Teaching salary and benefits with ADVETI

hi,
          have u joined adveti?

No
I declined their offer.

hi,
   what abt renewal of contract?Any been who has resigned the contract.R there any permotions.?

u r in london.Hows teaching profesion there?

not yet,waiting for their reply.

Hi Scott,
Can you remember what the questions were in the test.

Thanks

After my interview on April 27, I received word on May 13 that my interview went well and I have been recommended for a position with ADVETI. On May 21, I received my initial offer letter.

Now on to the fun "chain of authentication" process for authenticating/attesting my documents...

Hi

I got a contract with Adveti, with a school in Abu Dhabi and starting in August.

Hi

Does anyone know how the initial renting happens. Whilst researching I found for most apartments or Villas, you pay upfront yearly or bi-yearly. How does this work if ADVETI pay get the housing allowance monthly?

Also i will be based in STS Mohammed Bin Zayed Abu Dhabi, is anyone on this forum based there currently and any advise on schools an places to live in the area.

Thanks

Hi there

I'm considering taking a position with Adveti, but after reading some of the comments in this blog, I'm really concerned. It sounds like an organisation that does not really care about the employees and I personally would be making a huge mistake.

I tried to negotiate aspects of my contract, but not been very successful. Anyone else have similar experiences?

What other advice would you give?

I just received my final contract today, June 16. (interview was April 27, received initial offer May 21). I believe I will be at Al Reef Institute of Logistics and Applied Technology, Al Shahama, Abu Dhabi (male campus I assume).

Has anybody applied for a post in Bahrain?

I had my interview in Manchester on the 22nd and I'm waiting for my recruiter to get back to me to see if I've been successful *fingers crossed*.

The written test lasted more than an hour and the interview was no more than 5 minutes and everybody I met also said their interview didn't last more than 5 minutes.

My certificates have already been notorised (had to get them done a few years ago for a previous job application), so I'm just waiting now.

Hi there,
I received an initial offer with ADVETI on 28/05/14 and I have not heard from them part from when they were request fun my credentials through my agency. I have now left my current employer but in huge dilemma. To crown it all I am to go for weeks holiday in  the next 12 days. Can any one help?  It would almost 1 and half month today. And exactly two months from my interview date.
By the way kudos to those who have set up this blog - it is really useful

I received an initial offer back in March after an interview in Manchester for EFL position. Haven't heard anything since . My rep at Teachaway is Dave Cairns, who says he's still waiting?
Any ideas guys ?

Hi there,
Indeed. David C, is the UK teachway manager and he has no way to speed up the process and  I am in exactly the position as you. And we have to wait. In my case I have gambled the chance and on this premise I left my job but let's see what happens in the next two weeks
Good luck to all with similar predicwnts
Alyusra

Many thanks
Let me know if you hear anything?
Regards

Hi Taxi123, I am Paul O'Donnell and currently in UK, awaiting news of a contract to work with ADVETI. I have applied to be a PDI (Personal Development Instructor) and I have been trying to find out what type of topics/subjects are currently being taught as part of the Personal Development programme? I am also trying to find out if anyone is already teaching PD in any of the 5 colleges?
PD is going to encompass, drill, map reading, PE, skills at arms, adventure training, leadership, teamwork activities.
Any light be it of a positive or negative nature would be greatly appreciated?
Could you reply to this message or to [email protected] with anything you may know?
Anything you can throw my way is greatly appreciated.

Paul OD

Hi Paul,
My name is Darryl Hopton, I am also waiting to hear from ADVETI with regards to the PDI positions. According to the new job adverts they have filled the male positions! I have a couple of questions, Similar to you I was wandering what subjects will be delivered, when are they looking to start and are you taking family with you?
If you want to have a chat please email me on [email protected] and I will give you my mobile, like wise if anyone else out there has any information regarding the PDI position, please share it on this blog.

Kind regards

Darryl Hopton

Rightly said, ADVETI is very likely to move you around the especially if you are placed in VEDC; Shahama.

I was in VEDC for a September 2013 start and in the first week of October 2013, I was asked to go to Ajman. I was told they were processing someone's visa and that once the person arrives, I will be back in VEDC. I was there till the end of the academic year July 2014.

I only spent the weekends at home back in Abu Dhabi and stayed in a hotel during the week in Ajman. It was tiring and also not safe travelling every weekends but God kept me safe. No time to spend with my family.

I decided to resign because management couldn't assure me of going back to VEDC. They deducted their relocation allowance of 20000 AED because I had not completed one full year. (Not academic year). The short story is, I had to pay them about 1400 AED as monies owed for not completing a full year before my visa was cancelled.   

Generally speaking, I think many teachers love it but obviously there would be some who would have bad experiences like I did.

I now have a job with ADEC and would be starting in August 2014.

Hi I am going for interview for a teaching position with ADVETI. I got some questions please reply them so I can make informed decision for my family.

A housing allowance of: Abu Dhabi 11,600 married is it per month or yearly
  Other cities 9,280 married is it per month or yearly

42 calendar days of vacation - is it 30 working days + plus 12 days which consist of Friday and Saturdays
  Can we take them in one go.
  What about EID holidays or public holidays?

Working week is from Sunday-Thursday or Saturday-Thursday 

Any luck with excluding the movement to a different location clause in UAE

Rent will be paid with monlty salary or to the landlord

Children school will be paid with monthly salary or to the school

Dear friend please inform me my two sisters have one is BSE MATHE+B ed . second MA Islamic study+B ed.and my wife BA+ B ed.can they apply ADVETI. Please inform and help me...All from pakistan. Me live in abudhabi. Waiting your response.
Regards
Zulqernane butt 0527729275 email address. [email protected]

Please visit the link for more information. sts.ac.ae/about-sts/careers/

Hi Paul
My husband also interviewed for the PDI post and after the initial yes have heard nothing since.  I am trying to find out info on the internet and after reading some of these posts am slightly nervous.  I will let you know if we hear anything we have quite a few friends out there but need to investigate who they work for.
Anna

you can check this link
adveti.abudhabi.ae/about-us/careers/

can you mail me the link?

