New members of the Netherlands forum, introduce yourself here

I have one more question to ask.  My fiance is from this area and lived in a cabin when I first moved here, but we now live in an apartment.  We keep getting people who pull in their campers (caravans) and park in the parking spot in front of our apartment.  Are there any laws against this as there are in the USA?  Should we contact the Council in Emmen and complain?  Thank you all!  :)

Its not allowed. Contact the Council indeed and complain.

Denk je wel!  :)

Hi.

My name is Rizqah and I very recently moved to Rotterdam from South Africa. I would really like to make new friends and to get some insight on expat life in the Netherlands.

Here's to a great adventure!

Welcome on board Rizqa and welkom in  the Netherlands.

What kind of information you are looking for?

Hie my name is Butho,currently living in South Africa originally from Zim-i am considering moving to Netherlands to pursue a career there-i am an Artisan in printing for now,but i want to pursue Engineering,i need advice on whether i should study before moving or study when i get there-And i wanna find out whether i can find a job from South Africa.Please help

Hi my name is Jennifer, I'm a spanish girl of 27 years old.  Recently moved to the Netherlands with help of an Aupair job,  but once in it is not what o really want to do. The kids are too old so I'm more of a maid than a nanny. I have more than 10 years experience in bartender/waitres jobs so I was wondering if there's any chance to look for one of those jobs. Looking for learning Dutch but that will take some time.  Any help or advice will be appreciated

Hi, Everyone

My name is Del and I'm from New York City. My girlfriend is Dutch and I'm looking forward to moving to Holland this year by Oct 2014. I been to Holland numerous times and I love the Netherlands. The dutch people are friendly and the country is well organized. Hopefully I will be granted my residence permit and I will be living in Holland at the end of the year.

I'm seeking a English speaking job when I arrive, any information from anyone on this site would be very helpful. I have B.S. in Business Management. I would appreciate any feedback regarding finding work. Everyone seems very friendly and I wish everyone good luck in finding work and settling in there New environment.

Del :)

Butho wrote:

Hie my name is Butho,currently living in South Africa originally from Zim-i am considering moving to Netherlands to pursue a career there-i am an Artisan in printing for now,but i want to pursue Engineering,i need advice on whether i should study before moving or study when i get there-And i wanna find out whether i can find a job from South Africa.Please help

HI Butho,

Welcome on board.
If you consider to study Engineering first and then come to the Netherlands, I advice you to check if the Dutch government accept your diploma. Without this you aren't able to find work in the field you want to.
If you want to study you have to find out in which language the study will be. If its only in Dutch then you have to learn the language first. And keep in mind that its possible that you get tested on your Dutch skill before you can join the study.

All the best!

jenneh wrote:

Hi my name is Jennifer, I'm a spanish girl of 27 years old.  Recently moved to the Netherlands with help of an Aupair job,  but once in it is not what o really want to do. The kids are too old so I'm more of a maid than a nanny. I have more than 10 years experience in bartender/waitres jobs so I was wondering if there's any chance to look for one of those jobs. Looking for learning Dutch but that will take some time.  Any help or advice will be appreciated

Welcome on board Jennifer,

The only thing to find out is to go and ask...
In general its difficult to find a job, even for the easiest jobs, when you don't speak the language very well.
But you can always try.

Happy searching!

JadaIam wrote:

Hi, Everyone

My name is Del and I'm from New York City. My girlfriend is Dutch and I'm looking forward to moving to Holland this year by Oct 2014. I been to Holland numerous times and I love the Netherlands. The dutch people are friendly and the country is well organized. Hopefully I will be granted my residence permit and I will be living in Holland at the end of the year.

I'm seeking a English speaking job when I arrive, any information from anyone on this site would be very helpful. I have B.S. in Business Management. I would appreciate any feedback regarding finding work. Everyone seems very friendly and I wish everyone good luck in finding work and settling in there New environment.

Del :)

Hi Del,

Welcome on board to this site.
If you searching an English speaking job I advice you to check out some international organizations if they have job openings, Also check the job section in the green banner above the page is a way. If you don't find anything you can post an add as well.

Happy searching!

Thank you for your reply. I will do my research.
Thank you so much...

Hi everyone,
I am italian , from sardinia /-) i check 1 little  apartament in haarlem .someone can help me?
Thanks
Lu

Welcome on board Lulla.

Check out the housing section in the green banner above the page.  It could help you.

B.t.w from which place you are from?
My father comes from Sardinia too  :D

South sardinia "chia " :-) i want know your dad ;-)  :)

lulla1981 wrote:

South sardinia "chia " :-) i want know your dad ;-)  :)

Cagliari

I am sophie-Anne I am french
I am coming from famous wine area fom France ( Bordeaux)
I do like the netherlands
For this reason I come here to make me a good life
Hope to have a lot of friends on this website
Soon

Welcome on board Sophie-Anne.

Can you explain a little bit more about to live a good life in the Netherlands?

Hi,
I'm Valentino, half italian and half czech, lived in both countries.
Now I'm looking for a shareflat in Amsterdam where I want be as long as possible. Find the right room is more harder I expected.
The most free time I spend on the bike (I have a singlespeed composed by myself on an old german racing bike), composing electronic music on hardware synth - KORG EMX, and taking pictures - canon 50D.
If someone want to talk, go out, learn dutch or anything else, feel you free to contact me))
Have a nice day)

HI everyone, im moving to NL in september for a research position in the university.Love to make friends and travel all over Europe........

hi guys,

I'm Maja, just moved here in April for work- it's my 7th country so far, but perhaps this is the one! ;)

I'm up for a coffee and looking forward to meet new people, do some sports together or just go to see a movie.

