HOW MANY YEARS TO WAIT TO BE PERMANENT RESIDENT HERE IN MEXICO!

Hi everyone,

Just want to ask if how many years do i need to wait to be permanent residence here in mexico. I got married with a mexican here in mexico. And as of now i have the residente temporal good for two years,. And i dont know if i finish my 2 years will the immigration still give me a residente temporal? or permanent residency already? cuz i check on the internet they said that you will get your permanent residency fast if you get married with a mexican.

I dont know if this is true!?

Hope you can help me up.

Thank you!

I've heard four years on a temp, but being married, it might be different. I would go over to INM and ask to be upped to a perm. They can only say yes or wait.

" Vinculo Familiar" law states a spouse of a Mexican National can become a Residente Permanente when first applying for an INM visa but in practice they give you a Residente Temporal first. After 2 years on a RT you can get a Residente Permanente. Apply 30 days before your RT expires in the second year. No financial solvency proof should be needed.

I am also married to a Mexican and also have a two year temporary residency card. Their website states that we (spouses of Mexican citizens) can apply for permanent residency after TWO years, so as far as I know, it is two year. Good luck. :-)

I have my permanent residency having married a Mexican
Once the government changed last year so did the rules.
You can get your residency for just under 5000 pesos.

matt28 wrote:

I have my permanent residency having married a Mexican
Once the government changed last year so did the rules.
You can get your residency for just under 5000 pesos.

The new immigration law was done by the previous president and was started Nov. 11th 2012. Pena took office in Dec. 2012.

You obviously had a FM2 or FM3 before applying for a Residente Permanente under the new law with the "Vincuko Familiar" part of the new law.

First timers applying under the "Vinculo Familiar" law married to a Mexican National, without children have to get a 2 year Residente Temporal visa/card first before getting a Residente Permanente card.

If you applied before March 15th 2013 you might have gotten a Residente Temporal card for up to 4 years for first timers not married to a Mexican National but after March 15th they were only getting a 1 year Residente Temporal.

The actual "Viniculo Familiar" law states the spouse of a Mexican National with no children from the marriage, can get a Residente Permanente card first but in practice first timers could only get a 2 year Residente temporal first then a Residente Permanente.

All the other posterŽs experiences are correct and your experience is unique from their experiences.

If you showed proof of financial solvency and did not use the "Vinculo Familiar" law to get a Residente Permanente visa without showing financial solvency and you are a first timer that is a different situation.

The OP is a first timer.