New members of the Spain forum, introduce yourself here

hola tina i'm a spanish teacher from Valencia (Spain) i teach spanish to english speaking people. I've read your message and you are interested in learning spanish, but you want to go to Zaragoza if you change your destination write to me please.

Hi every1,
I live in Barcelona. I would love to meet new people and make new friends....

Hello everyone.   I m From Canada near Montreal.    I was living in Philippines (manilla) 4 years, hollande (hague) 2 years, Italy (brindisi) 2 years and now Valencia.     I m a human ressources, web designer, personnel coach!    i have 2 dogs.   I do;  gym, bicycle, roller blade, trecking and all drenaline sports!    I wish to renew my diving licence and continue to perform my piano lesson.
For me life is "Love what you are and be what you love"

Adiose

Hola! Soy nuevo aquí :)

Big hello to Admin!
My name is June and I'm from Philippines. I am currently attending spanish classes since I'm considering moving to Spain (planing to). I am 22. I was born pure filipino but this fire inside keeps burning since I fell in love to Spain years ago. My playlist are full of spanish songs mostly pop. I love Spain, more than food!
I have lots of questions to ask (hopefully it is okay) but I decided to open it up later.
Anyway, nice meeting you guys.

Have a nice day Admin! :)

I would propose that you check Barcelona first , it is on the coast and a very international city , much better than Zaragoza. Do you have a picture?

Hi, i am currently living in Chester in England but at the end of September i am moving to Madrid with my Spanish partner and our son. Feel free to give me any advice
thanks x

bchlvr wrote:

I would propose that you check Barcelona first , it is on the coast and a very international city , much better than Zaragoza. Do you have a picture?

Do you have a picture bchlvr? Should it really matter in the first place?

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Hola Julian! Thank You for the warm welcome.... great to see so many friendly people Here.... its almost like being in Spain in person! I living in 2 countries in Europe at the moment but am mostly in Costa Brava. I would like to get to know people, as I plan to move here. The climate if ideal for cycling, hikes, out door activies, and in general being with nice people sharing a drink, nice food and exchanging stories.... what else could be nicer on a summer's evening!!

Hi,
I'm Sarah I have moved to the Tarragona area with my husband and 18month old daughter due to my husbands work.. We will be here for 12-18 months and would love to meet up with people and hopefully make some friends. So far it's been a bit difficult as it's high season so every1 is working long hours and there doesn't seem to be a lot of meet up groups happening.. If any1 has any information about ways of getting to no people please share!!
Look forward to some replies
😃

Hi to all,

I'm Tom and I'm living in Barcelona from 4 months ago more or less. It's pleasant to be here, I like the spanish way of life and its gastronomy ;-)

I'm discovering spanish culture and I'm looking other expat advices about best places to visit, recommended food, pubs and activities.

I hope giving good advices too!

Hola amigo from Canada.  I m Canadienne to.

Hello Samuel, i m new here in Valencia.  The only thing is just follow the flow!   It is nice here and easy to live.    Dont espect anything and just enjoy it.

Adiose
Francesca

Hi Sarah. Which bit of Tarragona are you in? I am in the southern part. There are lots of Brits here . Let me know your town and I will try to give you the name of some groups you can link up with.
Welcome!
Ros

Hi Ros
We are just outside tarragona In between salou and cambrills but we don't mind travelling to tarragona to meet up with people. Any help would be appreciated.
Thankyou

You're north of me then. Have a look on the Tortosa forum. There's an activities list there as well as details of all the meetings . There is a TIARA club once or twice a month where ex pats meet; book exchanges and second hand markets. There is also Riba Exchange which is nowhere near as goo. I'll send you more ifg I think of them and will contact you next time I come up to Tarragona/Reus shopping. Enjoy!

Have just thought that Expat.com probably won't let me tell you about other organisations like  lnternations which has regular meetings so you may need to e mail me privately at [email protected]. They have a policy of wiping off things you might recommend which are related to other organisations which is the opposite of helpful.