Tot ziens!

Hi!! Yes, Newbie and exited.

I am interested in moving to the Netherlands, not only because I have heard wonderful things, but i did have expat friends in Amsterdam who has never been happier.

I am looking into getting into the Fashion Design/ Marketing, as this is what I am qualified and passionate about.

I am clueless on to how to approach this, and wondering if I could get a helping hand on how to go about this move.  My ticket is booked to come and visit Amsterdam and surrounding areas within the first two weeks of October 2014.

Would love to meet up with Expats to show me the ropes.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :-)

For all the new ones; Welcome on board!

Hi all.

Im from South Africa with a german passport(from my mom). Would like to move to Netherlands in the next 3-4 years

Hi there everyone, i am looking for new friends in Rotterdam. I like to meet people from all different countries and different interests. Just contact me by adding me! Bye

Hi!:)
I'm Lotta from Finland and just moved to The Hague. I work here as an au pair. I came here on Tuesday and have to say that I already love this place!8) Really nice parks and the beach is amazing! I hope to find a new friends from here to explore the city more with me and just hang around! :)

Hi everyone, my name is Patrick and I'm moving to Rotterdam on August 20. I will be relocating from the UK to work in the city's new Primark store, to open this winter.
I'm a 29-year-old who has a passion for sport and exploring new places. Before returning to the UK in September 2013, I lived in the south of France for two years.

I am looking for a place to live when I get to Rotterdam and will travel out there on July 30 for a few days. If anyone can make any recommendations that would be greatly appreciated as well as any advice for the move regarding taxes/being registered for health stuff etc.

Thanks very much
Patrick O'Kane
Goedenavond

Hi Lotta,

Welcome on board to this site and welcome in the Netherlands.

Den Haag is a great place to live in, I can imagine that you like it already.

Hi Patrick,

Welcome on board to this site and welcome in the Netherlands once you arrived here.
To find accommodation you can go to the housing section in the green banner above the page.
Hopefully you find something suitable for you, if not, you can also place an add.

This could help you.

What kind of information you are looking for?

Hi there, thanks for the welcome.
Main things really are to find out if I need to register for taxation or if that is usually done through my employer. Also with looking for accommodation I wanted to check if I need to register with any governing body as I am from outside the Netherlands.
SOmeone also told me I may need an OV (?) card before I can buy train tickets for travelling around. Is this correct?

Other than that it would be to ask what people can recommend to check out in the city and where is good for meeting new people?

Thanks
Patrick

Hello! My name is Anthony and my cousin Shawn. We plan on visiting Amsterdam next year (June 2015),
so we have plenty of time to learn exactly what we really need to know! We are looking forward to meeting
new people and learning about Amsterdam!

CHEERS  :)

patrick.okane wrote:

Hi there, thanks for the welcome.
Main things really are to find out if I need to register for taxation or if that is usually done through my employer. Also with looking for accommodation I wanted to check if I need to register with any governing body as I am from outside the Netherlands.
SOmeone also told me I may need an OV (?) card before I can buy train tickets for travelling around. Is this correct?

Other than that it would be to ask what people can recommend to check out in the city and where is good for meeting new people?

Thanks
Patrick

Here are some useful links:

public transport: http://9292.nl/en/fares-and-public-transport#

health insurance: http://www.independer.nl/zorgverzekerin … rance.aspx

This is just a link to inform you, I know there are many others but this is a nice start I think.

Yes, you need to register yourself at the city hall of the place where you are going to live.
Accommodation you can start to take a peek at the housing section in the green banner of the page.
You can also find a real estate broker but it is certainly more expensive.

ace1059 wrote:

Hello! My name is Anthony and my cousin Shawn. We plan on visiting Amsterdam next year (June 2015),
so we have plenty of time to learn exactly what we really need to know! We are looking forward to meeting
new people and learning about Amsterdam!

CHEERS  :)

Welcome on board to this site.
To gain as much information as you can you browse through the several forums.
If you need any help or you don't find the information you'll need, you can ask them in the right forum category.

HI im coming to Netherlands as a post doctoral position. Good to see you in the NL forum.Whats your area of research. Would like to have meet up on a weekend. Im going to live in Enschede..TC

chodimella wrote:

HI im coming to Netherlands as a post doctoral position. Good to see you in the NL forum.Whats your area of research. Would like to have meet up on a weekend. Im going to live in Enschede..TC

And you're talking to..?

hy
nazmul from Bangladesh. coming to eindhoven in this august.:)

Been in Groningen (Netherlands) since 2005... Coming from Paris (France)... i'm French... working here as a French teacher.. and since one year having a company in training Dutch sales force to improve their French for more efficiency on the French Market.. I have myself a 10+ years backgound in business development in France..
Rugby is a passion, playing since age of 10, I play in the Rugby Groningen Club.
I'm here for friendship, and to open a little bit more my social and business networks...

I am an American who will be working in The Hague at an International Criminal Tribunal. I also work as a researcher in international criminal law. While I love to be active outside I also enjoy sharing a cup of coffee or beer and hearing people's stories. I have lived many places in the Americas (south, central, and north) and also in Kenya and have really enjoyed other cultures. I'm looking forward to arriving in the Netherlands shortly.

Hi Everybody,
I came from Hungary and live in Baarn. I work here for a bookbinding company. I am busy with working and learning, but somtimes i like to go out and drink a coffe or beer with someone and have a good easy conversation to relax. So if you like to do it and live in Baarn or close to Amersfoort just write me. Krissy

Welcome to new comers!

I hope you will like it here.

Closed