Teaching salary and benefits with ADVETI

Hi everyone,

I have had an initial offer of a cluster teacher job with ADVETI. Any cluster teachers on here that can talk to me about their experiences? Also, I am to be working on the MOE project, whatever that is..

I have also been offered a package of 12000 plus 8000, which somebody here has described as appalling. It was my understanding that this was quite a good package, translating as £35k. Am I wrong?

Really been out off by all the tales of woe I've read on here. Should I be?

Many thanks,

Paul

Hi RX7,
Hope you enjoyed your teaching year in the UAE.
I have gone through a similar process with 'authorising' documents and the UAE diplomatic office in Canberra had to officiate while they are in the process of opening their new office in Wellington.
Your comments are informative. How did you find the living?
Looking forward to your feedback and thank you in advance.
Uackee

Hi guys  :)

I am currently working in Riyadh and have been offered a job as a Cluster Teacher for Adveti....I have received the initial offer and am awaiting the final offer.  I know this can take a while so I'm being patient.

I just want to speak to somebody that is already doing this job or, who has recently relocated to the UAE.  Just some tips, advice, anything really as I'm only about 90% sure that I'm going to take the job and want to be 100% certain!

Many thanks.

Jasmine_UK wrote:

Hi guys  :)

I am currently working in Riyadh and have been offered a job as a Cluster Teacher for Adveti....I have received the initial offer and am awaiting the final offer.  I know this can take a while so I'm being patient.

I just want to speak to somebody that is already doing this job or, who has recently relocated to the UAE.  Just some tips, advice, anything really as I'm only about 90% sure that I'm going to take the job and want to be 100% certain!

Many thanks.

hello Jasmine , my husband started with ADVETI recently(not cluster teacher) ,this is my e mail ***************************** I am happy to share our experience until now with u.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not post personal contact details here for your own security
TeacherNaz wrote:

Thanks for replying
My son will be 5 by the time we go there. So we will get the school fees for him.
I'll be teaching Maths. They haven't yet placed me in a school.

How difficult is it for the husband to get a job? I heard that he won't be allowed to get a job under my visa, but can get a work visa through the employer.

Thanks

Hi!
He can stay in this country under your visa and try for a job. Once he finds a job, he can change the visa. There is no legal issues in that. (He will get enough time to choose good offers and that will be an advantage)

Thank you.

I have sent you an email.

;)

Hi Paul,

Did you receive any advice from Cluster Teachers in UAE?  I have also been offered a post and am looking for some info.

Hello guys and good day. I had an interview with ADVETI in August, 2015 in Jordan and I have been selected for English teaching position. I've been asked to send my certs and other documents, which I did. I have also been told that this is some kind of collaboration project between ADVETI and the MOE. However, it's been more than a month now and I haven't received my initial contract yet. Is anybody still waiting for their initial contract? What about their salaries in case you have higher degrees (Master or PhD), would that make any difference in the salary? Thank you.

It doesn't make a huge difference in your salary, 13000 is tops apparently. ADVETI are well known for taking their time...be patient and keep emailing them.

Thank you indeed. Have a good day

Has anyone received a final offer from the August 2015 interviews?

I haven't received the final not did I receive the initial one either. Have you received the initial contract? Like they told you about ur salary and location?

only intial offer, no final offer though.

Best of luck.

Hello,

Like previous posters I have been offered 12000 + 8000 housing. Not relocation allowance.

I'm trying to read between the lines because the negative comments tend to be brief; it's difficult to get a real explanation about why it is so bad at Adveti. For my previous positions in Japan and Vietnam, if I google the companies there is a similar amount of vitriol but I loved working for these places. I guess if your teaching is a bit crap and the students don't like you then this has a kind of knock on effect and everything goes bad.

Anyone had a positive experience?

Also, I don't know which job I got accepted for. I thought it was teaching pre-university students but the guy in the interview said I'd be training other teachers. I looked surprised  by this, they still sent me an offer! I've done some research, maybe it's a cluster teacher or something.