That's brilliant thankyou so much for that I havnt heard of any of these websites. It's harder making friends than I thought it would be.
Have a good day. 😃

Hi Sarah,  We have not made the move yet but my wife and I are "looking" very hard at Spain....... Believe it or not, my last name is Spain, (Irish name) and that has no bearing on why my wife has decided Spain.... except later it was like fun omen.  Anyway, we feel the dollar is going south anytime soon and well I'm sure you are aware of the world situation and America being hated by so many... we owe so much!  We are doing A DNA test to see if we would qualify for the new law, that allows the Jews to come back... righting a wrong during the Spanish inquisitions..... We do not serve that faith but it might be in our DNA since my last name is because pirates from Spain ship wrecked in Ireland and took on the name of Spain..... it's a shot worth it....... My wife did camera and me special effects and construction for the movie industry..... Hollywood is a cesspool for the most part.... Calif. is still a nice place to live but if there is a major depression who knows........ Oh  my wife thinks Girona Spain so far is looking good but we are not there.... any thought and ideas would be great... Are you from the states??  I know it wont be easy but I think you are in the best spot possible in case America goes down.... best Jim

Hi Tom..........We have not made the move yet but my wife and I are "looking" very hard at Spain....... Believe it or not, my last name is Spain, (Irish name) and that has no bearing on why my wife has decided Spain.... except later it was like fun omen.  Anyway, we feel the dollar is going south anytime soon and well I'm sure you are aware of the world situation and America being hated by so many... we owe so much!  We are doing A DNA test to see if we would qualify for the new law, that allows the Jews to come back... righting a wrong during the Spanish inquisitions..... We do not serve that faith but it might be in our DNA since my last name is because pirates from Spain ship wrecked in Ireland and took on the name of Spain..... it's a shot worth it....... My wife did camera and me special effects and construction for the movie industry..... Hollywood is a cesspool for the most part.... Calif. is still a nice place to live but if there is a major depression who knows........ Oh  my wife thinks Girona Spain so far is looking good but we are not there.... any thought and ideas would be great... Are you from the states??  I know it wont be easy but I think you are in the best spot possible in case America goes down.... best Jim

good luck with the move !

Tony

Yes! Indeed , one needs that when you come here... and patience...

We bought our first house in Tenerife in 1984 after spending holidays there before.  So we have lived in the north, east and now have found the right place on the west coast to enjoy the winter sun. 

I try to help others if I have some information that might be useful.

I know lots of local people having bought houses in villages and get a long with my knowledge of the language.

Looking forward to reading about other peoples opinions and problems.

Hello Lassie,  I'm new at this forum and still in the USA....We are thinking of moving to Spain....  I've met some nice people here on this blog mostly looking for information about Spain..... Highest Regards.... Jim

Hello!!!
I am Melanie who recently live in Madrid.
I want to know some more Filipinos who are living here in Spain particularly here in Madrid.
I have been in some places here in Madrid like El Retiro, Cibeles, Torrejon, Alcala, Alcobendas and etc.
I have been also in Asturias el paraiso natural,,, in Covadonga, Lastres, Llanes, Oviedo, Gijon, Rebadesillas, Villaveciosa, Colunga and etc...
I hope to hear my co-Filipino staying here in Spain...
Thank you and may god bless us all always

fisher14 wrote:

Hello Lassie,  I'm new at this forum and still in the USA....We are thinking of moving to Spain....  I've met some nice people here on this blog mostly looking for information about Spain..... Highest Regards.... Jim

Hi there,  I too am new to this forum .  I will be glad to help you if I can.  Lovely family!!

Holaa

I am Moving to Madrid in the Spring/Summer time 2015, i am a proud Mother to a 4 year old boy, we will be joining my partner who is a Spanish national and resides in Madrid we visit the Madrid area regularly. I have joined this forum in the hope to meet other parents and find out more about things to do for Children in and around the Madrid area.

Good luck to all

hi yall,      I am an engineer from England who decided to relocate. A job opportunity presented in Barcelona and am ready to pack my stuff. I joined this community with the purpose of meeting new people and to find out from themselves how does the life  of an expat going there.

We are on our way in 2 weeks. Get in touch if your looking for local connections. We are from London and all very new to us so would love to meet new people.

