New members of the Ireland forum, introduce yourself here

Dear Sir/ Madam

My name is Saman and im from Sri Lanka. Currently I'm working for a private company in SL.
I'm married and i have one child 4 years old. past years i tried so many times to find out any employee opportunity in Ireland. I have worked in Dubai, Qatar. Could you please help me to find out any job in Ireland that i can come with my family. at least house keeping job would be a great help for me.

Thanks and best Regards
Saman

thanks

i am from UK of Bangladeshi origin

living nearly 45 years in UK , Bangladesh and Ireland

i want to share E U immigration on non EU family member of EU citizens

hello,
thanks for your reply.
But how do you want to help me on this matter.
thanks

@linga > you are off topic. Can you please start a new thread with your questions on the Ireland forum?

This discussion is for the introduction of members on the Ireland forum.

Thank you,
Christine

Hi all,

My name is Charles and I am currently living in South Africa, but am looking to move to Ireland. I am a hands-on Solutions Architect with more than 22 years experience developing software using Microsoft technology and also others. I have a formal IT qualification and certified as a TOGAF architect. I am willing to work anywhere in Ireland.

I've been to Ireland 3 times and just love the country, so would like to make it my home.

If anyone on this forum can connect me with anyone in Ireland who can help me with a potential job, please inbox me.

Thanks
Charles

Hi there
I'm Irish , recently returned to live in Ireland after living in France, Australia and Luxembourg for nearly 20 years. I have 2 children and am interested in meeting up with French families for french conversation.

Hello! I don't have anything planned yet, just hopes and dreams! But I was looking for someone who could help me figure out how to go about moving to Ireland. I currently live in the United States, and just graduated from a university with a business degree about two months ago(studied technology).

My reasoning for this move is because I have spent my past 23 years (I'm 23 by the way) doing everything "I was supposed to do" according to my parents, teachers, friends... and I just am not happy. I have never really had an interest in making a lot of money, but it's just what I have been working towards because that is what everyone has always expected of me.

I currently have a great job making good money, but I don't want to stay here forever. I want to start looking into the possibility of moving and what the steps would be. This site has been really informational in that aspect, but I would actually like to talk to someone about the process.

By the time I actually start planning this, I would like to know the best way to go about finding a working/living situation. I don't really care what kind of job it is because I've worked in a successful business setting as well as bar-tending/food service, and even working on farms and other general-labor. I honestly have no preference in which one I would take on upon moving as long as I can support myself off the wages (place to live, food, the necessities).

If you are able to help me out I would greatly appreciate it!

Hi, I currently live in America and intend to travel to Ireland to see if I would be comfortable there in my retirement. I was in State service here for 30+ years and am now seeking a much calmer, quieter life with just a small place (1 bedroom, 1 bath and kitchen would serve) with a pub perhaps nearby. I can still drive but would rather remain in or very near the village as I love to walk for my excercise nowadays. I will be visiting there in the coming year and am going to be seeing the villages that are close to the water and will meet my few needs. Thanks for letting me share. OH! I am probably in the wrong place to ask this, but how does the health system work. I have Medicare and Blue Cross Blue Shield here and I am sure it is different over there but do not intend to become a resident so I am at a loss as to what happens. Any help in the area would be appreciated. Thanks again!

http://jobseeker.fas.ie

Hi,

Check out the fas website.

It's usually a good start.

Regards,

Gerard.

Iza,

Are you planning to study in university in Ireland?

Regards,

Gerard.

http://www.education.ie/en/

Sara,

You should contact the department of education and science to clarify your situation.

Keep in mind that it will not be 'free'. Books, school uniform, travel expenses etc... Will not be complimentary.

Regards,

Gerard.

Don't let the 'blow in' mentality repel your decision.

Any Irish person with half a brain understands that we are the masters of 'blowing in' to foreign countries :)

Regards.

Gerard.

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/co … ry=Irelandwww.daft.ie

Hi,

I have attached a couple of links that hopefully will give you a better understanding on house prices and cost of living.

Regards,

Gerard.

Hello,
my name is Anna. My husband and I are currently living and working in Canada (where I'm from), trying to save up enough money to move to Dublin, Ireland (he is from England and therefore I am allowed to enter with him as a non-EU spouse). We have gone through lots of issues with immigration and separation over the past few years and would just like to settle back in the EU (we lived in London together for 2 years, previously, but my visa ran out and I could not renew it). I am a teacher and unfortunately I hear the Education system is over-crowded in Ireland, but I would like to give Dublin a go anyway. The market for teachers here isn't very good either.
We are hoping to move there by October 2015  :)

Hi everyone,

We are looking to retire to the Cork area within the next year, we have been planning on this for a while and have been to Ireland several times.  We want to do a lot of traveling around Ireland and Europe, we have been to a lot of the countries in Europe for work, but now we want to be tourists and see the places without a schedule.

