Leasehold in bali query

Hi

I am hoping someone can help me, I am about to sign leasehold contract on a villa in Bali and was wondering what the norm is for repairs and maintenance to the property. From what i have been told minor repairs are the responsibility of the tenant and major repairs land lords responsibility. My question is what constitutes major or minor repairs and how is it decided.

For example water pump breaks down or roof leaking?

Also is it normal to get the previous leaseholder to warrant that there are no issues that they are aware of with the property?

TB

This all depends on the duration of your lease, and what legal instrument is your lease document.   

For example, if you're using a Hak Pakai as your lease instrument, (most favored for long term lease arrangements), then the lessee is normally responsible for all repairs to the buildings and systems, and the Hak Milik holder (land owner) would be responsible for any needed “repairs” to the land (a sinkhole, landslide, fallen tree) or bore (well) if that is your water source.  However, that is in general.

As a rule of thumb, with short term leases (say a year or less), the “landlord” should be responsible for all repairs and breakdowns for all of that which was in situ (present) at the time of the lease. 

In any event, whatever lease contract you are signing, these points should be crystal clear and stated within the contract…your responsibilities versus the landlord's responsibilities.  If left vague and undefined you can be 100% certain it is you who will end up paying.

Welcome to Bali!

responsibilities according to the contents of the contract, which will be detailed in the input services in the contract must be clear about servicing small or great service.

For example: if the automatic pump is damaged (including small service)
if the water pump on a broken underground pipe that goes into the ground (it includes servicing large or heavy)

if allowed to know, you will sign a villa in the area where

thanks,
setyo