Take care

Justin & Lidia

jgumbs wrote:

We are on our way in 2 weeks. Get in touch if your looking for local connections. We are from London and all very new to us so would love to meet new people.

Take care

Justin & Lidia

Good luck , with the move hope it works out for you!

is it commercial on the west coast of tenerife.  we are looking for a cheap holiday.  we have just taken on a new restaurant in spain, and should not be going away at all, but my 14 year old hasnt seen us much and he is off for a week.   where are you based.   Flights are cheap for us to go to tenerife.  I hate large tourist areas though

I have lived in spain , asturias to be more precise for the past 23 years.  Obviously i like the place.  Asturias is not like the rest if spain and is known as fhe natural paradise having a mild climate and being eternally green. Temps in summer usually 25 but you can have cloudy rainy days too. Winter also being mild not usually under 12-15.
I am a teacher in an infant primary school teaching english with clil methodolody for which i have been asked to oragnise part of the masters course where i teach a unit in the local university.  I teacher train and organise cultural events promoting language, english teatime, watercolour in english, talk on life if dickens, walk and talk.

It is an area with ex pats but who instead if gravatating together tend to bury themselves into local life. It is unusual to meet other ex pats.

The area is like cornwall with mire sun full if quaint fishing villages and a rich farming life it is not unusual to see farmers scything their fields. 

If are interested to know more let me know a out starting a business here or if you would like to try the area then contact me as i also run casa rural business and off season we have properties available for between 1 and 9 months from september until june july.

Life can be frustrating at times as i see mentioned here often but where cant?

Hi Jonacris,
My name is Sally and my partner Gordon and I have lived in Almeria province for 11 years now and I speak Spanish pretty well.  If you want to take the plunge and have a look around or to know more and I can be of help please let me know.  Here is my [link moderated] 
You can also contact me on SKYPE to save on phone bills at sal2y2002 (Sally Scamell, Almeria) if you prefer.
With kind regards,

Sally Scamell

My name is adel I am an iranian British citizen I live in pego spain I speak Farsi English and azarbaijani

Hi All, I am originally from Ireland and I have been living in Barcelona for nearly a year now. I am hoping to make some new friends whilst exploring and getting lost in this fantastic city, recommending great (possibly obscure) films and practicing my Spanish (I can teach you some Irish). If any of this sounds appealing, feel free to contact me.

Vinny

Vinny. I am 2 hrs south of you but always interested to hear comments on films, the more obscure the better. I would try to catch them when I come to Barcelona, or rent or buy them.

Hi All newbie here

Am planning to move to Murcia as me and my girlfriend are expecting our first baby and she is from San Pedro Del Pinata so would love to go back and start our family there.

interested in any work available.
Am currently maintenance manager at four star hotel in Birmingham UK but would do anything to pay the bills.

Be nice to speak to people in Murcia Region

Thanks guys

Hi my name is Mark I just arrived in La Linea de La Concepcion from Alicante. I would like to meet and make friends with other Brits in the area.I am looking for room to rent in flat share and would appreciate any leads on work either painting/decorating or restaurant work. Thanks.

Is there any one on here that lives in South of Tenerife

Hi,

Actually am living in Valencia , not too far from Alicante .

:) Hi everyone, my name is Sharon, I'm a widow. My kids are almost grown and gone, except for my youngest daughter who is 11 years old.
I have worked hard all my life with a goal of retiring at 55 and off to the sun. Plan was lovely but that's not how things are looking. Looks like I will have to continue to work a lot longer. It would be great to get a small one bed on low budget as work wouldn't be as important. But I have been looking into Almeria, Alacante and gran canaria. Haven't been to any of these places but would love to wake up to the sun morning after morning and get colour in my cheeks from being outdoors.
I'm still a very young 51 year old woman, but will need help with this one. Hoping to buy next year or year after latest. Who better to ask then those who have come through it or maybe someone else is on low budget and we could keep looking and sharing what we find.
My dream is in writing now so let's see what the future holds x
Looking forward to speaking with you all
Regards
Sharon

Closed