Halliday

Yeah I've been offered the same too 12000+8000. I'm actually flying to UAE soon hopefully everything goes well. Thanks for your reply :)

It has nothing to do with teachers being crap and kids not liking you. 
The first time I met the woman who oversees ALL of the ADVETI schools, she told me that she hated my shoes..in those words.  She also told me that she wanted me to know that I was less important than the cleaners.  This was a line she used on many.
there was a bomb robot examining a bag left against our building. All the other buildings surrounding us had been evacuated.  We were told if we were doing our job, we wouldn't even notice they were out there. And what was the point of evacuating because had we left the room, we probably wouldn't have made it out in time anyway.  There are no fire detectors in this ancient building with wires hanging down.  You fingerprint in and out. Grown teachers wait in line and can't put their finger on it ONE MINUTE before the time or they lose their day's pay because they now won't allow you to take a half day.
The cleaners are mistreated but they are given notebooks to follow us and take notes on everything we do.  You will get emails periodically about their findings.
We sit for a week at a time when the kids get off- with nothing to do. Nothing.  The whole day. No reason we are there. We aren't communicated with.
They are now in process of letting teachers go.  Enrollment is way down.  Classes were consolidated and the teachers with lower numbers are to be terminated. 
They NEVER like the newbies. The supervising teachers and admin focus on making your life hell. My father died while I was in school.  I took ONE SINGLE DAY to be with my 10 year old son who was taking it very hard.  They docked me 1000 DHS. 
The students can't function in a classroom. They are paid an allowance to be there, given the highest end macbook pros and iPads. (But the internet rarely works in the classrooms).  Their parents make them come and they don't want to be there.  They let you know that and will act out to be sent out.  It really doesn't work because this school never kicks anyone out.  They were told in STS last year that, even though they advertised it as a way to prepare their students for college, no student in STS would be allowed in a UAE college.  They lied to the parents and the parents were pxxxxx, rightly so.
I was scared for my job. I was crying at night. my hair fell out. I went on antidepressants. I gained 30 pounds because I had no energy to do anything.
Oh, and the end of service...In IAT, they are just starting to get it.  Seriously, the law is that they pay you the end of service before the last day you are at work.  Its october.  They are late paying you anyway, so this doesn't come as a shock. If you are a "cxxx" teacher, as you say, then the lack of teaching will suit you just fine. I was the discipline mentor and supervising teacher at my school. I have 12 years experience and am now enjoying my time in Doha teaching college.  But that school is not a school. It is an insult. No one is happy there. No one wants to stay.  You work long hours than any other school.  Oh, and if you want a law to apply to you...it won't.  They don't recognize us as a school with ADEC and we aren't private. No one knew who we were and no one would help us when we were threatened. You come to the middle east and they treat you like sxxx.

BTW, I was brought in to "train" other teachers and to help them to build their program.  All of us were. I promise you, there is no training and they want you to keep your mouth shut. You will hate this place.

I'm sorry for what you had to go through dear. Wish you all the best.

Thank you for the detailed reply. I am beginning to feel a bit put-off.

I'm so glad that I came across this topic! I've been looking all over the internet about some sort of information regarding the  ADVETI interview and written test and I've finally come across it!

Does anyone have any interviews coming up with ADVETI soon?

Hi Guys..It's not that Bad....I came over a few months ago as a Cluster. And apart from getting thrown in the deep end and having work over load which I HAD in the UK too, I love my Job...Adveti are unorganised because they don't help you much inregards to the paperwork and you have to go through the stages yourself but you get paid what your owed (Near enough) and your wages come on Time. All companies have problems. The problem in the UAE is that everything is very last minute and thats exactly how this Job is. Give it a Chance and come with an open mind...I love it here anyways....

If anyone wants to get in touch with me, please feel free.

Hi, I have been offered a job with Adveti to train teachers as part of MOE project do you know anything about this?

Hello there. Yes it's a project under the Ministry of Education where you'll be responsible for 1 school as support for English teachers. At the same time you'll also be responsible for training students on some exams as requirement for their university education. ADVETI and this MOE project in particular is a good place to work with. Wish you all the best .

What salary has been offered?

Normally 12000 salary plus 8000 accommodation. So 20k package.

For cluster teachers?

Yup

Thanks

Hello Everybody

Good luck to everyone who have been offered a job with ADVETI and planing a move to UAE. I'm in initial stage I have been Interviewed and waiting for outcome.

Does that relocation to UAE was easy? I'm bit worried about it, how I would proceed further if any positive outcome? In my job position I will not have any relocation package or initial 10 days hotel stay as most of you have been offered.

Probably, I may need a sharing accommodation on rent for few days and a share car lift to work place until I'm settle down. I would appreciate your thoughts or would be interested if any one already there could offer me any such help.

