New members of the Poland forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Poland forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Poland if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi all,

I've changed my blog url, so it looks like I'm new again. We've been in Poznan for 4 years. We've loved it but it looks like this will be our last. We're heading back to the states in December.

Hello,

I am currently in phase of getting my work permit completed followed by visa to poland. I will be approximately coming to poland around July 2014. My work location would be Wroclaw. Please help me out in terms of safety of life in poland with respect to current political situation and also the flood situations occurring every year.

I have lots of queries before migrating but most important is security of life as I would be coming with my wife.

Regards,
Kunal.

Hi,

I'm living in Wroclaw with my family. We really enjoy living here! I'm interested education and other "kids staff" :).

Einikka,

My friend is relocating from Poznan to Wrocław. She was there last week looking at two English speaking schools. Are you familiar with them? Have a preference?

Kunal,

Other than having my wallet lifted in Krakow, we've had no security issues in Poland. I feel safer here than in my hometown in the US.

Lois

Yes, I know something ;)

Lois,

Thanks for your reply, makes me feel much better now :)

How is Wroclaw as a city in terms of cost of living and would 6000 gross monthly (excluding insurance and medicover benefits)be enough for a couple ?

I will be coming alone at first, for 3 months and would need shared accommodation. Can you please share where can I get this information?

It depends what kind of living you are used to  :)

You can search apartments f.ex. gumtree.pl and otodom.pl There is also groups in Facebook (if you are using that) like moving to Wroclaw and Wroclaw expats.

Maybe you should read something about Poland and Wroclaw, that will calm you down

Welcome to Wroclaw!

Hello:
we are living in Lódz. My husband, my 2 sons, aged 5 and 6 and me. We come from Spain, so tehre are many differences between the 2 countries. The most difficult was the language, as polish is really a challenging language. Also climate and some behaviours can be hard. But a positive attitude, and knowing your children have a gift as they learn in different languages and we meet people from around the world, make me think being expat is one of the best experiences I have.

Hi,

I am currently considering a job offer from my company in Warsaw.

Can anyone of you here, guide me on the living expenses in the city?

Hi.i have been living here for 5 months. It depends where are you going to live and how is your eating habits.i think it might be the same as Spain or a little cheep.if you are coming with family you must have at least 6000 zloty to spend and house rent is vary from place to place and size of the accommodation. When you come here make sure to contact your own community as you might not be able to fit in with the locals for real friendship.
Best of luck
P.S please if you like share website with us as it seems really interesting

Hello all :)

I'm from the Netherlands and moved to Warsaw in January. I am looking to meet new people /expats to share experiences, hang out with, and expand my social life! :)

Hey! everyone
I'm willing to move to Warsaw but don't know if there are jobs available for foreigners.
I have masters in commerce & business administration, diploma in I.T, and little more like that... But I can also do an odd job just to start my career.
Any information regarding recruitment will be appreciated.

Hi I went in an internship in Torun Poland last year then i went back to my country to continue my M.A studies then i thought i could apply for a work in Poland because i want to travel around europe for a bit. and i did and i hope all will go well. because I want to go to Lodz  by summer for a work ^_^ wish me luck

i had my wallet lifted as well but i do not know where exacly luckily my passport was safe

HI there,

I'm from the UK and just moved here to complete a research project. Its big its cold and gritty but enjoying the experience Please get in touch if you want to hang out. Would be nice to meet some other local warsaw newbies as well as more seasoned expats :)

Hello people!

Well, just to mention something about me! I am polish fella but new to this town (I mean Warsaw) too. I spent few years abroad and I have just started a new job near to the city center, so I am happy to get in touch with open-minded people like me to exchange thoughts, have quality talk or just spend fun time together. I am hoping to get brushed up my English and in exchange I can offer my help with polish specificity... if you already find out what I am running about ;-)

Czeszcz [probably misspelled...]
Greetings, all.  I and my wife both have CELTAs, she has a lot of TEFL experience in the U.S. and Turkey.  I taught at a Polish high school through WorldTeach in 1994-5 in a fairly small town (Lask, west of Lodz), so the language and the standard of living, amenities, etc. would probably not bother me.  My wife was in the Peace Corps on a tiny Pacific island for 4 years, so she would find Poland the lap of luxury. 

I'm particularly interested in talking with the Vermonter in Radom.  There is a dual placement at Oxford something-or-other school in Radom we're interested in.  Any insights on Radom or that school?  Are there any other English-speakers in Radom?  I knew someone there when I was in Poland (20 years ago), but remember nothing in particular about the place. Also interested in Wroclaw, Torun, possibly Lodz.

I'd like to hear from any Americans about hiring of non-EU people.  How much of an issue is it?  Since I'd be going there with a couple of kids (baby and toddler) and my wife, I'm really not interested in sketchy under-the-table jobs or just cobbling together private tutoring gigs.

BTW, it amuses me and saddens me a little to read Poles commenting on how hard it is to make a living teaching English in Poland, and implying that we'd do better in the States.  Have you all tried to support a family on TEFL in the U.S.?!  Sadly, we're not interested in living in East Asia or Gulf states...

Any comments are most welcome, particularly if anyone knows any expat families there.

Dziekujemy Was za pomoc!

-Geoff & Barb

I'm Kay by name had English as my first language,  but, more willing to learn Polish in exchange.  Pls feel free to link up on [email protected], or my mobile 729 313 285.
Hope to hear from you soon.

:)

coming from state to live here...seriously ..here even at university level you have few subject to get for English medium of instruction.without Polish life really sucks here,its not easy to make your place in work or business for Non.Polish.So I will say with kids its better not to come here

Hi ,
All I am moving to Poland , Lodz soon . Any advice about finding a good flat to share with others. I do not want to  rent a place on my own . I want to have a room in a flat with roomates.

Gumtree.pl, lots of posts there everyday, even in English

Hi Everyone, I'm French but my mother is Polish, so Poland is already very familiar to me. I spent one year after my Bachelor's degree to improve my Polish and came back this semester to do my internship. I really enjoy it and I am considering staying here a year longer if they offer me the job :) elcome to all new newbies in Poland, I hope you will enjoy as much as I being in this country :)

Hey everyone i am Karim from Ukraine exactly Odessa , planning move to lodz in this summer Inchallah ,and i want make many friends there as i am communicative and know four languages French ,English ,Arabic and Russian . :)

Hi Guys! I am new to Warsaw and new to this blog. :) .. I am working for a MNC and i am Indian.
Would be interested in trips/weekend fun/catching up!

Cheers!

Hi
My name is Clare and I first visited Kraków 8 years ago but moved here on a permanent basis 1 year ago

[Moderated: Please post in the jobs section]

Hello guys,
My name is David Huerta, I am from Mexico City, but last year I moved to Warsaw to live with my Polish girlfriend. now I am studying my Master in Warsaw School of Economics.
I am also writing my blog about some experiences in Poland, places of interest, pubs in Warsaw, survival Polish, etc ( chido-fajny.blogspot.com/ ) I hope you can read it and give me your opinion.
If you have any question regarding studies,  o Karta Pobytu procedures don not hesitate to ask me.
Cheers!
David :D

Hi everyone
New to the forum
Looking forward to blogging
:-)

well, pretty much I think Poland is pretty safe country. Also very clean!
In general I like it a lot better than some other European countries. I mean its not comparable to countries like Germany! no offence to those in Germany.
But I love the culture and the people here

krakow is beautiful kind of reminds my of Quebec, its very lively but also has that European feel to it. But it resembles a Capital more than Warsaw does

well, I'm an Iranian American, grew up in DC area been living in Germany for a few years and now in Poland for a project. think its a beautiful country and love the people

Kikou ! ! ! Je voulais savoir comment est la vie à Wroclaw ?.. J'ai des racines en Pologne de part mon Papa et mes grands parents qui étaient à 200% Polonais ! !. Mon rêve depuis toujours est de faire connaissance avec ce pays et y vivre... Je suis " aide-soignante" depuis 18 ans : y'a t'il du taff dans cette branche svp???.. Mercis à toutes celles et ceux qui me répondront ! ! !....

Kikou Jscholar ! ! !. Mon prénom est Bérénice et ton parcours ressemble un peu au mien ( sauf que je ne suis pas encore en Pologne ! !). Je suis issue d'une famille pure polonaise de par mon Papa !!. Comme toi je me sens super proche de ce pays ! ! !.. Bien que ma mère est Française ; mon coeur et mon âme ont tjrs appartenus à la Pologne ! ! !.. J'ai été élevée à la "polonaise" et j'en suis très fière....// racontez moi comment est la vie en Pologne et y'a t'il des opportunités de travail en milieu hospitalier svp??.. Merci d'avance !.

Hi lukowiak,

As this is the anglophone forum could you please post in English so as the others can understand?
You might want to post on the francophone forum as well > https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=4381

Regards
Armand
Expat.com Team

hello guys, :)

i am new in this website... i am egypt guy
i am here because i will move in poland in a few months hopefully

i want to know, what it is like in poland, Lodz and i would love to know people from there :D

Hello everyone , :)

I am a married man with child, moved into poland for 1 month now ,I am trying to make friends here. the boredom is killing me :D i am from Africa, Nigeria anyone living around can send me a message.i presently live in krakow, i am an easy going mate and have a very good humor.

Closed