Manama post office move

Hi, just went to Manama post office this morning and found a notice on the door that they moved. Quoting: I have moved all postal services to the new building Delomn 1 behind united bank opposite awal library. I googled all 3 landmarks and couldn't find anything. I assume Delomn is wrongly spelled Delmon. Does anyone know where is that office now, have address or phone number… Would greatly appreciate it.

Is this the post office by the Souq?

Is there a reason why you use that one? I am looking on line for you but like you I can't find anything. Can you go to another post office and enquire there? Budaiya, Bahrain Mall etc?

Let us know how you get on please

I do use other post offices often, but now I received the package and it's in the manama branch, I can't pick it up anywhere else...

That is NOT good news. Try the link here

Cheers Jos,

I'll ring them up tomorrow morning, I'm in Saudi now.

The "Delmon 1" they refer to is the "Delmon Tower" - its the one opposite Manama Center and the NBB building. It has the Kuwait Finance House branch on one side and the United Bank Limited branch on the other side. It is in between the "YK Al Moayyed & Sons" showroom and office building and the "Constitutional Courts".

Delmon Tower has two "wings", numbered 1 and 2. The United Bank side is 1 and the Kuwait Finance House side is 2 - or the other way around. Cannot remember which is which :)

Link on wikimapia:
https://maps.google.com.bh/maps?q=Delmo … CGsQtgMwCg

"Awal Library" they refer to is actually "Awal Stationery". (the Arabic word for stationery and library is the same - hence the confusion to the person who translated/typed the note). Awal Stationery is a store just behind the Delmon Building.

From what I understood, they have moved the Manama post office to the Delmon Tower. When you get to the building you will see it has a pathway between the United Bank and Kuwait Finance House branches. The post office is on the ground floor and post boxes are on the 1st floor.

Let us know if you need more information.

Good luck.

Farhaz, this is great, I know exactly where it is now, thanks a lot. I'll go there tomorrow morning.
Cheers.

There is a small post office in the Financial Harbour from what i found out last year, Its in one of those two tall buildings (one closer to GBCorp). This post office is small and is on the same floor as the Jawad mini supermarket. I think its the 2nd floor.

Hope this helps.  :)

jaz  :cool:

:top:

Jazzy - we are probably neighbours.  :)

Farhaz, it's exactly where you said, great directions, thank you so much.

flying_circus wrote:

Farhaz, it's exactly where you said, great directions, thank you so much.

Thanks a lot for the note. Glad to have been of assistance.