Thank you very much.

It will cost you a lot of money to start up here you will need money to pay for a hotel and food before you find your accommodation. Once you have found your accommodation you will need to pay a deposit on the accommodation and all utilities. You will need to hire a car until your employment visa is fully processed and you will have to find more money for your visa and medical checks if your employer is not paying. You will not get any help from the banks until your visa is finalized and this usually takes a few weeks. Try and negotiate a much better package than this as it is a very expensive place to live and you will have to wait until the end of each month to be paid. All in all it will cost a lot of money. You really do need the employer to provide some of this.

Hello everyone,

I recently contacted Adveti and they advised that they're looking to get my visa done for December- 1st week of January. I still haven't received an official offer of employment yet, just the initial one. They've said that the HR process is still not complete, God willing it'll go well.

I'm a little bit worried about relocation, I hope to be located in Abu Dhabi, but nothing has been confirmed yet. Also a bit worried about whether or not I will receive a relocation allowance- does anyone here know anything about that? The position I have been offered is Teacher Trainer.

Your answers are greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much for the reply sanderr. If successful, I will look at my initial offer and decide if I should go ahead. Does the offer contain what salary and benefits being offered or just the band?

Your offer should contain your salary, a separate housing allowance and if you have children a separate allowance for their education. If you are married and your wife is also coming the housing allowance is higher. You should also be given a one off payment to help you settle into the UAE which is usually given within the first couple of weeks. This money is fundamentally necessary to cover your housing and utility deposits along with the need to purchase your furniture as furnished apartments are scarce out here. In Abu Dhabi There are rules regarding sharing, I have copied the following from an online article:
"The tenant may not assign or sub-let the property in whole or in part without the written permission of the landlord.
If house-sharing, tenants should consider Federal law No. 1 of 2011. Under this law, up to three unrelated people may occupy each room in an apartment or villa, however no more than six unrelated people in total may occupy a villa – there is no limit for apartments. Only one family unit may occupy an apartment or villa, not multiple families. Unrelated males and females may not live together See more at: http://abudhabiweek.ae/know-your-rights … prZna.dpuf
Also when renting a property you will need something Called a "tawtheeq" in Abu Dhabi which shows the property is registered with the Municipality. You will only be given your housing allowance if you show this as there are many properties out here that are unregistered. If you do go to an unregistered property the Municipality can come along at ant time and make you move out. If that happens you will lose any money paid to the landlord so insist on seeing the tawtheeq before signing anything.
There are many strict rules and regulations here but in all Abu Dhabi is a an exciting, cosmopolitan,vibrant, tolerant and beautiful place to live. This is something you would need to experience for yourself and is really impossible to explain in mere words.

Please think carefully before deciding to move and take up a teaching job in AUH.
Depending on the country you come from, your personal circumstances, age, health profile, and expectations, your intended move may add to your life experiences or the other way around.
Please make an informed decision because I have come across more negative people around who have just 'compromised' with life and live miserably within themselves. The few who are really positive have reached a stage where their children have flown the coop. Being financially independent, they decided to make the move in order to experience a different culture and perspective. They have certainly not taken back anything else from here.
So please make an informed choice. If you can take a year-long break from your existing job, give it a go. That way, you have a safety net to back you up. People I have met, who returned at the end of one year in this part of the world did struggle to get back into their own earlier slots in the countries that they came from.
If you have 3 years of your life to spare then it can be a very enriching experience to move here.

Hi Tranquility

Do they take a very long time to process the visa after an initial offer? Didn't they mention about relocation package on your initial offer? Based on your job title you fall between grade 1 to 7 so, I assume you will get relocation package and hotel stay as well for initial few days.

However, people over 8 will not have this benefits included.

ATB

Hi Sanderr

Thanks for all that helpful information I appreciate. It looks its difficult to get a shared housing due to tenancy laws in place and renting the apartment on our own while single is an expensive deal during the probationary period.

Did you moved already and been staying there for a while?

Cheers

Hi all

I've seen many people have lots of questions about ADVETI. I have created a Facebook group called ADVETI STARTERS 2015/16 to help us all exchange information and experience a lot easier.

Sam

We have been here 3 years. It takes a while to settle here because of the initial start up costs. I advise you to ask them to provide your accommodation until you find an affordable place. acommodation is very expensive just go online and look at estate agents in Abu Dhabi.