NEW SPECIMEN (BANGKOK)

Hi I have moved in from New Zealand and it would be great to meet some newcomers or people who live here  for longer period of time and share experience.

What area is best to live in? Driving licence? Buying a motorbike? How to get out of the city for weekend? Are there any good bands and concerts around?

These are some of the topics I would like to discuss .. :)

Thank you for your input in advance...

Martin

Hi
it all depends on your daily life style.if u need to travel to relatively far distances every day its ok to buy a motorbike otherwise u can use motor taxis ,they are every where.
for going out of bkk on weekends u shall choose your destination first,if ur gonna go to pataya and sea side u can use van for travel,cost 100 baht for ticket.u can go from victory monument station ,u can go to several similar places from there too.places such as Petchuburi,Hoa hin ,.....

Oh cool .. this is a good info. I have an office in Chatuchak, but I go to the city quite often. One on my client is Channel 3 tv. Good tips for the van ...Thank s!!

your wellcom
From chatuchak u can use BTS for travel inside bkk and u can use van for going to rangsit,AIT university,Doung muang airport(for internal flights), Future park ,air force Museum  ...
good luck