Hi everybody! My name is Serena, and actually I'm an au pair near Bunratty, Co. Clare. I'm from Italy, where I'm studying Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Technologies at the University of Pavia. I have choosen to be an au pair for learn about the English lenguage and because I really love to travel! I have choosen Ireland as place because I'm never been in this Country before but I've always been fascinated by its. Now I'm very happy here, my host family is lovely, I've met some great people and the place is wonderful! I'll remain in Ireland until the end of June: I have to return in Italy for my university tests in July.
The only thing that I'm missing, besides family and friends, is the italian food!

Hi everyone! My name is Konstantina, Konnie for short. I am 25 and I am from Greece. I've been an au-pair in Kildare since August. Feel free to write to me. I'd like to meet some new people as I'm planning to stay in Ireland after my au-pair job is done.

Pls forward me your phone number and I'll call you to discuss your queries in sha Allah.
Shahzad

Wecome to Ireland Konnie. Wishing you a pleasant and memorable time here. Should you require any information and/or assistance  please do not hesitate to let me know.
Kind Regards
Shahzad

Hi all
My name is James I am planing on joining my wife in dublin she is a British citizen and eu can I join her immediately or is there a waiting period.
Kind regards

Hi, My name is Jynx. Im retired and moved to Ireland, Co. Tipperary . I moved from Illinois..been living here 5 years now.
  Your post is interesting, and was wondering if you had made the move?  It can be challenging.
Drop me a line and hope it has all gone well.

Hi BusyIzzy,
I haven't been on this website for ages but saw your post and am wondering have you moved here yet?

Hello Jynx,
how are you? I live on the County Limerick/Tipp border and would like to make some friends too. Whereabouts in Tipperary are you?

I was laying in bed last September and for some reason couldn't sleep so I decided I needed an Irish pen pal (of sorts). Looking through Facebook I found a profile that sent me reeling. I sent the request and we have talked everyday since then. My friends sent me on holiday right after Christmas for 10 days and it was the best time of my life. I decided on my way home that I was becoming homesick for Ireland and was miserable at the thought of staying in America. I had a month long conversation with my daughters and we decided it was time for me to find my happy. They stayed in the states with family since they are so close to graduation and I sold everything I owned and moved to Dublin. I was suppose to start school but missed the deadline. Trying to find the starting point for a new plan is quite difficult. I don't know how to get a job without a work permit (I know how limited the job market is) or a student visa without having the money for classes. I also don't know what agencies to go to for answers either. I have a permanent residence with an incredible housemate and will soon be moving in with Sean (my best friend that I found on FB) so the housing issue is sorted. Any advice would be greatly appreciated on how to proceed with becoming a contributing part of society. :)

hi everyone, this is Khawer from Lahore Pakistan planning to move to Ireland within next 6 months or so. I have diverse experience working in textile sector and planning to move to Ireland on startup business visa alongwith my family. As i have strong connections with Pakistani textile companies, so i guess that starting some trading business in textile products should be a viable business idea. Through this forum, I need guidance as to how should I tackle this project and how to move further from now on.

Hi Everybody,

Dutch guy here, just landed in Cork for a new career as a prosthetist/Orthotist at Mercy university hospital in Cork.

If somebody has any recommendations regarding renting a nice place (which area of Cork), good restaurants, good bars, nice gyms, group activities or what so ever. Don't hesitate and send me a message :-).

Thanks and who knows till somewhere in Ireland!

Greetz Mark

Hi, I'm hopefully moving to the Leitrim/Roscommon border later this spring to live in a property where I can keep my horses at home. I'm a community carer and I'm looking forward to being able to continue my work on more unsuspecting souls. 😊 I have chosen this area because of the proximity to the sea, a decent town for shopping and yet some fabulous riding to be had. I'm divorced and my two children are both completing their degrees next month. Hopefully they will be making their own way in the world soon.

