Student Visa Proof of Sponsor Help

House Please I need a solution on this or help from someone who could. Advice is equally accepted if it will help to solve the problem.

I got admission in Uni Mannheim....I have funds for the school fees and the rest but to Issue Visa for me the embassy needs proof of funds : 8000 Euro in a German blocked account or Proof of Sponsorship (Verpflichtungerklarung )

Please, I can't afford 8000 Euro but I can afford school fees and accomodation...I have a meaningful sum that would help me survive and even work during holidays because I heard students can do so. All I need is a working German resident or Citizen to help me get Verpflichtungerklarung ( Sponsorship Letter) From Auslande Behorde .
As of My Character...I assure you there's nothing wrong about me. You will see that if you met me and even from pieces of me in what I wrote.

Please...You will be  saving a soul when you do this for me...We can  still discuss if you have terms for this.  Vielen dank...Awaiting  a  saving reply as the deadline is fast approaching and I 'm running around to see If I can meet up with any of the options.

The amount they ask for, EUR8000, is the official minimum (poverty line) for surviving a year in Germany. This should preventing you from being broke or needing state aid while you are in Germany.
If you have less, don't come. Seriously! Germany is NOT a cheap place - and studies are designed to be full-time, so you cannot expect to be able to work at the side without your course results suffering.
In addition, your sponsor would accept responsibility for your living costs, everything you do - including criminal activity - and is liable for repatriation cost in case you need to be sent home. Nobody other than a family member or close friend will do that!
I recommend you safe some more and try again when you have an appropriate amount.

I read your post Beppi...but you know about money saving, the more you try to save, the more something comes up. I have a family and more than half the money...I know the work of the sponsor. That'st why I'm asking...thanks for your advice but my mind is already made up.

If you are unable to save, good luck in "finding" the money!
The rule is basically in place to prtect you from failure, since that really is the minimum amount you need. And nobody in his right mind will agree to be your sponsor (without being family or close friend).

If you are very good, you can also approach DAAD or similar organisations for scholarships.

Hi,

Sorry for your situation but I honestly don't see anyone accepting to be a sponsor to a stranger. I came her in late 2012 to do my masters abd had to show the same amount to be granted a visa. Just last week I had to renew it as I still have my thesis to submit to all other courses are done and they asked me to show 8000 again in the account despite the fact am almost done with my thesis and won't be in school for the entire year :mad:
Its not easy surviving here plus believe me getting a job ain't easy also. I suggest you opt for the u.k ad Germany has so many hidden costs you'll go crazy and the government won't readily help you

I heard you Beppi and Lizzyafri...the fact is that I have 4000 Euro and My parents who are my actual sponsors earn monthly. So I'm not scared of Germany Costs. And I must confess its pretty hard getting someone to be a sponsor... thank you both for your contributions. I appreciate

Hallo Raylucas,

I would suggest you look at applying for a "Duales Studium" or get a scholarship with the DAAD. If your parents can afford to sustain you in Germany, they can also act as your sponsors. Instead of a German verpflichtungserklärung, you would then instead need an "Affidavit of Support" which your parents can sign and have it certified by a recognized Notary in Nigeria then have this Affidavit confirmed by the Ministry of Foreign affairs in Nigeria before showing it to the Embassy as evidence that your parents will support you.

Also, it is hard to say you have enough money to sustain yourself yet you don't have the €8,000. Reason being that, on average a foreign student from a none EU country takes atleast 2yrs before they can get a job in Germany. From the time you land till the day you get a job, you will still have to pay for basics and living in a BIG city can prove to be very expensive. On average, a student uses close to €700 monthly on just basics without including entertainment, multiply that by 24months, and you already need atleast €16,800. (You now realize the €8000, isn't that much money after all)......

Try a scholarship or the affidavit from your parents or a Duales studium (you can read about this on my site at: http://mkenyaujerumani.de/). You still have time, most courses start in the winter semester.

As for working as a student in Germany, don't rely on that. Students are only allowed to work 120 full days (maximum 10hrs a day) or 240 half days (max 5hrs). Most companies will usually employ students to save on costs, thus most will pay the minimum which ranges from €6-€7,50 (at McDonalds and other warehouse or auditing companies or €8-10 an hour if you work at the Uni or in a company as a working student....Most companies will try to ensure that you don't surpuss the minimum wage that requires you to pay taxes and that is at €450 a month. (Then remember your expenses still remain at €700 and you're only allowed to work for 3months).....

