Taking Money Out of Argentina

Hi,

So, I have the  following question that I'm hoping someone could answer and perhaps direct me to a concrete source on this  (I'm apparently too stupid to google it), preferably via PM.

I'm in the running for a job in  Argentina that would look quite good on my resume and presumably pay quite well, although I don't yet know whether salary will be in pesos or dollar. I would have to relocate there from Britain and open a new bank account.

My question is this, while I would probably take the job for experience and because it would be great to live in Buenos Aires for a while I would probably not plan on staying any longer than three-five years. In that case, is it easily possible to dissolve my bank account and wire all my amassed funds to my new location? I heard there's a 300$ monthly limit for withdrawing from the country and despite the resume value it would not make sense for me to take the job if the money was essentially be tied to Argentina.

Help is appreciated :)!

hello, well as you said it is difficult to transfer money in USD, but i think there is another way as if you want to send money for a family member, ceiling of 1,500. You need to have a proof for to whom you are sending and how is he related to you. I didn`t try it, may be it have more details.

usually the banks don`t help much, it is easier for them to tell you that you can`t. Also I think you should before explain where did you get the USD from.. I think to easiest way is to send back money with friends going back to your home town.

Also be aware that unless you are a diplomat, you cant have a bank account in USD.

Good Luck

That's all quite scary to hear. WIll have to find out everything about those regulations and possibilities before I take a job...

for sure there is a way, but it will be complicated. for me i did not figure it out till the moment.

Hi,

As not said clearly, it's almost impossible to sent dollars or any other foreighn currency from Argentina. I live here for six years and know pretty well the tricks but also  the risks for you. So via MP send me a private mail and we will talk.

Hi,
The most easiest way is taking your money cash with you. Just to the amount of 10000 usd, there isn't any problem, first of all you've got to recieve dollars at your office, with pesos you're coming nowhere. If not, i got some exchange offices in BsAs where you can deposit and one minute later it's at your destiny in Antwerp, Paris, Madrid... and the commission is small. You can also travel to Uruguay and deposit on your account overthere (first you've got to open an account).... and then easily to transfer... slds, Peter de Tigre...