90 Day Visa in Costa Rica

I have seen on other posts that sometimes a Costa Rican immigration officer may stamp a 30 or 40 day visa in your passport. How can I make sure the immigration officer I meet will stamp 90 days in mine.  I have rented a house for 86 days and would like to avoid having to take a bus to Nicaragua to get my passport re stamped or having to pay to ask the govt for an extension. Should I show the officer my rental agreement and return airline ticket ?

Thanks for your help

Anne

Unfortunately, you can't be certain of getting 90 days, but presenting your rental agreement and ticket may help. If asked how long will you be staying, say 90 days and keep your fingers crossed. I doubt that you could get an official extension, for this reason and the cost may not be worth it.

When you first arrive in country, you will get a 90 day visa. The problems always arise when you leave country and re-enter. If you do not stay out of country for 3 days, you might get a shorter visa. It really depends on the immigration officers interpretation of the law. To play it safe, it is best to stay in Panama or Nicaragua for 3 days before you return.

You will not always get a 90 day stamp on your first visit.  We received a 20 day stamp on our last trip.

Yes, but that wasn't your first trip down here; was it? On subsequent trips the immigration people may change your visa time. Sometimes it is based on the date of your return flight, or other onward travel and sometimes it appears to be arbitrary.

I would like to ask for something which I understood that Both Panama and Nicaragua don't need visa entrance on border
My nationality is egyptian and I hope if you can help me to find away to move to Costa Rica
Thank in advance
Yasser

As I explained in your previous post that CR does require a Consular visa that the visitor must have with them, prior to arrival. You are quite correct in that both Panama and Nicaragua does not require a visa prior to arrival...however Cost Rica does.

If you do manage to 'arrive' in Costa Rica you will only be given a visa stamp for 30 days.

You cannot legally work with this visa.

Thank you for your email
As there is not a consulate for Costa Rica in Egypt. how can I get the visa throw Internet or  can i get it in the airport for 3o days? if not can I get the visa from Nicaragua or Panama? 
And what are the papers they need? 
I read that they need passport with validity not less than 6 month, hotel reservation, airticket with return route and bank statement,is there is a limite for it (I mean specific amount to get the acceptance).
Sorry for all these demands
Waiting for your reply
Thanks and best regards
Yasser

Our friend went to the Embassy here, collected and filled out many forms saying that her family were willing to accept and support him when he married into the family, and they thought that this would be enough. When his flight landed in SJO he was not allowed to leave the arrival area and was then placed on a plane to Nicaragua where he contacted lawyers to try and get the necessary visa. However this failed and he was sent back to Egypt.
So, I don't know what to advise you to try....but without a work visa what will you do to support yourself?

It is said that it is cheaper to live in Panama and Nicaragua...and obviously easier to enter the country.

Robby1949 wrote:

When you first arrive in country, you will get a 90 day visa. The problems always arise when you leave country and re-enter. If you do not stay out of country for 3 days, you might get a shorter visa. It really depends on the immigration officers interpretation of the law. To play it safe, it is best to stay in Panama or Nicaragua for 3 days before you return.

There's no such thing as a 3 day stay before you return.  This applies to Ticos bringing back goods.  You can leave the country for 5 minutes and then return as I've done many times.

Thank you for your reply
Really I appreciate your help, the situation in Egypt became very difficult so I will tell you what I am planning, I plane to come first with a tourist visa it doesn't matter 30 days i need only one week I will try to find something I can make a permanent contract and with that I will be able to get the residency for the same period of my contract, I hopefully will find the chance especially I have enough qualifications  in all tourism field (hotels, reception, restaurants, coffee shops and travel agency)  if I successeded I will bring my family My wife also have avery good qualification she is a nurse assistance for eyes operations she has a very good experience more than 20 years so we will be useful for the country and our God will help us,
I explained every thing what is your opinion? 
Thanks and best regards
Yasser

Even a short trip requires a consular visa.
Getting a work visa will be difficult and it is only given if there are no Costa Rican citizens available that can do the work. The wages are low here.
Have you looked for Egyptian companies that are looking to hire Egyptian employees here?
You wife would need her own work visa.

Is there egyptians company in Costa Rica? How can I get their contacts, if you know please advice
Thanks and best regards
Yasser afifi