Hello from Denver!

Hello guys!

This is a guy from Spain living all the way in the Denver, Colorado. I have been a teacher for several years in the USA although I am currently part of an awesome literacy program at my local library. I found this site through Twitter and so far it looks great. I have a lot of experience with visas and paperwork because of my little translation business and my own process(es).

I hope I can help around.

Un saludo

You will love Denver.  I lived/worked there for 25 years before retiring to the islands 8 years ago.

Bob K

How do you like the Denver?  Or the rest of the Colorado?  Is it very different from living in the Spain?

I loved living there and lived in the mountains just west of Denver.  We were avid skiers, hikers, scuba divers.  9 years ago we retired and moved to the Caribbean never to see snow again, which is a good thing now.

Bob K

Denver is awesome!! So much stuff to do every single day/night/weekend! The main difference with Spain is having to drive all the time, but besides that and how expensive jamón and cheese can be....I am really happy!

Is the cheese from the Spain any good?  I've had the cheese from the Holland, specifically the Amsterdam, and it was excellent.

Yeah! Spanish cheese is awesome! Look for Manchego, it is pretty easy to find... A plus if you have jamon with it...

Did you find a good place to buy cheese and jambon? i guess your answer would be Whole Foods. Denver does not have too many choices.

King Soopers has the good Spanish cheese. I never try to find jam on, it is always gonna be overpriced....

And probably not as good quality. Did you notice that cold meats in the US, like, ham, salami, and other types are not as good as in Europe, ( in Germany or France) ?  Even from small scale gourmet  manufactures ?

I am not sure if WF manchego is more expensive than KS but  from my experience KS charges almost the same prices but WF quality of cheeses is better. try manchego from WF next time... :)

Just if the are having samples...lol By the way, what do you do in Denver?

bagatges wrote:

King Soopers has the good Spanish cheese. I never try to find jam on, it is always gonna be overpriced....

King Soopers, that is a name I haven't heard in a long time. They were the best though. I use to live in Greenwood Village in the DTC.

Hello to everybody there in the "Mile High City" from this wacky Canadian lost in Brazil

You might also look at Whole foods and Trader Joe's just opened as well in the Denver area

Bob K