To be blunt, this all sounds like a scam. There is really no way to survive in Germany with less than 8000 Euros a year. If your parents can provide this then they can be your sponsor, if not then not. If you want to appeal for money to help you get along, then be straight forward about it but it makes NO sense for someone to take responsibility to sponsor you and act like they have no obligations. Your self-proclamation of "nothing being wrong with you" is naive and laughable; it is not a guarantee of anything. Any scammer can claim to be legit - as they always do. If you are actually legit then you should appreciate the no nonsense advise that your approach here is not believable enough to be taken seriously. What your post boils down to is an appeal for help to defraud the German system into thinking you have a sponsor ready to take financial responsibility for you while not actually doing it. Thus you are trying to either scam the system or possible people naive enough to buy your strategy.

@ Tominstuggart...If I ask you to sign the proof of sponsor, you will say you don't know me and for that reason you won't sign. If I appeal for money from you...you will say its a scam. I don't know best how to explain that the financial attestation for visa application here is 8000 Euro in a blocked account, Proof of sponsor or Scholarship from a reputable Organization and there is no option for Parents being a guarantor or something related to that. Just that 3 options. The manner you noted your opinion is quite acerbic and irritable but I will overlook that.

''But it makes NO
sense for someone to take responsibility to
sponsor you and act like they have no
obligations.''  Yes, I do agree I might sound faulty there but I was trying to say that I'm not  financially indebted to my sponsor because no one will like to start making his or her expenses on a total stranger.

I won't appreciate the no nonsense advice...When I have more to settle for. You don't expect me to settle for less and for my legitimacy you might question to know me further, more than this platform. This is what someone quite sensible and not always relating everything to a possible scam had done or should have done not making baseless assumptions.

I don't know what you have finalized as what the post has boiled down to but if you really want to protect the German system, you should start by manning their borders. If I asked people to help me with the remaining funds for myself, you will still find fault in it. So you either suggest a better idea than what I did or better still don't pan mine because you felt its an opportunity to prove yourself a patriotic fellow.

while I agree that Tominstuttgart's post was a bit harsher than it needed to be but he's basically saying the same thing that everyone else in the thread has said, and the same thing that everyone always says in the MANY threads in other country forums on this website. If it's even legal to sign a support/sponsorship for someone you don't know is also questionable. I know at least in the States it's not, so my guess is that someone who does it will be taking on additional risk in that respect. Since most of us in these forums are immigrants already, agreeing to possibly illegal circumstances is not the best way to maintain your legal standing in the country without worry.

Yes ECS... and I do understand it right from the ones others had already noted. My options were a sponsor or 8000 Euro and its not expected of me to tell people on a forum, ''Please I want money from you. Help'' Why I asked was - It was an idea and I suggested it and I thought it will be easier since I'm in a tight corner and someone might be willing to help even at the absurdity of it all...but that doesn't make me a scammer or some of those things he's indirectly refering me to be.
Thank you all for the suggestions...

Well I stand by everything I wrote. I tried to be diplomatic but also blunt and not dance around the obvious like most of the other posts have. My point is not to conclude that this is must be a scam but point out that it sounds like one and thus is not an effective approach if it is legit. Appealing for funds is of course difficult but more straight-forward - but this is not the place to do it. What is missing is any documentation or proof and the whole suggestion that one can sign a paper as a sponsor yet not be financially liable is not believable. I'm not sure what you are even trying to say with being a patriotic person or protecting the German borders but it is all beside the point. What I'm saying are that whether one agrees with all of the rules or not, they are there for a reason and need to be navigated and not just gone around with tricks. And to have a sponsor that is not really a sponsor is a kind of scam no matter how one paints it. Assuming you are legit, do you even speak German? How do you realistically expect to survive with so little money? Just "not worrying about it" and assuming you can get  work is not a viable strategy as far as I can see. If you find my questions challenging then what are you going to do when confronted by the harsher ones that can be asked by German authorities?

As I told you on another thread, where you also did this, please tone down your voice and post in a friendlier language that is more appropriate for this forum!
The OP gave no direct indication that this is a Scam, only your gut feeling says so. You might be right, of course, but that is not proof and give you no right to sound aggressive and accusative. I assumed (in the benefit of the accused) that he is just a confused young person with dreams too big for his actual possibilities, and clutching to a straw.

What you noted was just a display of arrogancy and then stylishly christened as diplomatic. Since what I asked was wrong, why not contribute or suggest something better rather than outright rejection and condemnation? Your post really added nothing to the topic at hand. As of what I'm saying about being patriotic or protecting the German borders - You seem to be ''Captain Save the German System'', Why not start with the Borders?
I wanted to answer your remaining questions but on a second thought, I owe you no explanation and they're not considered challenging at all.

@ Beppi, what a description of myself and my grandiose dreams. Lol

I don't know what else to say...

please remember this is a forum for expats and would-be expats. Insulting each other isn't helping anybody.

Hi everyone,

Please be aware that personal attacks, aggressive posts are not accepted on the forum. This thread is now closed.

Answers and advice have been already given to Raylucas > should you have any other question, i invite you to start a new topic on the Germany forum.

Thank you.

Closed