New concept of interpretation service

Dear all, one of my colleagues (I am a licensed translator myself) have launched a unique interpretation service for expats in Russia: 24 hours a day professional translators are available on the phone to solve any immediate language difficulties a foreigner may experience. Seems to be very practical as you pay by minutes and a minute costs only 0,85 EUR. Do you think it could actually be useful in your private or professional life? Please, comment and thanks in advance.

Hi there, :)
You have a good idea.

To quickly make it work before others imitate you, it's best to immediately spread to all the other big (Russian) cities and include other major languages not only English.

You must know your costs very well to diminish the chances of the new start-up to go belly up fast.
Do you have a business plan?  How do you get financing?

You could also post in the Russia forum here although I suggest you quickly contact a certified accountant to help you with the business plan and funding options.

When you are the first person with a great idea it's better to make it work first than just ask questions around publicly, parading your concept for free to other people who look for business ideas like hungry sharks.  They may have the resources to start right away and you will be left behind.

Hurry up.  Why hesitate?  :cool:

Thanks a lot, John, we really appreciate such useful feedback!

Basically, the service is already launched and technically everything is functioning. The most important for us now is to find our target category of clients. I wonder what kind of people would be interested and what else would be sensible to offer them :top: