Searching for an accommodation

Hello there , I ve been accepted to be volunteer for the fifa world cup 2014, I have a problem in finding an accommodation or at least a place to stay in during my time there ..I was even looking to rent a room or a bed or anything but its all booked and honestly the dream of my life is to be there during this time of the year ...ill be greatfull if u can help me with that or if u know anyone who can host me .I am friendly and i really love to make social connections and discover new culture and traditions , i am well educated and cultivated .fluent in arabic , english and french .you can check my profile for more info :) thanks a lot for your help as soon as u can

You might want to try looking for accommodations a little bit farther outside of Rio where it will be quieter and won't be so booked up. Maybe to the north as far away as Maricá, Saquarema or Itaboraí; or to the south Angra dos Reis or Mangaratiba. You could still get to and from Rio in a fairly reasonable time. This late in the game it's going to be difficult to find accommodations for sure. Good luck!

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

These areass arround the brazil , willl it be safe to stay there or at least , go back there every night alone !!? Will not be any risk of thiefs or any violent actions ?!

Follow the safety tips in the topic "A Gringo's Survival Guide to Brazil" and you'll probably be safer there than in Rio.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=107384

There is crime and violence everywhere in the world, it's up to each of us to avoid it. Geez, even the heads of state aren't immune.... people have broken into places like Buckingham Palace and the Whitehouse.

This is really a surprising question coming from someone from Lebanon

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

With traffic from World cup then staying outside of Rio would be crazy.Traveling on a bus late at night even crazier. I have rode the Rio buses at night with my ex Brazilian girlfriend.To most areas in and Around Rio.It was and is very very dangerous and will be worst during World cup! If you aren't getting paid and you are short on funds.You have waited way too late.Unless you know a Brazilian family that you can stay with then you are out of luck.Everything is booking up and money talks ! I have many friends in Rio and almost all are renting out their spare rooms for big bucks!Air fair will be crazy and sooo will everything else.You should wait and go see Rio at another time.If you want to just for World cup .Go to the bank and get a loan. Cause in Rio June 2014 you will need all money you can get ! Later and  Good Luck !!!! I love Rio but it costs way too much!