Hi Anna,

Like your husband I have been interviewed and awaiting news about the next steps.

You / your husband can contact me via [email protected] or 07925292681

Always good to chat and share whatever info we have. And I have worked in UAE for 2 yrs, back in 2006-08, so can tell you a little about what to expect.

Paul OD

Hi all ,
Watch out for adveti .
I have been contacted by them for an interview in manchester. A lady called Beena , she used to work for a Indian run rouge recruitment agency called " Phoenix recruitment UAE ".
After attending the interview they offered me the job but no mention of benefits. When I asked the interviewer who happens to be the Director of ADVETi . His reply was same as advertised.
After waiting nearly a month when I contacted them about the initial contract I was told that they are now offering me job on a different pay scale less then what was advertised. I have now turned down the offer.
Be aware if them ADVETI is run by Indians with fake PHDs. Which anyone can buy for less then £500 from india. The Arabs use then as mediators and play the good cop bad cop.
Very un professional . They will put u in front of rotten spoiled UAE high school drop outs and put Indians incharge to man manage you.
I did lot of research not a good organisation to work for.
Cheers
Nauman

Hello, I just recently received an offer from GLENGE school.... has anyone worked for this school? I would like for me to teach at the Ruwais campus. How was or is your experience!

Hi there all
Anyone heard anything about the PDI positions?

Kind regards

Darryl Hopton

Hi Darryl,

Apparently there is a delay towards the end of August/erly sept as they need to recruit more teachers first.

Hi there all,

I have just had an email from Teachaway giving me an update in respect of PDI.
"We had requested an update from ADVETI yesterday afternoon on PDI candidates. We were informed that there will be an update on the situation as soon as possible, but at this time they could not let us know the status of the PDI project I am afraid.

If I were to guess, I would say that the likelihood of any PDI candidate traveling in the Autumn of 2014 is slim at this stage. We had a similar scenario last year and no PDI candidates were hired.

Sorry to be the messenger !!!
Dose anyone else know different?

Kind regards

Darryl

Hi All.

I'm heading over to Al Ain UAE in about 2 weeks.
It has been a very frustrating time for my family and I.

I want to share some information that can help.

More posts coming soon.

Hi
What will you be teaching?
Good luck with your move
Kind regards

Darryl

I can't believe the amount of crap and BS on this discussion thread. Firstly, do your homework and read the previous threads so we don't have the same BS questions coming up, all right?

I signed my final contract around 1 week ago (19/08/14), yes late.

During Ramadan they all stop. I advise that during the interview you get their contact email addresses. Beena from HRM is too busy and so are the others (or too slow).

Before I go meandering on..... here are points I want to say for all you guys/girls thinking about joining ADVETI:

1. This site here is one of only just a few that offers info. about the ADVETI hiring process. It is valuable and precious. So you should submit the info that you know cause it will help others ( as it has helped me).

2. Wages are good and usually fair.

3. The hiring process is slow and cumbersome. You have to be patient and try to plan ahead.

4. Try to friend others already hired on: LinkedIn, Facebook i.e. ADVETI UAE groups.

5. Try to pressure HR into moving their slow arses by: being polite but firm and to the point, be persistent; don't give up but be willing to walk away.

6. Have contingency plan...look elsewhere in the gulf in case ADVETi falls through.

7. Once u get past the interview, the initial contract and the final contract u have to go through the process which require you to enter the country as a permanent resident. This is time consuming and ADVETI don't really give u enough info about it. So these are the steps I took:

A. Go to a lawyer, public official; justice of the peace; etc to get the documents signed off, "notirized",  as a valid copy of the original document (terminology Aussie/Kiwi but the process is the same);

B. Documents will be: marriage cert; copies of birth certs of any kids; highest degree obtained; university transcript of this degree;

C. Go to your Foreign Affairs and get these documents "Authenticated". Yes, there is very specific terminology here.

D. Next, once this is done, go/send the documents to the UAE Embassy/Consulate to get them to "Attested"...WTF? It means they can verify that the documents are true and that there is a chain of signatures that can be verified.

E. Then you have to take then docs with you to UAE (which I haven't done yet, I'm coming to it).

I will be late through no doing of my own. Ill let u all know how I go.

Oh, I'm going to Al Ain....which is great.

I hope this helps.

Wish me luck.

just signed my final contract! WIll be heading to Ras al Khaimah :D

Hi Darryl,

Thanks for your post mate.

My last post gives the impression that I am pissed off when I'm not.

I just think there must be a better way to share our experiences going to the UAE given all the trials and tribulations. We
can give good advice and hope to those who want to follow.

So I give thanks to those before me and those that have shared their pearls of wisdom.

Trail blazers....I salute you!

Good luck guys!

Hi RX7

I am also now in the process of getting all my documents attested and notarized. I will be going to the Western region of Abu Dhabi. I am only flying out round about the 3rd of October so would really appreciate your feedback. I'm quite nervous due to the fact that my baby and husband can only join once their visas is done. So I would appreciate any feedback that will make our relocation easier and quicker.

Kind regards

Hi , I am also teaching in the Western Region at a place called Mirfa . Send me an email with your questions ? Me email is [email protected]

Thanx Anita, Will inbox you.