New members of the Spain forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Spain forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Spain if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

really

come on John, that's not a proper introduction  :whistle:

Hii im very new in ALicante im 37 years old speaks arabic and english love arts design travel cultures movies and will love to find frirnds we can descover the city witt, thinking to buy a bicicleta!!!!

;) Hello to all !!

thank for inviting me Julian.
I have over 20 years experience in the real estate in Spain, so if I can help anyone.... just ask.
2 years  ago I have choosen Barcelona (and area) for my work  area, but am familiar with lots of places in Spain.

cheers!

Hello Julian & Everyone,
I am a new  member and I have just posted a '2 sides of the postcard' reply about living here,
Over 15 years ago I moved here. I live a little way from the coast -in a beautiful valley.
My home is a stone built  finca, which I share with my rescue cats.
My business is Weddings. I used to do a lot of planning and catering-
but as I am now somewhat more mature- I do less of that.-too many hrs on the feet.
I am a Registered Humanist Celebrant- so I  write and conduct non religious weddings,
funerals, baby naming etc.
Some friends and I started the first Women in Business Club here many years ago
( despite being told by the local Council that it would not be possible !)
It took some years to make legal but we did it. I was Vice President for a few years.
We did, and still do., a lot of fund raising to help the victims of Domestic violence of all Nationalities,
and support the local shelters,  liasing with Councils to help, and get the families back on their feet..
So -enough for now. always work to do.. and anxious Brides. .
Susan

Hi everybody, I'm Francesca, just landed in Barcelona from Geneva, to relocate here with my family. I arrived here following my husband's job relocation and I'm currently struggling with spanish burocracy (getting the NIE, updating passport, doing the empadronamiento...) which is very different from what I get used back in Switzerland. Hope to find some support here, new connections and friends :-)
Since I arrived just a couple of weeks ago, I 'm still pretty involved in all sorts of practical matters: from finding a long term home for my family, to finding a school for the children and dealing with a completely new culture. Any help will be very much appreciated, as well as any other expat in Barcelona wishing to grab a coffee together.

I plan to retire and relocate to Barcelona this coming fall.  my brother is also considering coming along. if my brother is not coming along I would be looking for a one bedroom/bath w/a washer/dryer, terrace, modern and near markets,, bistros, museums and near public transport.  I would not like to pay over $1,000.  if my brother decides to come we would want a 2 bedroom/2 bath and all the other  criteria listed above.  our budget would be $3,000.
what areas would you recommend and can we contact you closer to moving time to arrange a date/time to mtg.  thank you

Hola,
I have been living in Madrid for almost 4 years with my two young children. I am a stay at home mum while my hubby works to feed us.

Madrid is a colourful and full of life city to live in. Be it single, couple or family, you can never be bored living in Madrid.

You may wish to follow my blog at Singaporeanexpatmuminmadrid or email me if you have any questions that I may be of your help.

Cheers,
Shirlyn

Hi all,
Alex mid 30's from London, I've been living in Valencia for a few years. I teach english periodically. Looking to meet more english speakers.
have a good one all

Hi,
I moved to Madrid in August and am slowly adjusting from the wee village on the west of Scotland where I came from.
I work 4 weeks on/4 weeks off in the North Sea, so my time in Madrid is always a holiday, much to the disgust of my girlfriend.
Would like to meet some folks for hill walking/mountain biking and most probably a couple of pints after  :D

Hello All,

Thank you for your introduction.

However, it would be much better if you could create a new thread for each separate question.

This will help members to better guide you and provide you with useful information or advice.

Please note that the Spain classifieds is at your disposal. If ever you want to post an advert in a particular category, please feel free for better visibility.

Thank you,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Hello,
Mathieu 33 french, just coming back from Mexico after a 10 years staying. Looking for living in Spain's coast, Barcelona or Granada would be great. Actually watching job's offers (textile engineer + MBA industry = industrial buyer + technical sales). Once I find the job I would look for roomie(s) in case my girlfriend stays in Mexico. Finally, will look for hang glider and paraglider pilots to practise together.
Saludos :-)

Hi , eventhough I am from Puerto Rico and now married and living in Valencia you are welcome to contact us.  i speak English as a second language and would like that my husband get involved because he understands but for him is a little bit uneasy to speak it fluently.  I am at Valencia city. Hmmm soon the fallas will start.

whenever you are in Valencia city write me through here

Hello everyone. 

I am new to Alicante and would like to speak with expats and get help and advice on life and work.  I am currently finalising my move and on 1 April I am in at the deep end! So looking forward to the move. 

My Spanish is above basic having a Latina wife who has taught me enough over the last ten years so I hope this gives me an edge out here.

Please let me know of any clubs or associations which I can join to make friends and smooth my new life for me, my wife and my boys.

Hi, my name is Dawn and I have lived in Mallorca for years...I love it here and so happy to help anyone looking for help.    I have friends and family here who are all English-speaking and work in marketing for a UK company based near Palma de Mallorca.  The only thing missing is the opportunity to practice Spanish!  So any fluent Spanish speakers who want to learn English, please get in touch. I'd love to get a language practice group going.  Learning a language is far more fun outside the classroom.  Any other English speakers who want to learn Spanish conversation can also get in touch - the more the merrier!

Hi Everyone!
A friend of mine just introduced me to this blog last week - I wish I had known about it when we moved to Barcelona 4 years ago from Boston, MA!  But it's never too late!!  This was our first relocation though likely not our last.  My husband and I both work, though my work is from home as my clients are overseas in the States.  We've got 2 boys ages 6 and 9 in international school here who have made amazing friends from all over the world (I love that they are becoming global citizens!).  We LOVE to travel and have been embracing every free moment possible to see as much of Europe as we can during our time here and we've been blogging about it along the way:  www.megustatuzapatos.blogspot.com.  Looking forward to meeting more ex-pats on here!!

Julie

i  live in Calvia

hi all, ive been here for donkeys years and myself and a few friends have formed a cricket club in the heart of valencia, we are looking for new members for our new season in ECCL división 1, training every thursday at the Baseball ground on the dry river bed, 8 til 10pm and a beer afterwards, hope to see you there, more info on our fb page and website, cheers and amunt levantecc

Hey! I'm Laura! I'm from Spain but lived in London for a year, so I kind of shared the experience of being an expatriate some years ago. I wouldn't like to lose my English, so it would be really nice if I could find someone to practice English with here in Madrid. Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Hi there! My name is Danielle and I currently live in Brooklyn and work as a graphic designer in Manhattan. This coming September, I will be making a move to Spain to teach English. I'm not sure which city I will be living yet but hopefully I will be in the region of Andalucia. I'm excited for this new change and would love to meet new friends who are making the change as well or locals who live in the area.

Hi guys i am from Madrid normally i go to a interchange bar to speak english is a good place to meet people and make friens if you are coming to Madrid

Respected Sir,
My name is Khurram Sattar
I am from Pakistani
And 10 Years experience in Restaurant Waiter/Server from Pearl Continental Hotel Lahore.
And 1 Years experience in Restaurant Kitchen Helper from Pearl Continental Hotel Lahore.
My education is FA and i am good looking smart and Hardworker.

:) Good Morning one and all from Doncaster S.Yorks ! We are considering moving to Almeria in the near future , still haven't got the get up and go to take the plunge , have been going to do it for a few years now ,I think that this year may be the year to get the ball rolling !! ;)

susan lederman 

2013-09-149 posts

I plan to retire and relocate to Barcelona this coming fall.  my brother is also considering coming along. if my brother is not coming along I would be looking for a one bedroom/bath w/a washer/dryer, terrace, modern and near markets,, bistros, museums and near public transport.  I would not like to pay over $1,000.  if my brother decides to come we would want a 2 bedroom/2 bath and all the other  criteria listed above.  our budget would be $3,000.
what areas would you recommend and can we contact you closer to moving time to arrange a date/time to mtg.  thank you

hi everyone

Hi Danielle!!!
nice place you're moving to. i bet you would love it . many ancient places to visit such as Alhambra , Cordoba etc the worlds most famous and busy places. thats really fun :)
or if you would like to visit Barcelona would love to meet up for an exchange of languages or fun etc :)

Hi everyone. My name is laura. Im from ireland. I am very much hoping to move to madrid in the near future. Have you moved there??? Any advice would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance. Feeling excited!! :D

Hi everyone. My name is Laura and im from ireland. I hope to move to madrid in the near future as I have met an amazing man from madrid :-) I have always wanted to move to spain and I guess now is my chance. I love the sun and well we sure dont see much of it here in ireland!! Lol. If you have recently moved to madrid or are thinking of moving please do get in touch it would be great to know some other people who speak english as I am only learning spanish now. Thanks in advance. Feeling excited  :D

Hey, I'm Scott. I am moving to Valencia mid August to take up a teaching post at a British school. Looking forward hearing from people there or who lived there with any tips, advice etc. Anyone wanting make friends?? I am a sociable 27 year old, nervous but excited about the big move... Any other teachers or ex pats in the area, give me shout. I am visiting the city during my Easter  hols at the end this month.  :top:
I also speak fluent Spanish so would love to meet natives too  :cheers:
Gracias

As retirees in the not too distant future, my wife and I are considering Valencia as a place to eventually move to, as it seems to have all the things we like (vibrant city living, beach, arts, great weather unlike Seattle winters).  Would like any info on neighborhoods, expat resources, positives AND negatives of living there.  Will be making a research visit there later this year. Bare minimum Spanish. Not big fans of insular resort communities. One bedroom reasonably priced quiet apartment in central or beach neighborhood with city amenities (restaurants, stores, cafes, Metro)

Thanks!

Hello Everyone

I have only been in Spain for 6 months but I really love it here. We relocated from Indonesia to a tiny village just outside Alcala La Real (Andalucia) We have immersed ourselves in to village life and are slowly getting to grips with the language. We now run an art school for the children and we are starting classes for the adults soon. We still have lots of work to do on our house but we feel settled and enjoy living in this part of Spain. The pace of life suits us after the frenetic madness of Jakarta and gives us the opportunity to get on with projects and work that we never had time for before. Our plan for next year is to have residential art courses so if anyone is interested, please get in touch! Lottie :D

I hope you have a nice stay. Valencia is a wonderful city.

Hi to everyone,
I am a freelance photographer living and working in Barcelona. Originally from Calgary, Canada, I moved to the city in September of 2010 after having spent 18 months in Mexico. I sell limited-edition photographic prints in the Barcelona area, across Spain, and internationally. If youŽre interested collecting fine art, please contact me. I would be pleased to meet in person over coffee to talk about all things photography!

Hi Julien.

My name is Steve and I would like to thankyou for inviting me onto your page and if I could say hello to everyone else also.

My main reason for introducing myself is that I am looking for work and permanent move to Spain and I belive that I sent my CV to you Julien my apologies as I wasn't sure of the procedure etc.

To anyone who may be of assistance I am currently working as a New Business Sales Executive for a company in Leeds selling Shell and Esso diesel directly to business in a Telesales environment.

I have excellent interpersonal skills extremely adaptable and very comfortable with anyone and at any level either on the telephone or on a face to face basis. I consider myself bright very witty whilst maintaining a professional attitude at all times and have previous experience of working abroad with my previous position for a Recruitment company which I was there for for ten years until redundancy.That was in China so would consider Spain or anywhere in Europe to be no problem whatsoever.

I was a single parent until two years ago when my daughter left home and she is in total agreement with me that a new challenges both personally and professionally to be a very good idea.

If anyone who is looking for someone from the UK and can be of assistance to them or their business I am more than happy for those people to contact me and I will provide my CV etc for them.

I have also run small bars for my cousin in the past have done the karaoke for him and can at any time provide a reference from him. Just as a little aside I have also sung in bands before and I am a huge fan of the Stones Beatles Eagles etc What you could term Classic Rock I suppose. But like I said Im nothing if not adaptable.

Id like to thankyou Julien for your time and patience and to anyone else who may see this and look forward to hearing from you all soon.

Kindest regards.

Steve.

i was electrician in kenya , 5 years experience  good education now here i dont know how to start. now am learning the language of which i have the basics

Hello there

My name is Laura, and I am a 42 year old lady who is looking to finally make the move to Spain.

I am attempting to find work via tour operator channels, as I was a tour rep for Thomson for 10 years - 10 years ago. The only thing is, with seasonal work, come October, I'm jobless.

I am really looking for something more permanent, whether it be in an office or...wherever.

I finished my Masters in Tourism Management in 2012. It would be great to find a management position...but I doubt it very much.

I have no family, but I do have a little dog - he is my life. So, I will be looking for accommodation (really cheap) for maybe a month to begin with, and then we'll go from there.

If there is someone on this site, who can help me with any of the above, then I'd be truly grateful. Even if there is someone - a friend of a friend, who could help me out with accomm, then that would be great.

Oh, I've lived and worked in many Spanish resorts, so if anyone is looking for any info about resorts etc., then I can maybe help you out too.

Bye for now
Laua

I will be in Spain May 8th to check things out~~If I decide to stay I will let you know as I am looking to purchase a cheap home if possible~~Then I will need renters too!! good luck! Nancy

[moderated : No free adverts on the forum please post in Housing]

Closed