Filipina.. and would really wanna make friends who is fun and could do some fun stuffs with..:)

Hey Javie... I wrote you a Private Message... Hope you respond me...

Hi, I'm a in Amsterdam for an internship.
I would like to meet new people here to have a drink and hang out.
My interest: going out, drinking, sports, games, music and festivals!

peaceeee

Hello   :up:
I cannot believe i never registered to this site before.... Yes I'm an expat for a long time, first i spent a year in England and then 14 years in the Netherlands, yes 14 years, not sure i should call myself an expat anymore  :D
I'm a 30 something French girl and moved here to finish my study, was supposed to stay 6 months and I never left.... i love Holland, the quality of life especially.
I have mostly dutch friends here nowedays apart from my colleagues (i work in an international company) so it would be lovely meeting new people from other countries.
I'm near Leiden, so if you are up for a drink, just contact me :)

ps: do not ask me how my dutch sounds like (yes even after all this time, it could be much better  :sosad: )

Hi I am Cj, 21 years old. I am a registered nurse here in the Philippines. I've been dreaming of working and living there in Amsterdam someday. I feel in love with its beauty, culture and architecture.

chrisyNL wrote:

ps: do not ask me how my dutch sounds like (yes even after all this time, it could be much better  :sosad: )

Dutch with a French accent, that must be awesome to hear!  :top:

Hello fellow travelers!

My name is Lyubomir and I will be moving to Amsterdam this September (yes real soon right? ). I am coming on a job offer as a project manager. I am hoping to stay for a long time since I Have been to the Netherlands before on various trips and I like it very, very much! :) I am VERY much into music, all kinds of sport activities, art and everything beautiful! Looking forward to my new life in Amsterdam!

Cheers!

Lyubo

Hi I´m Michael a 26 year old  Exchange Student from Austria. I just arrived and will be staying in Amsterdam for 5 Months. I`m a easy goin guy, love to go out , go Sightseeing or do sports (martial arts mainly), so if anyone is up from something feel free to let me know (sadly I dont speak dutch at all yet :(   )

Hello all!
I am going to Amsterdam for three months! This is my first encounter with life abroad for more than 2 weeks. I'm kind of going for romantic reasons, laugh at me now :) . As I intend on spending such a long period of time out there I would also find it enjoyable to attain a deeper experience of the culture and lifestyle of the city. I have tended bar in various New York restaurants and bars and am completely adept in that sector. If anyone has any leads as to where I may find a part time gig in that field let me know!
Another interest of mine would be to moonlight someone in an architecture firm, as I am expected to commence studies in the industry as of August 2015. This one may seem a bit off, but building and Architecture are passions of mine and it would be amazing if I could combine a trip such as this with the gaining of knowledge in this wonderful field.
Well thats it for now I guess, lets have some fun!

For the last three new members: Welcome on board and welcome in the Netherlands. :cheers:

And thanks for your lovely introduction and I hope you are going  to face a wonderful, excited and awesome future here in the Netherlands  :top:

Hi All,
My name is Brian ORiordan.
I live and work in the Netherlands. Been here for 14/15 years now.
Previously I worked in Bavaria, Germany and moved here for a new work opportunity.
I work in the IP Networking world, so large scale IP networks, and testing of network solutions for a large networking manufacturer.
One of my main interests/hobbies, is car mechanics. I have not had much time in the last years to do much in that area, but live in hope. :)
I have an old (1983) Porsche 944 in my garage (sounds better than it is, as it is a bit of a wreck), and in addition I have an old completely stripped to bare metal Porsche 944 chassis, with all seam welding and a welded in roll cage.
Plan is (wonder if it will ever happen), to use the old 944 as donor, to build a circuit car for some high speed fun on a track. :)

Hi,
I am a Civil Engineer ( Diploma). I am Bangladeshi.Now I am working in abroad, country name is Muscat, Oman position name is Draftsman & Quantity Surveyor. Netherlands is one of the best country in Europe and also my dream. Please tell me now how can I go to in Netherlands by Jobs specially drafting or any other related civil engineering work.Please help me.
With regards,
Tanmay Saha

Hi, my name Is Nene, I have lived in the Netherlands for over 4 years. Took on a study in international Business and management. Graduated from Fontys university. My experience in the Netherlands , Eindhoven to be precise has been good. The only slight set back  is the language.I presently run a business as a business network match consultant. Would like to expand my network and meet like minded expats.

Hi, you can add me on linkedin.
Greetings

Hi everyone!
I'm Carina and I am a 26 year old Norwegian staying in Eindhoven this fall. I moved here last week and will stay for the rest of the year as an exchange Ph.D-student. I'm an active girl who likes sports in general, but especially fond of running and hiking (but there is no mountains here :o ), and I hope to explore a bit around Eindhoven while I'm here. I don't know so many people in Eindhoven, so let me know if you're in the neighborhood :-)

Welcome to all of you!!!

Hope you are well and enjoy your short period in the Netherlands.

:) Hi there i am living in Rotterdam.Where do you come from?

Hey all!
I moved to Breda just 3 days ago! I'm 22 from England and I'm here to be an au pair for a year :)

Greetings.  I am American.  Moved here 10 months ago.  I am learning Dutch.  Hard at age 51, but I keep pressing on.  I am interning at a stable in Coeverdon  - it helps to get experience in.  Please let me know if I can help in any way.  Sincerely, Laura Ryan

Hello All!

I have been staying in Den Helder for almost two weeks now and I plan to be working out here for a while. I am a Latino from Dominican Republic and USA. I am here working as an Aviation engineer.
Since there isn't much going on for what I am hearing in Den Helder area - I am interested in meeting new people.

:top:
All the best!!

Junior

Hi...I am new here in Netherlands..I arrived 6 days ago...my name is Tina and I am from Nunspeet, I want to go to Amsterdam as soon as possible, and I am glad that here there is a forum with all the people, new in Netherlands. What is your oppinion until now about it?  :huh:

Hey, What kind of martial arts? :D Welcome to Netherlands

Hey welcome Tina, I have been to amsterdam for a few weeks and its a lovely city. Great culture, nice restaurants and bars and  nice people :) you should definatly check it out,    I do Krav Maga btw (already found a class here). :D

nice...I did Aikido for a while...I just came a few days ago, so I still have time to check out the stuff here in Netherlands  :D i bet Amsterdam is the best   :D  I'm still trying to decide Amsterdam or Rotterdam...:D

Well, if you visit amsterdam let me know if you want to meet for a beer or coffee :)
and I have never been to Rotterdam so I cant really tell which would be better :D

@ Tina and Michael:

Can you continue your chat in private please?
This is a general forum to share experiences.  ;)

Closed