Safetyness for girl to be alone in Al Khobar

Hi,

My husband has got a commisioning engineer job in Al khobar in electrical field and we are planning to move there, currently we are in India. I am expecting a baby in 15-20 days. I was born and brought up in Jeddah, Saudi until I completed my 12th std so I know the culture over there and I am used to it.

The info I need is my husband's job involves working in power plants in other cities so I would have to stay alone for a week or two with a new born at home. How safe is it for me to stay alone? And can I go alone or shopping or to the hospital when my hubby is not there in town?

I am currently a software engineer and in Saudi I dont think there are jobs for IT field. If at all I need to take a teaching job, B.Ed. will be necessary for teaching job I guess, so will it be possible for me to do corress courses in Al Khobar?

If we take up the offer I am planning to move after my baby completes 3 months. How long will it take to get a famly visa and how much wud it cost?

How much does a decent 1 bedroom flat cost for rent?

Hello nibalan,

Unfortunately, like Jeddah, the only way of moving around here will be by taxi. For nearby shops, most areas are safe to walk to. but staying alone should be safe around here.

For jobs, i am not sure i will be able to help you with that and if you will need to do any courses if you want to start teaching.

Ali.live has answered the second part of your question :)

All the best!

You can get job in khobar and Akrabia is the best place to rent a family apartment.  It will normally cost you SAR 1500  per month. One bed with guest room plus kitchen and one common bathroom . Your visa depends on your hubby visa profession. There are many IT companies in khobar so it will not be a big issue for you to get job here. Its very safe place to travel or shopping alone.

Hi agar aap ko Dammam me Ghar chahiye to Mai de sakta ho pls aap apna contact no dijiye Mai call Karta ho

Hi Karkar 1231985,

Welcome to Expat.com

Since this an english speaking forum could you please post in English only so that everyone can understand your messages.

Thank you

Chris
Expat.com