How to get a Norway skilled worker visa from India.

How to get a Norway skilled worker visa from India.

Step 1. Get a valid offer letter in UDI prescribed format. Also get documentation of housing in Norway (e.g. Tenancy agreement, lease of house, etc.) or a letter which states that company is responsible for finding suitable accommodation for you.
Step 2. To apply for skilled worker resident permit, you should Apostille your birth certificates (matriculation certificate or birth certificate) and marriage certificate (if you are planning to bring your family to Norway). It is a big process in India. The procedure is given in http://www.mea.gov.in/legalization-of-documents.htm
All original documents requiring attestation or Apostille should be first authenticated by the designated authorities of the State/Union Territory from where the document has been issued. The Ministry of External Affairs legalises the documents on the basis of the signature of the designated signing authorities of the State Government; hence it does not take responsibility of the contents of the documents. In case of personal documents, Home/General Administration Department of the concerned State Government are the designated authorities. In case of educational documents, the documents should first be authenticated by the Education Department of the concerned State Government/Union Territory. Commercial Documents are to be pre-authenticated by the respective Chambers of Commerce. The details of the Regional Authentication Centres (RACs) in the States are in the website. The original document is to be submitted directly along with a photocopy of the document and a photocopy of the Passport of the applicant. Ministry will not legalize the photocopies.
In short
a)    Birth certificate (if you born before 26.01.1989) – It is a matriculation certificate then it is to be attested by Education department at RAC assigned by Ministry of external affairs. It will take 1 day to 2 months depends on the state.
b)    Birth certificate (if you born after 26.01.1989) – It is birth certificate issued by local municipality. It is to be attested by home department. It will take normally 15 days to 2 months for verifying by police and get attested.
c)    Marriage certificate – same as b
d)    Once state attestation has been completed you can submit your certificates for attestation with prescribed fee (50 Rs.) at Ministery of external affairs offices in Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Guwahati or New Delhi. Normally you will get attested on same day. Some agencies (urogulf) are there to do this but they charge around 5000 Rs, if you feel difficult to go the center.

Step 3. You can apply for entry type D visa (10-15 working days) or/and you can apply for skilled worker resident permit (2-6 months)

Apply online for through UDI application portal. The details are given in the following website.
http://www.udi.no/Norwegian-Directorate … pply-for-a
The application is to be approved by the reference person from your employer. Once it is approved you can pay application fee (3000 Kr) and ready for submission of your application at Cox and Kings office (http://www.no.ckgs.in/).
Step 4. Submit following documents at CKGS application centre
•    Passport photo (white background) not older than six months (35-40 mm) – face zoom 70-80%
•    Application form for “Residence permit” and cover letter from the online application portal https://selfservice.udi.no/

•    Applicant's "Applicant Information Form", duly completed- it can be downloaded from ckgs website
•    Labour contract/Offer of Employment in original signed by both parties.
•    Documentation of relevant education and work experience.
•    Documentation of housing in Norway (e.g. Tenancy agreement, lease of house, etc.) – Get a letter from employer
•    Applicant's birth certificate with apostille from the Ministry of External Affairs.
•    Documentation proving change of name (if any).
•    Copy of applicant's passport (all relevant and used pages). The passport should have at least six months validity, containing at least two blank pages and issued within the previous ten years
•    CV
Step 5. If you have submitted for D type visa, you will get visa stamped within 10-15 working days. If you have applied for skilled worker, you will get a decision letter stating that “your application for temparary resident permit for work has been granted”  from UDI within 2-6 months.

If you want to contact UDI during processing time you may raise the query in the following link

http://www.udi.no/Norwegian-Directorate … -OTS/Konta

Step 6. Then you have to submit your passport for visa stamping. It will take 10-15 working days to get visa stamped. The visa will be given for 7 days (Normally 3 month validity for entry). Within 7 days you have to report to the nearest police station in Norway.

Hi asokan78,

Thank you for sharing these useful information on the forum, this will surely help other members.  :top:

Don't hesitate to share other information on the Norway forum, you are welcome.

Regards,

David.

Expat-blog team.

This is useful Info  :)

Just to be sure ,this is not information for Job Seeker visa  for anyone who wants to apply for visa in Norway from India.

The only way to get job related visa is  with confirmed  offer letter from employer

Hello Asokan,

I am Sankar from Chennai currently living in Bangalore. I am waiting to receive a job offer as naval architect in oil & gas company in Stavanger. I have previous worked in UK, Finland, India, Singapore and recently in Australia. I have been to Aalesund two years back on a business trip for my company. I read about the early employment scheme in Norway. My concerns are regarding the attestation of birth certificate (born 1982) i can get it attested by Education department at RAC assigned by Ministry of external affairs in Chennai. Should i also get all my education certificates, work experience letters attested?
I am planning to tell the company to apply for the visa through early employment scheme (Telling them to take care of my visa process) and i can apply for entry visa, i think the process in this way will be done quicker.
Could kindly advice me how i should proceed if i want to come through the early employment scheme in Norway. I am asking your guidance here because i know how slow the Nordic bureaucracy and personally experienced in Finland for 5 yrs.
Your reply will be very much appreciated. 

Regards
Sankar

Really very useful information shared.  Current processing time for work permit is around 6 months if you apply it from India.  My employer had to pay rental for more than 6 months unnecessarily. 

Some more information on family immigration...
D-Visa can be applied for family members as well once the temporary residence permit granted.  D-Visa processing time will be around week time and for family members it will be 10-15 days.  For family immigration, you can book online in UDI and pay 5200 NOK as fees(only for adults) and take appointment for submission in the nearest police station or SUA(http://www.sua.no/en/).  I prefer SUA, because the processing time is very fast.  In SUA, you can apply tax card, finish the photo/finger prints formalities.  Once these completed, you will get the residence card in your address after a week and also after 10 days, you will receive the decision on family immigration.  Again you need to book appointment for family members photo/finger print formalities. Then residence card will follow...

Hi Sankar,
Only your birth certificate need to be attested. Educational certificated not required to be attested for processing visa.

All the best
Asokan

I would suggest to apply for D visa and apply for work visa after reaching in Norway. You can go to the politi and apply for it. This is quick and easy.

How to find an employer in Norway... Currently i m working as customer relation officer in Oman

Hi,

I am travelling to Norway in Nov'15. I plan to bring my wife to Norway in some time. Is she eligable to work in Norway.
I have skilleed worker resident permit for 2 years.
Need to know what type of visa will my dependant get and if she can work in Norway under dependant visa.

hello  Arpan,

Hope yo are doing well. Can you please tell me how long it took the UDI to grant you a work permit?

Thanks,
Kavya