Hi Kimia,

I move to Dublin next week and don't know anyone. I also studied Criminology! I can't seem to send you a private message but maybe you could send me one and maybe we could meet up.
I'm from New Zealand, and 23.
Alyse :)

aseekup wrote:

Hi Kimia,

I move to Dublin next week and don't know anyone. I also studied Criminology! I can't seem to send you a private message but maybe you could send me one and maybe we could meet up.
I'm from New Zealand, and 23.
Alyse :)

As a new member, to activate your PM system you need to make a few more posts on the forum but not necessarily on this section only. The posts need to be informative, offer advice, be topical.
As a former Kiwi myself, what part of NZ are you from.??

Hello all  :cheers:

Warm welcome to new comers of the Ireland forum :par:

Little reminder :

This thread has for purpose only presentation of new members.

Feel free to create a NEW TOPIC if you have any info to share or ask.

We have dedicated sections for adverts you have, such as :

1. Jobs offers in Ireland
2.Housing in Ireland
3. Ireland Classifieds- A Must browse!

Our living in Ireland Guide as well as the Ireland Forum have a lot of information to provide too.

Do not forget to share your  Expat experience with us :top:

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hello everyone! My name is bhing a mother of 22weeks baby girl. Im living in Cork with my hubby for 14months. Ireland is so generous and kind, why? before i had only tourist visa but after 5months staying here they approved my request to have a permanent residence of Ireland.
Me and my husband dont have relatives here thats why i registered here so i can meet and find new friends. Hope theres somebody out there who.like to be friend of mine. btw  im a Filipina from Manila, Philippines when i was there im woking as a purchasing in one of a biggest company in the Philippines when it becomes music and sports.
Hope i can find new friends here.

Cheers guys,
Bhing

Figured I'd try this out...

Hey everyone, My name is Elle and am currently residing in Ireland. Originally from the USA I've been living here for the last 3 years. Hoping to meet other americans in the area (I live near Donegal).

Here's hoping!
~Elle

Hi Iza,

I'm Faida from Egypt, I'm English translator and professional English teacher.
I also like to complete my higher study in Ireland. I wish to know if you start with your study as your post is from the last year.

I wish to hear your suggestion concerning finding an opportunity for Egyptian lady to complete higher studies.

looking forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Faida

Hi everyone. I am currently residing in Parma/ Italy. I intend to relocate to Ireland as soon as I get a suitable job offer. I am mostly interested in jobs requiring native knowledge of  Arabic language, preferably in a university or healthcare setting.

kenjee wrote:

Hello all  :cheers:

Warm welcome to new comers of the Ireland forum :par:

Little reminder :

This thread has for purpose only presentation of new members.

Feel free to create a NEW TOPIC if you have any info to share or ask.

We have dedicated sections for adverts you have, such as :

1. Jobs offers in Ireland
2.Housing in Ireland
3. Ireland Classifieds- A Must browse!

Our living in Ireland Guide as well as the Ireland Forum have a lot of information to provide too.

Do not forget to share your  Expat experience with us :top:

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Greetings everyone
My name is Donald and am from India . Looking for job opportunities in Ireland (Dublin). Finished two rounds of interviews with a company there. Waiting for final round and work permit to begin. Keeping fingers crossed as am very keen on migration. Here in the forum to learn and equip myself about Dublin and cost of living and making friends.

Hello All,

My husband and I are Americans of Irish descent (all my husband's grandparents were born in Ireland) and we have family there. We are thinking of moving to the west coast of Ireland in a couple of years, after I retire.  We would both be retired and not looking for work.

We would just like to find a slower pace of life in a place we both love, where we can see family, and spend time with our daughter and son-in-law, who have a home there.

At this point, we're just opening the subject, and would love to hear from anyone who has made a similar transition.

Susan and Donald O'Connor

Hi, My name is Tony, I live in my apartment(Alone) in Lucan Village, Co Dublin. I am hoping to find a Filopino Nurse to be my best Friend and Lover. I love your Culture, Fun, Grace, and Beauty.
I am a retired young Publisher(Educational), ex Irish Army, (Accounting Officer). I am an open book, (No Lies), a gentle fun loving Man, who loves singing, music,a walk by the sea, or in a beautiful park, Football, Movies, Open Minded, I live in the Moment. Love to chat about anything, I do not Judge, but would be your best supporter.   Live and let Live. Tony Hug.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share emails on the forum.

I am yasir, I have done sustainable development from sweden, I also have done MBA agribuisness from pakistan and worked as Retail bank officer in UBL bank over there. Now i am moving to Ireland for a better future and new job roles. I wud love if any good friend welcome me.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=495026

Thanks!

Closed